• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 2,722 Views, 64 Comments

How Cruel Is The Golden Rule? - TLC



Golden Harvest's life is pretty average, though she stuggles in her own dwelling of depression.

  • ...
5
 64
 2,722

3. "Healing" (Alternate Title "Wayward Romance")

3

Healing



I sat back, eyes wide, as Twilight forced herself onto me. I could smell the lavender from her fur and could taste the sweetness of her tongue as it slipped passed my lips and into my mouth. I couldn't comprehend anything in the moments our mouths were one, but I didn't fight it. I pulled her even closer as we laid on the couch. Now, I was glad Spike wasn't there. Twilight pulled back, probably the worse feeling I felt all day was her lips leaving mine. She grinned sensually as she brought her lips back down to mine. She started to leave little kisses going along my jaw line and down my neck. Then lower, lower, and lower....

I couldn't contain my moans of pleasure as she proceed even lower. It felt both wrong and right at the same time. I knew that nopony knew what was happening right now. It could have been one little secret, it didn't seem bad. Just some healing, of the soul, heart, and body through the comfort and gentle touches between two close friends...right? I needed this, and maybe Twilight did, too. It never crossed my mind at all that maybe she was just into me. She couldn't be. What about Fluttershy?

Fluttershy...Shit! I sat up and forced Twilight back up to face me, her face was flushed and she was licking her lips. I couldn't believe what I was about to say or do, half me wanted to continue this little session, but my heart told me to end it.

"What's wrong?" Twilight said grinning still from the previous engagement. "Weren't you enjoying this?" I stared into her lust filled eyes and I almost laid back down, taking her with me. But this was wrong, and selfish.

"Twi..." I panted heavily, recovering. "Stop...This is amazing, and I appreciate it from you." Her lustful grin turned to a smile, it warmed and tortured me. "But you need to think for a second. This isn't like you! Think about it...What about Fluttershy?"

Twilight's eyes widened at the mention of her mare friend's name, they filled with sorrow, regret and....rage? She frowned at me and got off, wiping her mouth as she left the couch and stomped up stairs. I heard a door open and slam, what was her problem?

I followed up the stairs to the room she had entered. I was about to open it, but I heard faint sounds of sobs, followed by the sounds of hoof hitting pillow. I opened the door a crack and peaked in side. What I saw made me feel guilty.

Twilight sat on her bed, facing her window. I couldn't see the tears, but she cried softly, letting out her whimpers in the darkness of her bedroom. She held a picture frame to her chest. I stepped in, immediately getting her attention.

"Go away." She whispered coldly. "Just leave me alone." I stood by the door way and stepped closer to the bed. She turned to me, her eyes were bloodshot and her cheeks were soaked. "I told you to go away!" I saw the picture in the frame now. It was of her and Fluttershy at her cottage.

In that moment, I thought of leaving. I could have, knowing she was in this state I could have turned around and left her be. I had never seen her so sad, it pained me. She gripped the picture and turned away.

"No, Twilight." I sat on the bed with her, she was still facing away. "Listen, I know what just happen was a little sudden and weird for your tastes..." She turned to face me again, I guess she was listening. "But I have to know why? Why would you risk hurting 'Shy just to make me feel better?"

She turned all the way around, not looking at me directly. After a few moments, Twilight spoke. "You're one of my closest friends, Golden. I hate seeing the ponies I'm closest to suffer alone." She wiped the tears forming in her eyes away. "The thought of you actually trying to...off yourself...It made me sick. I couldn't take losing you." She sat closer to me. "I love you, Golden. I love you, but I love Fluttershy, too." She hugged me and whispered. "There will always be a special place in my heart for you."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. How could Twilight love me? She has Fluttershy! I grabbed her and brought her close.

"No, Twi! This is wrong! You can't love me! You can't! Think about Fluttershy, think about the times you and her had!" I got up from the bed and headed for the door. Yeah, I may have over reacted to this, but it didn't make sense to me. The door shut in front of me, Twilight's magic highlighted it. I turned to see her right behind me.

"You're not going to tell her, are you?" She asked shakily. I could tell that she didn't mean for the minutes before to head that way. She was slowly realizing her mistake. I looked her in the eye and told her the truth.

"I'm not going to," I said. Her face brighten up and she hugged me, but I pulled away. "Because you have to."

Twilight looked at me like I slapped her. "Me?! B-b-b-but I can't tell her! It'd break her heart..." She slumped to the ground and started to cry. It made me even more depressed when I saw her in this state. I sat beside her, wrapping a comforting arm around her. She leaned into me.

"It's okay...She'll understand, Shhh..." I caressed her mane. "It's gonna be fine. You made a mistake, everypony does. Don't cry..." She looked up at me with sad eyes, but with a smile. She hugged tighter, no longer crying.

It was Dejah vu again, but with Twilight crying in my hooves and me doing the comforting. I was confused, what made her want to be with me? Who would want to? I never saw my self as an ideal other for somepony, but Twilight really felt something with me. I smiled sadly at the thought of her and I being together. Of course it could never be.

She looked up to me again, this time with concern in her voice. "What about you? I didn't mean to take advantage of you back there...Especially in the space you were in..."

I smiled sadly at her, and whispered into her ear. "I don't know. But I know this," I kissed her on the forehead. "I'm glad you were there for me."

I nuzzled Twilight and got up off the floor. On my way out, Twilight called to me from the stairs. I turned and she rushed for a hug. I embraced her, tears forming in my eyes. I left the library and headed for my home.

_________________________________________________________________


Cherilee sat up in her bed, tears streaming continuously from her lime green eyes. She had recovered slightly from the event earlier that day, when Golden came in and yelled and screamed at her for telling Twilight about the cliff. She regretted it. For more than anything in Equestria, she wanted to take it back, Cherilee wanted her friend back. She missed Golden immensely. She wanted to see her, say she was sorry, or at least say something to her. Golden was too important to her.

I LOVED YOU!! That phrase bounced about in Cherilee's head, and played over and over and over again like a broken record on a skipping c.d. She cried even more while remembering the tears that fell from Golden's face as she pinned Cherilee down to the floor. She hates me... She thought. B-but she...she said...

"She said she loved me..." Cherilee spoke out load. As she did, a wave of emotions wrecked through her heart all at once. Head pounded and she screamed in agony. "Why? Why am I such a lousy friend?!"

Cherilee screamed at the wall facing the left of her bed. "She loved me! She bucking loved me and I threw it all out the window with our friendship!" She stopped to realize what she was thinking. What is this feeling? She thought. Do....do I love her back? At this thought, she blushed and groaned at her situation. At the cliff, she had told her that she loved her, but as a friend, not knowing that Golden loved her more than that.

Cherilee laid back in bed, hitting head on the head board. She yelped in pain and rubbed her head. Before drifting off to sleep, she thought about everything Golden and her had been through, all the bucked up situations Golden's been in and the times Cherilee had comforted her. Tomorrow, I'll find her...And I'll apologize. Her final thought.


And maybe...I'll tell her....


Call me back wayward that she's gone,
Cat Like Thief, she stole air from my lungs,
Leave me standing on this lonely grave,
I dug it up in case she turns away....