• Published 6th Jan 2013
  • 598 Views, 15 Comments

The Story of Zeta - Z-A-C



This is the story of my OC Zeta, and his adventure to Equestria after being exiled from his tribe.

  • ...
 15
 598

Chapter 12: Destruction PT. 3 (The Slaughter)

||||Velvet's View||||

I poked my head out into what looked like the main room and nearly vomited. All of the bones and draining meat hanging from the ceiling. I briefly thought about going back into the other room but there was no escaping from in there. I continued sneaking around, searching for anyzebra that might be hiding from Zeta. I noticed another room and entered it. It looked like a store room, or a pantry of some kind.

With nothing of interest in here, I turned around and was ready to exit the room, but then I heard the door open. I looked around and saw a pile of....something and hid behind it. What if its another zebra? What if its Zeta? Better question is: does it matter anymore?


||||Ganger's View||||

I turned my head and look behind me, too see if Zeta was anywhere near me. I heard something crash and laughter off in the distance. That was enough to confirm his current location. I faced front and looked at the door and reached for the knob. I hesitated and thought. What if there were zebras in there? I was as much as a target as Velvet is. My decision made, I changed into a zebra I saw earlier and entered the building.

The first thing I noticed was the smell and the meat hanging from the ceiling. It made me kinda sick but it was nothing new to me. Changelings are omnivores after all. I saw a door on the far side of the room, and cautiously made my way over to it. Once inside (if it was clear), I would drop my disguise and free Velvet. We would then escape this horror and continue on to Equestria.

I opened the door and saw the state of the cell door. "Zeta...." I whispered. "How...how did you do that?" I then noticed that the cell was empty, and after a quick search of the other ones I began to panic. She wasn't here. She wasn't bucking here... I then thought back to the dripping meat. Was I too late? Then another thought entered my head. I could feel my pupils shrink. "W-what if Zeta got to her? Oh no...What would he do to here?" I felt intense rage as tears formed and my disguise dropped. "I'll kill him! I swear to Queen Chrysalis herself, if he hurt you I-!" I was noticed something out of the corner of my eye and turned my head.


||||Velvet's View||||

From behind my hiding spot I could hear the voice of one of the guards. But then it slowly started to change into a more feminine voice a subtle buzz to it. "Wait..." I thought. "I know that voice." I slowly walked up to the corner and peeked around. It was Ganger. I walked out of the room and looked at her. She seemed to notice me and turned her head. "Ganger? I thought you were dead!" She ran over to me and gave me a big hug. I winced and she noticed. She stepped back and got a good look at me.

"I'll get him for what he did." She growled. "Don't you worry."

I cocked my head. "For what who did?"

"Zeta! Have you seen yourself!?" She nearly shouted.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "That wasn't him."

"You don't have to protect him Velvet." She said with pity in her voice. "Oh he'll pay!"

"Ganger, calm down." I looked at with concern. "He really didn't do anything thing to me. He actually saved me." I pointed toward the prison door. "Have you seen the cell?"

"Then who did?"

I looked away. "A couple of the guards did." I shook my head at the recent memories, and stared back at Ganger and put a hoof took my chin. "I actually think seeing me like this is what set him off. We need to calm him down."

"You seriously want to help him?!" She shouted. "Have you seen what he's done?!"

"N-no... I've been locked in here the whole time..." I said with worry.

She calmed down a little. "Well it's better if you don't see it then, though you probably will." She shook her head. "Anyway I think we should just find the map, leave him and go to Equestria ourselves."

"What?!" I shouted, wincing as I did so. "You want to abandon him?! Ganger, he is our friend! He needs our help!"

"Personally, I think he's-" There was a very sudden, very loud set of screams, followed by a very evil laugh and Zeta yelling something and a loud crash. "Too far gone." She looked at me. "Still want to 'help' him?"


||||Zeta/the Conqueror's View. Twenty Minutes Earlier||||

"MONSTER!!" I jumped slightly but quickly regained my composure and turned toward the voice. I saw Ganger looking for something. Was it she who yelled that? Doesn't matter. I smiled at seeing her alive and well, though she was too far away to see it. She looked at me and froze. It confused me to see her scared but I have more important things to do. I noticed she wasn't far from where I left Velvet, and pointed. As I turned to walk away I noticed her watching my every move. I shrugged it off and hoped she got the message.

The two zebra guards I left unconscious were gone. I frowned and looked for them. I noticed a zebra family watching from their house. I stomped a hoof and a pillar of spiky rocks shot out of the house from the window they were watching me from with a crash. I saw red on it and laughed. I wasn't sure how many I killed but I don't care. I looked ahead and noticed the sphere. I nearly forgot about it and it inhabitants. "I wonder if they're still alive?" I wondered out loud. I shrugged and continued looking for the guards.

||||Zeta/The Conqueror's View. Ten minutes Ago||||

I have given up on the search for those two and began with killing the rest. I decided to start with the house closest to me. It was the one from earlier. I walked up to the door and opened it. I heard hoofsteps from another room and investigated. There were a pair of foals hiding in a corner and crying. I smiled and walked over to them.

They opened their eyes and stared at me. "Hello little ones." I said. "What happened here?" They were shaking aand couldn't talk. "Come now, it's okay. Where are your parents." one of them, the oldest I think, pointed behind me. I turned and saw two bodies impaled on spiky rocks, and laughed.

"W-what's so f-f-funny?" I turned and saw the oldest standing up. "My parent are dead! And its your fault! We saw you from the window."

I frowned. "And? Do you really think I care about your retched parents?" I snapped. "Zebras aren't meant too eat meat! And here you all go and eat any travelers. You are all freaks of nature!"

"Yeah," The youngest started. "G-g-go look in a m-mirror."

"Why you insolent fool. Do you even know who you are talking too?"

"I don't care!"

"Shush brother." The older one snapped.

"No! He killed our parents!"

"Maybe I wouldn't have been so inclined to, if your tribe didn't attack my friends and I!"

"But-"

"No buts! Go be with your parents."

"You're...showing mercy?"

"Yes."

"But you killed them!" They said in unison.

"Death is not always absolute." I tapped my hoof. "Go check and tell them to get out of the village. If you have any friends, tell then too." They just looked at me like I was playing some sort of prank, but I turned and walked away. As I was exiting the house, I heard they foals crying and yelling happily that their parent were alive.

"Well, that was...something."

"Don't worry. If they're not out soon they will all be dead."

||||Zeta/The Conqueror's View. Present Time||||

I got bored of killing off the defenseless and am now standing in front of the sphere of stone. I made a opening, just big enough for me, and entered. There was nozebra here. "Guess they are smarter than I thought. Hmm...what to do now?" I looked around and saw there was a hole. "Guess they're strong too. The weak point is on the other side." I shrugged and turned around.

What I saw surprised me. "Oh, hi." There were the zebras I trapped in here and a few others. "I suppose this is the part you you kill me?" There were cheers and shouts, I chuckled. "You can try." I got into battle stance. "Who's first?" They all looked at each other for a moment. "Heh, thought you would have intimidated me huh?"

"I-I'm first!" Said one of the zebras from earlier.

"Really? You don't sound so sure."

"I'm ready!"

I smiled. "Very well, same rules as before, hoof-to-hoof only. Any of you break this rule, then all bets are off. Understood?"

"And what happens if we break it?" One from the small crowd asked.

"Do you want to find out?" They looked at each other and shook their heads. "Good. Now, lets get started."

He charged and spun around, try buck me. I dodged and punched his side with my left hoof. It was a weak hit, he barely seemed to notice it. He recover and jumped at me, which I countered by bucking him in the stomach. Sending him flying into another zebra. "I hoped you all learned something. Jump attacks leave you vulnerable." I looked at them. "Who's next?"


||||Somewhere In Equestria. A Few Days Ago.||||

I woke up gasping for air. I look around the room and rub my eyes. "Okay...still at home." I look outside and the sun was just over the horizon. I look over and see that space beside me was empty. "Must be taking care of the animals." I sat up and whistled. I heard the scampering of little paws running up the stairs, and next thing I knew I was tackled by a white furball. "Do you know where she is?" He barked and jumped down from the bed. I got out of bed, and followed him. He led me into the kitchen, where I saw a certain mare was. She glanced over at me and smiled.

"Hello sleepy head."

I smiled and hugged her "Hi sweetie."

She looked at her clock. "You're up pretty early, aren't you."

I chuckled. "Yeah I had a weird dream."

She frowned. "Again? Do you think it will be the last few?"

"I dunno." I stretched. "But it's a long way from here."

"How far?"

"Somewhere in the Zebra Dominion." I shrugged. "May be directly north from the border." I shook my head. "Not sure."

Her pupils shrank. "Not to be um mean or anything but....does it directly effect Equestria?"

"Seems pretty bad, to be honest. But I don't want to go into to details. I do want to talk to the girls though."

"Oh okay."

"Don't worry hun, it can wait til after breakfast."

"Oh good." She smiled and hugged me.


||||Zeta/The Conqueror's View. Present Time||||

"Too slow!" I said as I bucked this zebra away. I looked at the last remaining zebra and smiled.

"I-I...um...."

"You should be proud you know."

"O-of what?"

"They actually managed to hit me a few time. Pity that they had to gang up on me like that... Oh well." I shrugged and looked at the others. "It's time to end this." I closed all of the openings. "You see that red light?" I looked up. "It's also a bomb." They gasped and I smiled. "A fire bomb if I'm right. If you haven't notice it gotten a little bigger." They looked up and their pupils shrank. "I'm not sure even I'll survive... You see. I hate you and I don't like what I've become. What better way to eliminate both evils then to kill them off at the same time?"

"T-that's crazy!"

"No it's actually quite logical, bit extreme maybe but," I shrugged. "It makes sense too me at least." I stomped a hoof and the bomb disconnected and started falling. They screamed, I laughed and yelled. "Let's go out together, in a blaze a hatred! All eleven of us!" Some prayed, some bucked the wall, and other just stared.

And then it landed


||||Velvet's View||||

"I don't know why you're running towards the loud noise!! Do you really want him to see you?! Better question: Do you want to travel with him!?"

"Yes! For the last time! Somethings got into him, and we need to calm him down!"

"Ugh, fine. But don't say I didn't warn you!"

"I won't!" I ran ahead of her. I didn't see anything until after a few minutes. It was a giant crater with scorch marks. I slowed to a trot when I saw what was in the crater. "Oh...my...Celestia... What have you done Zeta."

"Velvet! Hey Velvet wait up!" I heard Ganger catch up to me. "Geez, if I said anything to make you upset I'm sorry but," She turn her head to see what I was staring at and I ran away and threw up. "Oh...my..." Was the last thing I said before I began vomiting.

Author's Note:

Yep. Gearing for the end. See any mistakes? Feel free to tell me.