• Published 23rd Jan 2013
  • 1,585 Views, 36 Comments

Maybe and after all - Fat1thatyoulove



This is Part 12 in the Maybe series. Life as a pony is hard enough, but having mare trouble is worst.

  • ...
5
 36
 1,585

Chapter 4

Chapter 4


You have followed Sweetie Belle to a small tree house somewhere in Applejack’s orchard. Outside of the tree house you can see two more young ponies. One is Apple Bloom, whom you have me one time before when you helped Applejack and Twilight harvest apples before the cold got to them, of course you were not a pony then so she probably will not recognize you. The other pony however you have never meet before, as you get closer to the two ponies Sweetie belle calls out to them.

“Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, I found a new Cutie Mark Crusader!”

You think about what you just heard, crusader? You try to think about the word but the only thing you can think of is wars and death, and that makes you wonder what these three little fillies do. You start to plan an escape route if one of them brings out a suit of armor.

“Him?!” The orange pegasus which must be Scootaloo points to you and laughs. “How do you not have a cutie mark?!”

Apple bloom pokes the orange pony, “That’s not nice.”

Scootaloo blows at Apple bloom. She then walks up to you and stares at you, “How do you not have a cutie mark…your old?”

You look down at the pony, “I don’t know.” Honestly you don’t know how to answer the question.

Apple bloom cuts in front of Scootaloo as she talks, “I’m Apple Bloom! Who are you?”

Her southern accent is not as prominent as Applejacks, but you still find ponies with accents funny.

You say hello and your name, she doesn’t notice the name.

“We are the Cutie Mark Crusaders, a group dedicated to helping ponies find there special talent and their cutie marks!” The little pony jumps excitedly at the end of her sentence. “Would you like to join?”

You look at Sweetie Belle and Apple Blooms excited faces as they wait for your response. Scootaloo on the other hand still looks at you with a skeptical expression. “Sure?”

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle cheer in joy.

You on the other hand can’t stop laughing in your head, HA I am now a firebending, alien, human/pony wizard, crusader!...note to self, find a simpler sentence.

Scootaloo sighs as the other two calm down, “Great…now can we go? Are cutie marks are not going to find themselves you know.”

Sweetie Belle taps her hoof to her face, “where are we going?”

Apple bloom pulls a map from what seems like nowhere, “The Everfree forest! We haven’t ever really explored there, maybe are talent is exploring!”

Scootaloo cuts Apple Bloom off before she could explain further, “Wouldn’t a compass or or a map look awesome on me!”

You laugh at her comment….bad move.

Scootaloo looks at you, “Well at least we are not thirty years old with not talent.”

The other two fillies giggle to each other. You are a little mad at her comment thirty? “I’m not thirty.”

“Great he is talentless and he doesn’t understand jokes.”

Sweetie and Apple bloom continue to giggle at the continued onslaught. “Ok so are we going to the free ever forests now?”

Apple bloom corrects you, “Everfree Forest.”

You nod your head, but you don’t really care.

You follow the three ponies down a path for a few minutes; you are noticing the trees around you are starting to get thicker. You are starting to feel uneasy as you continue down the path and now Rarity’s words are starting to chime in your head. “Is this place safe?”

Scootaloo turns and looks at you, “Of course why wouldn’t it be?”

Sweetie belle walks closer to you now as she too starts to get that uneasy feeling, “Are…Are you sure?”

You decide to try using Sweetie as your excuse for not wanting to go further. “Ya I think…”

Before you can finish your sentence your knocked onto your back, the dirt you hit is hard and you think a twig has just bury itself in a place you really don’t want a twig.

You open your eyes to see the smiling face of your attacker…

“Sup dude, where you guys going?”

Scootaloo gets a girlish fan-girl voice as she calls out the ponies’ name, “Rainbow Dash! What’s up!”

Rainbow flaps herself off of you and gives the little orange pegasus a rub on the head. “Noting much squirt.”

You watch how the act towards each other…that explains Scootaloo she’s friends with Rainbow.

“Are you following me Rainbow?”

Rainbow stops the hoof assault on the laughing pegasus head to look at you, “phff, ya right like I have nothing better to do with my time but follow you.” She flies up into the air and taps her hoof to her face, “Still why are you guys going into the Everfree Forest?”

Apple Bloom speaks for the three ponies, “We are going to get our cutie marks in exploring.” Her happy smile disappears as Rainbow scolds her.

“You ponies know it’s dangerous in there; what would Rarity or Applejack say if they knew where you where?”

Sweetie points to you, “He is going to keep us safe.”

Rainbow looks you over then laughs, “Him? Sorry girls but he can’t do much.”

You stare at the cyan pony in shock, can’t do much? You stare at her wings, a purple film surrounds them and they stop flapping. Rainbow falls to the ground with a girlish scream. It was maybe a two foot fall so you don’t feel bad at all.

You smile as she yells at you.

You’re surprised none of the little fillies asked about how you just did magic but it’s understandable as you listen to their pleas.

“Rainbow don’t tell my sister about what we were doing!” Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle’s pleas sound like a squeaky southern mixed voice…it is too cute to ignore.

Rainbow laughs at them, “Chill out I wasn’t going to tell.”

The two ponies give a sigh of relief.

Scootaloo on the other hand is now sitting on the ground with her hooves crossed, “Aw man now we’ll never get our cutie marks in exploring.”

Rainbow walks over to her, “Sure you will, I’ll be your guide in the forest!”

Rainbow flies up into the air as she talks, “But if we do this it’s only for a little bit and you don’t tell anypony ok?”

Rainbow looks at you especially, “You got that?”

You decide to toy with her before you agree, “What’s that Rainbow can’t fly well?”

Rainbow’s voice strikes a new cord as she talks back to you, “Dude you can’t even fly?”

You walk towards the forest as you continue to toy with her, “Nope, but I don’t miss hitting a huge wolf either.”

The three ponies’ that follow you giggle as Rainbow starts to get blushing cheeks and stutters with her words.

As Rainbow tries changing the conversation you take it as a sign of you winning.

“So I missed a wolf, so what I can still beat you in a race, or anything athletic.”

You start to ignore Dash’s comments as the forest starts to get darker from the ticking tree line.
“Hey Rainbow, what’s so special about the Everfree Forest?’

Rainbow drops her petty comments as she is brought back to her environment. She looks around as she talks, “It’s a place where strange things happen and a place where monsters live.”

Sweetie Belle has a low tone as she talks, “What…what kind of things?”

Rainbow picks up on Sweetie’s tone and decides to explain further in a what you can guess is a spooky voice.

You roll your eyes at her lame excuse for a scary voice. You have the strangest feeling in your stomach that you really should not have let Rainbow take you four into the forest. But you keep suppressing this feeling as it’s too late to say no anyways. Rarity’s words still chime in your head, you grind your teeth a little as you try to listen to any sounds of twigs breaking…you have seen enough movies to know how things start.

End of chapter 4