• Published 6th Jan 2013
  • 597 Views, 15 Comments

The Story of Zeta - Z-A-C



This is the story of my OC Zeta, and his adventure to Equestria after being exiled from his tribe.

  • ...
 15
 597

Chapter 15: Two Weeks Later

My eyes snapped open and I looked around. I am in a house I think. I sat up and shook my head. "Man that was a weird dream..." I chuckled. "As if I could, or even would do something like that." I stood up and walked outside. My jaw dropped and my eyes widened at the sight. This place is a wreck. There are only a few houses standing, there's a giant crater, and is that...blood? What could have happened? And how did I get so lucky to have missed it. Then a thought popped into my head. "Velvet!? Ganger!? Where are you?!"

"They're asleep." I from my right. I jump and looked at what spoke. "Zeta right?" He then chuckled. "Why am I asking, of course you are."

"W-who are you."

"Seth, pleasure to finally meet you." He the sat down. "Your friends are in the other room, sleeping. Probably shouldn't wake them up though."

Memories of the zebras flashed before my eyes. "Are they okay!? Where are the zebras?!"

"Dead."

"W-what?"

"Well, most of them. Some might have gotten away. But you were very precise, Zeta."

I glared at him. "What are you talking about?"

"Ah, of course you think it was a dream." He sighed. "Well I'll leave it to the others to tell you. For now though, I think we should tell the others you're awake."

"Others?" I got into an attack stance. "I thought you said the zebras were gone?!"

"Calm yourself, Zeta. They are. The others are ponies from Equestria. The may have some questions for you."

"O-ok?"

He led me into the living room area, where there were six ponies. They were talking about something but I couldn't hear them. "Hey, hes awake."

I look at the ponies in the room. "H-hi?" They all turned they're heads to me. "Um..." I looked around nervously. "M-maybe I should go..."

"No." Seth said, as he walked past me. "Come on guys, you're making him nervous..."

The purple one spoke up. "S-sorry." She looked at the others and then at Seth. "Do you mind if we have a word?" I shook my head. "Thanks." They all huddled together and after a few minutes they broke and nodded at each other. They all started leaving.

As the last pony left I saw Seth had his arms crossed. "Ya coulda just told me in the first place, ya know!?" He turned to me. "Well, it looks like I'm supposed to question you... So I guess we'll start with: Where are you from?"

"I-I'm from a village in the northern province of the Wastelands."

"I see." He nodded. "Why are you travelling?"

"I was...exiled from my village a few months ago."

He raised an eyebrow. "Oh really?" I nodded. "Why?"

"I was born with a curse that gave me serpentine eyes. On my birthday I woke with my right eye throbbing in pain and blood on my pillow, shortly after that I looked in a mirror and saw that it was red." I showed him and he just nodded. So I continued. "Later that day, my father and I went to the village elders' hut. From there, they told what my dream meant in finer detail and exiled me."

"Hmm... Were you pelted with rocks? Or made to wear something shameful?"

"No. The Lead Elder is a nice old zebra. He played it off as me taking the 'Founder's Challenge'. That way the villagers saw me as brave instead of a menace. He spared me that shame and suffering."

Seth smiled. "He sounds nice. What would happen if you returned?"

"I don't know. Nothing good I'll have assume. It's better if we don't find out."

He nodded. "Probably right." He paused in thought. "I don't know what else to ask. Hmm....are you hungry?" I gave him a confused look and slowly nodded my head. "Okay then. If you have any food left in your bag, that would be good. But if not if sure we have something for you."

I went into the room I woke up in, got my bag, and checked it. Some of the berries were smashed but still good....I think. There were some plants in there as well, but they looked questionable. And even smelled a bit. I brought the bag with me, and found Seth. "This is what I have left."

He took and dumped the contents on the counter. "Ew...yeah okay...." He began looking through the pile of food(?). "This might be good, but the berries...or whatever that is, has to go."

I look at him with a raised eyebrow. "How long have I been asleep?"

He shrugged. "Two weeks."

"What!?!?"


"Are you calm now?" Seth asked with his arms crossed.

"Y-yeah, I think so."

"Good." He turned to the six mares that came rushing in a couple minutes ago. "Why don't you all introduce yourselves, while I make lunch?" They all nodded. Seth walked away grumbling about something.

The pink one bounced up. "Hi I'm Pinkie Pie!"

"My name is Rarity." Said the white one in an elegant voice.

"The names Rainbow Dash." Said the blue one. He voice is kind of raspy compared to the others.

"I-I'm Fluttershy." Said the yellow one in a sweet quiet voice.

"Ah'm Applejack." Said the orange one in a weird accent.

"And my name is Twilight Sparkle." Said the purple one.

"Z-Zeta. Nice to meet you?"

"Would be if it were under better circumstances."

"Yes. Seth told you don't remember what happened?"

"I don't."

"I see. Applejack?"

"Hes telling the truth, sugar cube."

"Hmm... We could try to-"

"I think we should leave it for now." We looked at the yellow pegasus.

"May I ask why, darling?"

"W-well Seth already questioned him. If he didn't ask, there had to be a good reason."

She looked like she was going to say something, but closed her mouth and sighed. "Okay, maybe your right."

Velvet and Ganger walked into the room a moment later. "Seth said lunch will be ready in another minute or so." Velvet said. She looked over at me and quickly looked away. She then whispered something to Ganger and they had a small conversation in whispers. This confused me but I tried not to think about it anymore.

Ganger walked up to me. "Hows it going? Feeling any better?"

I tilted my head. "What do you mean?" She bowed her head and walked over to Velvet. I looked at the others. "What just happened?" They shrugged. "O-okay."

Seth walked in. "Foods done."

We all nodded and followed him.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter. Like always let me know if the are any mistakes.