• Published 21st Dec 2012
  • 1,879 Views, 79 Comments

P.A.R.T. - Angels



In order to defeat animated foes, a human must take on an ultimate power.

  • ...
6
 79
 1,879

Support

Patrick spun earthwards, tumbling head over heels.

"Tom! What the hell?"

'Hm, we seem to be falling."

"No shit! Fix it!"

Patrick flipped up, getting a good look at what he had fallen from. He would have facepalmed right then.

"How?! It's not even real!" Patrick had fallen out of a flying metal behemoth. On the side was written USS VALIENT. "It's from a TV show!"

Tom chuckled. 'Yes, a flying ship in a TV show BASED on a flying ship in real life. But we can talk about that later, after I've saved you.' Plates emerged, this time extending out to form fins. 'Ok Pat, hold on!'

He began to glide forward, turning slightly to circle around. Still a couple of miles up, it took several minutes before reaching a safe distance from the ground.

"Ok, landing."

'No...more like crashing.'

* * *

Patrick was sore from his crash.

"You did that on purpose."

'No. Yes. A little.' Tom snickered.

"Very funny."

"Freeze!" Their mental banter was interrupted by a man pointing a shotgun between Patrick's eyes.

"Woah!" Patrick's hands shot straight up. "Woah, calm down!"

"Don't move! What are you?"

"I'm a per- wait, what kind of question is that?" Both Patrick and Tom were confused by the mans strange question.

"What are you? I saw you on TV, shooting lasers and stuff! And then of fell out of the sky! You're an Alien, aren't you?" Patrick rolled his eyes.

"I am in no way an alien. I have lived on this planet my entire life, and I intend to keep it safe." The man looked relieved for a moment, before raising his shotgun again.

"But what about those lasers? And the flying?"

'Its ok Patrick. The public is aware of you, as is the government. You need the support of the people.'

"I was defending humans against Discord. As for the flying, that was because I had jumped out of a plane. I have no intention of hurting you."

The man lowered the gun. "Defending? Who's Discord?"

"I was saving the city of Seattle from an inter-dimensional being of chaos." Patrick took a moment to really realize how weird and awesome that sounded.

"...I'm just gonna go with 'bullshit'." Patrick smirked.

"Yeah...I'd say that too." With that, plates began forming full body cover. The man yelped, raising his shotgun once again.

"What the hell?"

"I know, right?" The plates began dissembling again, gone in seconds. Tom chose that moment to speak up.

'You know, I could just give him an InfoDump and speed up this whole thing.'

'Im going to assume that's self--explanatory, but hang on.' Patrick looked into the young mans eyes. "Hang on...or something."

"What? Why?" The man suddenly dropped to his knees, clutching his head. "What...you...no...but...how?"

'So he knows what happened?'

'Yes, most of it.'

'That's going to be extremely useful later.' The man got to his feet.

"I...I had no idea...you saved all those people..."

Patrick nodded. "But I'm not done yet. Apparently there are two more creatures out there, and I'm guessing there're going after big city's as well."

"And you have to stop them? By yourself?"

"We'll, I have Tom in here." The man was silent for a moment. He looked back up, his face having changed drastically.

"People saw you on TV as a monster."

Patrick nodded. "True, I will have to be careful."

"I can help. I can tell people about you, and what you need to do."

Patrick thought about it. "You know...that's a good idea!"

The man smiled. "I'll get to it! And thank you for saving us." He began a light jog to the west.

"Hey! What's your name?"

"Thomas!"

"Thanks Thomas!". Patrick smiled.

'Quite the people person, aren't you?'

'Just doin my job. Now, where the hell am I?'

Author's Note:

Ok! Break times over! Back in the books! This may be a filler chapter, but its a nessacary filler. So hold on.

Comments ( 10 )

Please choose a state/city/county in between Seattle and Chicago and post. Thanks!

Maybe Las Vegas? I dunno.

I just like seeing where this story will go.

Phoenix, AZ, see that as being where Chrysalis would be, always frakking hot here

Hmmm....Arizona for sure... Outskirts of Phoenix.....hmmmmm.....:moustache:

i have a theory/statement.
basic form 1 looks like raiden from metal gear rising revengance,doesn't it?

Mojave desert. Add cazadors and deathclaws to taste. Mix well.

2762173 You cat will remember.

damn I just saw this fic and its been dead and fermenting for a while

Login or register to comment