• ...
6
 69
 2,825

Chapter 5: Carousel Boutique

Chapter 5

Carousel Boutique

“So does another one of your friends own this place?” Sky asked as he and Twilight trotted down the road.

“Yes, her name in Rarity. She is a master with the needle and thread, she made dresses that my friends and I wore for the Grand Galloping Galla, free of charge.” Twilight said with a grin.

“That’s very generous of her. You guys must be close.”

“Oh yes we’re the best of friends. Oh look we’er here.” Twilight said as they both arrived in front of the classy boutique. As the two went in the aroma of vanilla perfume filled Sky Blazer’s nostrils.

“Wait here this will only take a minute.” Twilight said as she ascended the stair case. Sky decided to sit down on the couch trying to relax.

“HEY IT’S YOU!!” said a small voice coming from the stair case. Sky turned around to see that it was the small white unicorn that he had rescued. “I can’t believe that you’re already walking around. The doctor said you would be in the hospital for weeks.” she said as she hurried up to him.

“Hey, Sweetie Belle right?” Sky said with a small grin.

“Yeah, what’s your name mister?”

“I’m Sky Blazer, but you can call me Sky.” He said with a smile on his face. “How are you? Did you get injured?”

“Only a scrape or two, Applebloom and I got nothing compared to you and Scootaloo. I’m really glad you’re okay.” she said with a big smile on her face.

“Same to you.” Sky said returning the smile.

“Sweetie Belle! What have I told you about pestering the customers?” said a very classy voice coming from the stairs. Sky turned and saw Twilight was walking with a white unicorn with a flowing purple mane.

“Sorry sis. But this is the stallion that saved me, Scootaloo, Applebloom and Rainbow Dash from the manticore.” she said as she shrunk back.

Rarities gaze shifted from Sweetie Belle to Sky Blazer.

“You’re the stallion that saved my little sister and her friends?” she asked in a surprised tone.

“Yes, why?” Sky said while raising an eyebrow.

Rarity then walked over and wrapped her front hooves over Sky’s neck and brought him into a hug and soon began to cry.

“Th- Thank you so- so much for bringing my s-sweetie back to me safely.” Rarity said trying to fight through the sobs.

“It was no trouble Ms. Rarity, I just did what any-pony else would do in a situation like that.” he said as he broke the hug between him and the sobbing mare.

“No darling, you have my undying gratitude. I simply must repay you some how, and please call me Rarity” the white unicorn said as she regained her composure.

“You don’t have to do that Rarity.”

“Oh yes I do! I insist, how about I fix up that raggedy old coat for you?” she said as she pointed to Sky’s black cloak.

“Um, I guess this thing has a few holes that need patching. But I don’t want to trouble you.” Sky said as he looked over his cloak.

“Oh it’s no trouble darling, let me see it and I’ll fix it right up for you.”

“Okay, if you insist.” Sky said as he removed the cloak and handed it to the white unicorn. As he removed his cloak the three ponies now saw the massive scar on his chest. At this sight Sweetie Belle started to tear up while Rarity and Twilight tried to avert their eyes from the scar. Sky’s attention turned to Sweetie Belle who had started to sob in the corner.

“Hey Sweetie Belle, Look at me.” Sky said as he put a hoof on Sweetie Belle’s shoulder. “This was not your fault, manticore’s are known for attacking ponies and trust me I’ve been through way worse things than this.” Sky said as he pointed to the scar on his chest.

“But-but why di-did you save us anyway?” Sweetie Belle said as she fought through the sobs.

“Because the pain I felt as the manticore attacked me, would be nothing compared to the pain I would feel if you or the others got hurt.” he said as he brought her into a hug.

“I-I’m sorry.” she said as she returned the hug.

“Apology accepted. Now lets let your sister get to work okay?”

“Okay, Rarity I’m gonna go see Applebloom.”

“That’s fine Sweetie just be back by dinner time and be careful! We can’t count on such a handsome stallion to come and rescue you every time you get in trouble.” she said as Sweetie Belle bolted out the door.

Handsome? Where did that come from?

Sky then turned his attention back to Twilight and Rarity who now had a slight blush on her face.

“So..I will get started on this right away.”

“Alright, Twilight you don’t have to hang around, I’ll be fine here.”

“I actually have to go back and check on Spike.” Twilight said as she put a hoof over her face. “Gotta make sure he didn’t burn down the library. I’ll see you around Sky.” Twilight said as she trotted out of the boutique.

“Who’s spike?” Sky asked.

“Oh Spike is Twilight assistant at the library. Now darling if you would follow me, we have much to do.” Rarity said as she walked back up the stair case. Sky followed her up to her work room. The room was decorated and organized down to the last detail. There were mannequins around her room with unfinished projects draped over them.

“So, you make all the dresses your self?” Sky said as he tried to strike up a conversation.

“Why yes dear, I make them all from scratch. Have you done any sewing in your days?” Rarity asked as she put the cloak on an unused mannequin.

“I’ve dabbled a bit in the art of the thread. Mostly to fix patches on clothing.” Sky said as he scratched the back of his mane.

“Really? It’s so rare to find a pony that can sew without magic.” she said as she began to examine the coat. “Tell me dear, where did you get this jacket?”

Sky bit his lower lip at the question. “It was a gift from my dad.”

“Oh he must be a very generous stallion, I would love to meet him one day.”

“Yeah, he was.”

Rarity then looked back at Sky with a puzzled look.

“What do you mean darling?”

“What?”

“You just said a second ago ‘Yeah he was.” What did you mean by that?”

“Great, I said that out loud. I guess you should know, my parents died and the jacket was the one thing my dad left me.” He said as he let out a sigh. Rarity then put a hoof to her mouth is shock.

“Oh darling I’m so sorry, I shouldn’t have been so nosy.”

“It’s alright Rarity you didn’t know.” He said with a grin.

“So this jacket has extreme sentimental value to you. I will do my very best to repair it.” Rarity said as she turned back to the jacket.

“Take your time Rarity I’m in no rush.” Sky said as his stomach growled loudly. “Heh-heh, sorry, my lunch got interrupted by a hyperactive pink mare.”

“Pinkie Pie?”

“Yup, she tried to tackle hug Twilight, but I got in the way.”

“She didn’t hurt you did she?”

“No, I managed to detect her before she could tackle Twilight.” he said with a reassuring grin.

“You managed to detect Pinkie while she was sneaking up on you? Thats impressive.” Rarity said with a surprised voice.

“Why’s that?”

“Pinkie is notorious for sneaking up on ponies when they least expect it. The fact that you managed to evade her is a feat that deserved praise.” Rarity said as she gave Sky a grin. Rarity then brought her attention back to the coat, as she began to work she noticed that the breast pocket was glowing.

“Um Sky, did you leave something in your jacket pocket?”

“Oh right my crystal!” he said as he trotted over and took the necklace from the pocket. “Thanks Rarity I totally forgot I had this in there.” Rarities eyes shifted to the blue crystal It’s glow seemed to fade.

“What kind of crystal is that?” Rarity asked as she eyed the necklace.

“I don’t really know. I never took the time to find out.” he said as he put on the necklace.

“Well this jacket will take some time to mend, how about I give it back to you later tonight?” Rarity said as she put on a pair of glasses.

“Perfect idea, right now I need to get some food I’m starving!” he said as his stomach growled a second time.

“Try Sweet Apple Acre’s. My friend Applejack owns it, I’m sure she will be happy to accommodate you.”

“Thanks Rarity, I’ll see you tonight.” Sky said as he trotted out the door. Once Rarity heard the door close she started thinking about that crystal, She managed to push the though out of her head and began working Sky’s jacket.

*Authors note: I am not sure If I'm gonna do an intro like this for all the mane six, but I will try.
~Silent.