• Published 3rd Dec 2012
  • 688 Views, 8 Comments

When Worlds Collide - Spike45



Human mane6 meets themselves as ponies in another world were a dangerous adventure awaits them. The lives of both worlds hang in the balance.

  • ...
4
 8
 688

Chapter 2

After about fifteen minutes of running Appleboom led her friends to a giant tree that was hollowed out and turned into a house. This tree was actually Sapien's local library and also the home of the Cutie Mark Crusaders friend Twilight Sparkle. Upon reaching Twilight's house, Applebloom peeked through the windows to make sure no one was home.

"Ok, the coast is clear, let's get inside." said Applebloom.

"How are we supposed to do that?, the doors locked." said Scootaloo.

"Don't worry, Ah've seen Twilight hide a spare key under her mat before."

Applebloom then moved the welcome mat at the door revealing a key. After unlocking the door the Cutie Mark Crusaders entered the library.

"Now can you tell us your plan?" Scootaloo asked impatiently.

"Yeah!" said Sweetie Belle.

"Ok, y'all member when ah told y'all bout the time I had Twilight try ta magically make mah cutie mark appear?"

"Yeah, but you said it didn't work." said Sweetie Belle.

"Well this time ah planned to use some of the heart's desire that ah saved from the whole cutie pox disaster with a spell ah found." Applebloom said while taking out flower that had pink petals that were in the shape of hearts out of her bag.

"But who's gonna cast the spell?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"Duh! You are, after all, you're the only magic user here." said Scootaloo.

"But I don't know how to cast a spell like that, plus I can hardly use magic in the first place."

"Don' worry, the heart's desire will give you the power to do whatever you desire. Just eat it and follow the spell ah found yesterday."

"Where is the spell?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"Ah left it in the other room, you get it Scootaloo while I get Sweetie Belle ready. Ah left it on the bookshelf, it's the scroll with a star on the seal."

"Ok I'll be right back." replied Scootaloo energetically.

As the Scootaloo entered the next room she noticed books and scrolls open and all over the place, some were even stacked up as high as twice the little girl's size. She even noticed a blanket and pillow tucked away in a corner.

"Wow twilight really likes to read, I guess this is what rainbow Dash meant when she said Twilight was an egghead."

As she examined the room she noticed a tall bookcase filled with scrolls containing a scroll with a star on the seal on one of the high shelves.

"There it is." Scootaloo said with enthusiasm as she ran to it.

"It's not that high, I bet I can fly up and get it."

As she thought this, wings started to grow out of Scootaloo's back, though they looked to be feathered wings they were actually made of pure light. As the wings formed a light shined from them giving it somewhat of a holy glow. When the wings reached their full length that reached as far as her elbows, Scootloo took a few steps back before running towards the bookcase, as she started flap her wings she then jumped strait up while reaching out for the scroll. She felt herself stay in placed in midair for a brief second before she felt her body start to slowly descend. Scootaloo flapped her wings harder but she still continued her one way ticket to the ground. Scootaloo then started to kick her legs in hope of pushing herself further in the air but instead of ascending higher she instead kicked the book case by accident causing all the scrolls to fall on top of her sending her back down to the ground with a thud. Scootaloo poked her head out of the top of the pile she was buried in with an annoyed look, but that Quickly changed when she noticed the scroll she was looking for in the pile.

"Got it!"

However she then began to squint her eyes at the seal on the scroll noticing something engraved within the star.

"Swirl?" she said with a quizzical look but decided it was of little importance and rejoined her friends in the other room.

"Ya found it?" asked Applebloom as she saw her friend enter the room.

"Yup, ok Sweetie Belle do your thing."said the tomboyish girl as she handed over the scroll.

"Me first, afer all it is mah idea." said Applebloom.

Sweetie Belle was unsure, even if she ate the heart's desire which according Applebloom would give her the power she needed, how could SHE pull off a spell Twilight couldn't, and in a worst case scenario what if a fiasco like the cutie pox incident happens again. Sweetie Belle then looked at her friends who were staring at her with hope and excitement, seeing this Sweetie Belle shook off all her doubt, No, if my friend believe I can do it, then I can do it, besides I'll never get my cutie mark if I'm hesitant, Sweetie Bell thought. She picked up the scroll and looked it over but paused when seeing how complicated the spell was, raising an eyebrow at how a spell to make a cutie mark appear on a person's shoulder could be so complex. But Sweetie Belle pushed that thought aside thinking that if it was so easy then no one would wait for their cutie mark to appear naturally. Sweetie Belle then walked over to Applebloom and took a deep breath, she placed her hands on her own head and closed her eyes to concentrate. She began to build up her magic and soon a bright light blue aura appeared around her forehead then transfer to her hands. As her friends stood there watching her for a minute or so in silence they noticed that Sweetie Belle began to sweat. The aura became sporadic as Sweetie Belle struggled to keep her concentration and control of the magic she was building up. She never used this amount of magic before and it was taking its toll, it was as if her head was going to explode. Sweetie Belle shut her eyes tighter trying to take back control.

"What are guys doing?" came a sudden voice as the owner of the voice touched the little girls shoulder.

Sweetie Belle surprise by this unknown presence turned her body in quick succession towards the person and yelped as she fell to the ground. However the sudden surprise caused the dam to break in her head as she lost what little control she had over her magic. The magic blasted out of her hands towards the unknown person.

"TWILIGHT!" screamed two more voices as the magic formed itself into a red portal.

The portal emitted strong electrical discharges along with a powerful wind that pulled things into the air and instantly sucked in Twilight.

"Did they just say Twil-Aahh!"

Applebloom was cut off by one of the electrical discharges that hit the floor next to her. As Twilight went though the portal she screamed in terror, the two mysterious voices screamed again "TWILIGHT!" The Cutie Mark Crusaders were behind the portal so they weren't directly being affected by it but they still felt a force puling on them that was strong enough that they had to actually try to keep themselves grounded while holding up there armed to protect themselves from the flying objects in the room. Hearing the voices scream a second time Scootaloo quickly looked towards the remaining two figures.

"I know those voices" Scootaloo thought as she focused on the two in front of the portal, as she looked at two she was filled with intense shock.

"Rainbow Dash?! Spike?!"

Scootaloo then watched helplessly as her friends Rainbow Dash and Spike got sucked up into the portal too. After the disappearance of their friends the portal became more violent, the discharges started to hit more things in the room that resulted with either vaporization or just leaving a scorch mark. The suction power became more intense causing book cases to fall to the ground, random furniture started to slide across the floor until it went flying into the portal when they got close enough, even the windows began to shatter from the intense pressure caused by the suction power of the portal. The room began to violently shake causing both Applebloom and Scootaloo to fall to ground, joining there friend Sweetie Belle. Cracks began to form on the walls and floor while parts of the ceiling started to fall from the sky. The Cutie Mark Crusaders started to panic, they could tell that it wasn't going to be long before the entire building collapsed, at this point the force pulling them became so strong that it actually started to lift them off the ground. The Cutie Mark Crusaders started to scream in horror thinking they would meet the same fate as their friends, Sweetie Belle then noticed a nearby wooden table that was rooted to the floor.

"THE TABLE!" she screamed.

"I'M ON IT, GRAB ON!" said Scootaloo as she grew her wings again.

Her friends then grabbed held of her and with the help of her wings she was able to ground them. Scootaloo then kicked off the ground with her friends towards the table but the extra weight caused her fall short by a half foot. As the Cutie Mark Crusaders felt themselves getting pulled back towards the portal Applebloom and Sweetie Belle started to scream again, while Scootaloo was trying with all her might to fly the rest of the way but was only able to get them to stop going backwards. Realizing that they stopped moving Sweetie Belle and Applebloom looked at their flying friend.

"You can do it Scootaloo" said Appleboom.

"Yeah, your almost there" said Sweetie Belle.

Scootaloo heard her friends cheering for her but she knew it was all in vain, after all she couldn't really fly yet, and now she had to support the weight of herself AND her friends. She became more tired and her wings began to flap slower causing them again to start going back towards the portal.

"No! Don't give up" said Appleboom.

There was then a sound that resembled a buzzing engine, Sweetie Belle looked back and saw a giant glowing red and white orb with more intense electrical discharges were the portal used to be.

"APPLEBLOOM LOOK" said Sweetie Belle who was starting to freak-out .

Applebloom saw the spectacle and turned back to Scootaloo.

"Scootaloo please, you can't give up." she said with tears in her eyes.

"I don't want to die." said Sweetie Belle, but despite Scootaloo's efforts they still continued to go backwards.

"Come on Scootaloo are you can't just give up, I thought you wanted to be just like Rainbow dash?" said Applebloom.

Scootaloo's eyes shot open.

"Your right Rainbow is the best flyer in all Equestria, if I can't even fly one or two feet I would only be embarrassing myself and insulting Rainbow Dash just for having such a dream. Besides if can't even come through for my friends then what's the point?"

Scootaloo then began to flap her wings harder than ever, her wings were moving so fast that they just appeared as a white shimmer, before long they soon started to move closer to the table. A smile grew on Applebloom and Sweetie Belle's face as they continued to steadily move forward.

"You can do it Scootaloo, your almost there." said Sweetie Belle as they were now inches away from the table. Scootaloo than grabbed onto the table causing her friends to cheer.

"You made it" said Sweetie Belle.

Suddenly the force pulling them increased immensely along with the shacking of the room. The Cutie Mark Crusaders looked back and saw that the orb grew bigger.

"Oh No" screamed Applebloom.

"Everyone hang on! " said Scootaloo. The orb then exploded engulfing everything in a blinding light. As the light slowly faded away the Cutie Mark Crusaders fell to the ground, the orb along with the portal was gone leaving a crater in the middle of the floor. The Cutie Mark Crusaders than picked themselves off the floor and stared at the crater. There was a long silence.

Sweetie Belle was the first to talk "What just happened?"