• Published 23rd Jan 2013
  • 1,585 Views, 36 Comments

Maybe and after all - Fat1thatyoulove



This is Part 12 in the Maybe series. Life as a pony is hard enough, but having mare trouble is worst.

  • ...
5
 36
 1,585

Chapter 2

Chapter 2 (Rain or Stars)

Spike refused to help clean up breakfast, mainly because, as he put it, “I did not drop food on the floor, why do I have to help?” Honestly two little apple pieces? So with him not wanting to help you of course offered to help Twilight….bad move. She turned a simple clean up into a magic lesson, float, teleport, and fix dropped plates. Note to self, stop trying to hold things in your hooves. It wasn’t all bad you got her to start talking again at last.

As you float the last fixed plate into the cupboard you turn to Twilight. “Done.”

Twilight still sits where she has been since you came downstairs; she taps her hoof to her face as she looks around. “You know I think being turned into a pony has really helped your magic.” She walks over to you and places her hoof to her head. “But if you can do magic why did you not get a horn?”

You think about it for a moment, “Ya, but wouldn’t that be cool if I had wings?”

Twilight takes her hoof from your hairline, “Why wings?”

“Then I could….” You’re interrupted by a high pitched voice from behind you.

“So that he could hope to beat me in a race…duh!?”

You know only one pony with that voice…and of course she would pick today to stop by, and of course it would be right when you and Twilight were talking again.

You look over Twilight’s expression as she says hello to Rainbow, she does not have the same happy smile she use to have when she would see her friend.


Rainbow flies over to where you both stand and starts to shake you with her hooves as she talks “HEY! You want to go to the track and see if your puny pony body can keep up with this awesome one. Heck I won’t even use my wings.”
You think over her statement, puny? Is she forgetting this puny body rammed a wolf that was going to eat her? Before you could speak Twilight speaks for you.

“Oh Rainbow, that sounds like fun but I think we are going to be busy with a magic and pony lesson today.”

Rainbow doesn’t sense the tone of Twilight’s voice and continues as normal, “Oh well you wouldn’t have to come? You don’t even like that kind of stuff. Besides what more does he need to learn about being a pony?” Rainbow flies in front of you and faces you. “You know not to steal or kill anyone right?”

You nod your head.

Rainbow nudges Twilight, “Call me crazy but I think he’s got it.”

You give a little chuckle at how Rainbow still cannot take a hint. “Rainbow, I think I’m going to stay here today.”

Rainbow lets out an annoyed huff, “Ok” She pokes her hoof into your side, “You tell me if you go on any adventures... can’t have you getting hurt again huh?”

Before you can state you saved her first she has already bolted out of the house. You turn back to Twilight, “Ok so what do I need to learn.”

Twilight stutters with her words and it takes her a few moments to give an audible sentence, “Um…I know you need to learn…how to.” She taps her hoof to her mouth and shoots her eyes around the room trying to find something.
You poke at her, “Sounds great, when do I start.”
Twilight moves from your hoof, “Oh don’t worry I will find something.”

You now are starting to regret saying you are going to stay home.

“Twilight! Twilight!”

Spike runs into the room with a huge smile on his face as he jumps up and down.

You stare at the little purple conversation killer and think, do I ever get to finish a sentence?

Twilight turns her gaze to the excited hoping dragon, “Yes Spike?”

The last time Spike was this happy was when Rarity asked Spike to go gem hunting with her; you can’t imagine why that would be fun. You’re already planning to do something to Spike if the first words out of his mouth are, Rarity, you listen as the overly excited dragon tries to talk.

“Celestia sent your SCORE!”

Spike unfolds a piece of paper; Twilight floats the paper to her. “Dear my most faithful student, I am happy to say you have passed the test…”

Twilight looks at you with bright beaming purple eyes; she runs over to you and hugs you. “I PASSED!”

You wrap your hooves around her, “I knew you would.”

Spike stands beside you two and starts poking you both. “There is more.”

Twilight releases you from her grasp and returns back to the letter, she continues to look over the letter. “Twilight to celebrate your passing to the next step of your teaching I am inviting you and your friends to Canterlot for a nice weekend this week.”
Twilight floats eight tickets out of a fold in the letter.

Spike nudges you, “Hey there are eight tickets that means you’re coming with us, don’t worry I know all the cool hangouts in Canterlot.”

Twilight looks over the letter as she speaks, “I just hope we can have a nice visit to Canterlot this time.”

You laugh at her comment, the only time you have been there you almost died and from her stories that seems to be a real common event there.

Twilight folds the letter back up, “Well we need to go and give everypony there tickets.”

“We?”

Twilight smiles at you “Told you I would find something.” She slowly brushes you with her tail as she walks past you.

Spike follows behind Twilight “Are you going to Rarity’s? Can I come?”

Twilight nods her head at Spike as he runs towards the door and anxiously waits in front of it.

So much for staying home today, you follow after the two of them as they leave the house.

Chapter 2 end