• ...
6
 69
 2,824

Chapter 1: Arrival

The Seventh Element.

Chapter 1. Arrival.

A young pegasus stallion trotted his way through an unknown forest hoping for a way out. He had been lost for days forced to scrounge for food and shelter. As he stumbled through the never ending woods, he tripped on a tree root which sent him and the contents of his saddle bags flying out. As he got up and began re-packing his supplies he yelled out in frustration.

“Gah! Why dear goddess, WHY did I listen to that stupid show unicorn’s directions? What was her name...Lexi? Minxy? Trixie? Whatever...Next time I see her she is SO GONNA GET IT!!” he said as he finished putting the items in his bag. The stallion didn’t have much, he had maybe seventy five bits, two apples, a map,a pocket knife, a necklace with a deep blue crystal in the center and a jet black cloak he always wore. The cloak had been his fathers, the necklace was his mothers’ they were the only two things he had left of them. As he got to his hooves he called out loud. “There I go again, talking to myself. How many times now today four? Five? Damn it, Not again!” he said as he face hoofed at his stupid habit. He continued down the path for what seemed like hours, until it looked about five o’clock.

He decided to make camp for the night in a nearby cave. As he went inside and made sure nothing else was inside. He set his saddle bags down and made himself comfortable. He removed his dark cloak to reveal that his right wing was in bandages. He had sprained it the day before trying to fit through a tight crack in a boulder. He then looked at the contents of his saddle bags, he withdrew the map and laid it on a nearby flat rock. He stared at the map for what seemed like hours, he finally gave up and started to look over his food.

“Hmm. So If I have half an apple tonight then I can go for around one, maybe two more days.” he glanced at the cave entrance noticing that it was still light outside. “Might as well try and make a fire while there’s still daylight.” he said as he rose to his hooves as and exited the cave. He decided to leave his gear there so he didn’t loose track of it. He stepped out into the sun, the light hit his light blue coat and made the red streak in his navy blue mane and tail stand out. His dark brown eyes winced at the change in the light. His eyes quickly adjusted themselves and he began to collect fire wood.

After an hour of collecting wood he decided to turn back to his cave with wood for the fire. As soon as he got back the sky had turned dark and the ground quickly became wet with rain drops. He managed to get the fire started by using his steel knife and a piece of flint he had with him. “What I’d give to be a unicorn right now.” he said in frustration. After ten or so tries he finally got a spark and ignited the fire. The stallion spent the next two hours tending and feeding the fire. After he ate half of one of his apples he laid down to rest, using his bags as a pillow and his fathers coat as a blanket. In the darkness and dampness of the cave he finally fell asleep.

A sudden nudge awoke him from his slumber. “What the..?” he said aloud as he looked around and saw the face of a pegasus . “Who are you?” the stallion asked the stranger. He could clearly see that it was morning, and that the fire had gone out. He could hear the birds chirping and the bugs buzzing. His attention then turned back to his “guest” he saw that she was cyan colored and had a flowing rainbow mane and tail. Her eyes were a deep maroon, and her cutie mark was a white cloud with a rainbow lightning bolt.

“Names Rainbow Dash. Best flyer in Equestria.” she said with a cocky voice.

“Well then Miss Dash, why are you in my cave?”

“Dude, call me Rainbow and I spent the night here.” she said with a sheepish grin.

Did I just she her blush?

“What do you mean you stayed the night?”

“I’m on the weather patrol and I got lost in the storm last night, It was too dangerous to fly back to Ponyville so I looked for a place to crash. I saw your campfire and came here, I was gonna ask you if I could stay but you were already asleep and I didn’t want you to get mad at me and kick me out.” she said as she scratched the back of her mane with her front left hoof in embarrassment.

“Okay, make sense. But she still could’ve asked before barging into my campsite.”

‘Ummm. Dude, I’m right here, who’re you talking too?” Rainbow asked as she raised an eyebrow.

“Sorry, I talk to myself sometimes it just slips out every once in a while.” he said with an embarrassing look on his face.

“Okay then....well I’m gonna go and head back.” she said as she began to walk out of the cave.

“Wait! You mentioned a town, is it close?” the stallion asked with hope in his voice.

“Yeah Ponyville, It’s like two miles east.” Rainbow said as pointed with her right hoof.

“Thanks Rainbow.” he said as he finished packing his things and swung on his fathers coat.

“Okay, see ya round” she said as she zoomed in the direction she was pointing at leaving a cloud of dust where she just stood.

“Damn she’s fast.” he said as his jaw dropped to the ground. He wasn’t even out of the cave when he saw a familiar cyan pegasus appear back in front of him.

“Hey, before I forget what’s your name?” she asked sounding a little nervous.

“My name is-”

“RAINBOW DASH HELP!!!” the two pegasi turned their heads toward two small fillies rocketing towards them with alarming speed. One was a yellow earth pony with a red mane and a red bow in her hair, the other was a white unicorn with a light purple colored mane. The unicorn was carrying what looked like an injured orange pegasus on her back.