• Published 11th Jan 2013
  • 574 Views, 2 Comments

Fission's Textual Tidbits - Fission



A compilation of my Thirty Minute Ponies stories ranging in genre anywhere from romance to sad (I like romance more though). Presented mostly in unedited form, with perhaps a few minor touchups.

  • ...
 2
 574

"Stuck on a Möbius Strip" - TMP Prompt #221 - Comedy, Random

Stuck on a Möbius Strip
By Fissionprime

The Prompt: I resolve to break the loop

“Oh dear, Fluttershy, I believe Pinkie Pie might actually have a point here.”

“Ya know, Rares, I think so, too. What do you think, Twi?”

“Well, it actually does make an awful lot of sense, and it explains a lot. It definitely fits the tropes, but it’s just so…outlandish.”

Fluttershy recoiled from the attention. “I don’t know, girls. It’s just whenever I try to be assertive, I always realize how much better I like it just to be Fluttershy.”

“I’m telling you, there’s a reason behind this!” exclaimed Pinkie Pie. “There’s no way this is a coincidence! Whenever anything happens to anypony else, they change from the experience. But Fluttershy, the only thing she ever learns is that she should stay the same as she was before. I’ll tell you why! Comic relief!”

Rarity chuckled to herself. As outlandish of a theory as it was, it made a sort of sense that only Pinkie Pie was capable of. The Grand Galloping Gala was still vivid in her mind after all of its…incidents, and though being covered in cake had been quite unpleasant, recalling Fluttershy’s behavior from the night created quite a humorous juxtaposition with her typical demeanor.

“Fluttershy, darling, I think perhaps Pinkie is right, you might be stuck in a rut.”

Fluttershy opened her mouth in protest, “Girls, I know you’re all great ponies, but doesn’t this just a little bit silly? I’m sorry if I offend anypony, but I don’t see why you all believe something that makes so little sense.”

“Oh, Fluttershy!” Rainbow Dash groaned, “Do you really not see what we’re saying here? You normally are quiet and shy, right?”

“Yes,” she whispered.

“So when you start pushing everypony around because Iron Will tells you to, that makes it funny because it’s different! What’s that called, Twilight? Like a justa-something.”

“Juxtaposition,” corrected Twilight proudly. “It’s a very common type of humor, actually.”

“It’s like somepody, or somebody, is out there, watching us,” added Rarity. Quickly, she realized her own statement’s full meaning, “In that case, does my mane look okay? How is my coat?”

“This is exactly what I’ve been trying to tell everypony for forever! But nopony would ever listen to me! Twilight, remember when Trixie came back and made my mouth disappear?”

“Yes, Pinkie Pie, I don’t see where you’re going with this, though.”

“Remember after she left, when we went out into that black place and you gave it back to me?”

“What? Pinkie Pie, what are you talking about? Didn’t Trixie put your mouth back on before she left? I don’t remember doing anything of the sort.”

Pinkie gave her a piercing stare, “Do you really not remember?”

Twilight smiled nervously. “Um, no, I don’t remember doing anything like that. I suppose it’s possible, but I don’t know what sort of black area you’re talking about this happening in.”

“Don’t you see? Don’t you all see? There’s somebody out there pulling the strings! That’s why Fluttershy never gets any real character development, and that’s why sometimes the only solution to our problems is Deus Ex Machina!”

The pink pony was met with nothing but blank stares.

“Oh, ponyfeathers! You’re all just going to forget this again, anyway. I’m going back to Sugarcube Corner.”

As Pinkie Pie trotted away, the other five ponies stared at each other, confused. Rainbow Dash was the one to break the silence, “Well she made sense for a while, but that got seriously kooky!”

“Should we follow her?”

“No need, sugercube, she’s just being Pinkie. She’ll be right as rain tomorrow, anyhow.”

“What were we talking about again?”

“Come to think of it, I can’t remember either.”

Author's Note:

This one is obviously a bit weird, but the prompt heavily implied recursion so pretty much all of the ideas that I had were somewhat meta, like this one. It was quite silly and fun to write though.

Comments ( 1 )

Yay, more TMP collections! :yay: I'll have to make time to read this at some point.

Login or register to comment