• Published 22nd Nov 2012
  • 2,330 Views, 30 Comments

Life in the Real World - RainbowDash FTW 117



Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy get transported to Earth when a spell goes wrong!

  • ...
15
 30
 2,330

Chapter 4 : Another Failure

Welp, I hope you were looking forward to this chapter cos I wasn't xD Just kidding. If you guys want me to do some more scenes in Equestria say so in the comments. So, having said that...Enjoy!

4 Hours later

Kyle sat in his room staring at the computer screen, with a look of confusion on his face. On the screen was a Wikipedia page on My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic.

"They must have been playing a trick on me! And I actually believed them! But how did they get clothes and those bags?" He grunted in frustration. "Guess I better get ready for school..." Kyle said as he got up, grabbed a towel and some clothes and headed for the bathroom.

Somewhere in Adelaide : 4 Hours earlier

A bright flash filled the park for a few seconds before fading away, leaving 4 girls standing in a small circle. One of them had purple and violet hair with pink stripes, the other had light pink hair, another, rainbow hair and the fourth had hot pink hair.

"Where are we?! Oh no it didn't work!" Twilight exclaimed as she examined her surroundings.

"I don't know, but it isn't cupcake land...again!" Pinkie pouted.

"Well we must still be on... Earth, right? So we can just find Kyle again." Twilight explained as she got ready to cast a teleportation spell.

"Hey wait! I think we should just walk back to Kyle's house. We might just end up in Cupcake land if you try again!!" Rainbow said trying not to laugh.

"Cupcake land? Okay Twilight, time to use your magic!! I can't wait to eat all those cupcakes!!" Pinkie said excitedly.

Twilight sighed. "Okay, let's go everpony." She said, walking through the park towards the street, followed by her 3 friends.

Kyle's house 4 hours later :

"Kyle, I just got you to prestige 8!" Markus called out.

"Dude, do you HAVE to go on my Xbox every morning?" Kyle replied as he walked into the room, towel on his head.

"Yeah, I don't get the internet in my room, remember?" Markus said.

"Oh yeah, sucker."

"Shut up, dick."

"Kyle, Markus, time for breakfast!" Tracey called.

Markus quickly turned off the Xbox and ran downstairs after Kyle, trying to beat him to the food but before they reached the kitchen there was a light knock on the door.

"Who could that be? It's 7 AM!" Kyle said as he walked over to the door and opened it, being greeted by the postman.

"I've got a package for...Kyle McLachlan here!" The postman said

"Yeah that's me." Kyle replied reaching for the package in the postman's hand.

"Okay, just need you to sign this for me....there we go. Have a nice day!" The postman said

"Yeah you too." Kyle said, closing the door." Wonder what it is...And who sent it?" He wondered out loud.

"Hey Kyle, are you gonna eat your pancakes?" Markus called from the kitchen

"Don't you dare touch them or I'll kill you!" Kyle said before quickly running to the kitchen, dropping the package on the couch.

Kyle sat down and hungrily eyed his pancakes, but before he could take a bite his mum spoke up.

"Where are your friends?" She asked him.

"They left. Um, last night." He lied before stuffing his mouth with pancakes.

"Oh, that's weird. Why would they leave last night? They could have walked to school with you." She said.

He quickly swallowed and continued. "Well their parents wanted them back home so they had to leave. Which reminds me I have to meet my friends before school because we have to......work on a project so I gotta go!" He said before stuffing his mouth full of pancakes, picking up his bag and running out the door.

"He's acting strange today isn't he?" Tracey said to Markus.

"Yeah he is isn't he?" He said rhetorically. And I think I know why. What was her name? Twilight. I should do some research...

"They can't be from that TV show it's impossible! Or a massive coincidence...No what am I saying there's no way that 4 girls from a TV show could show up on my doorstep!" Kyle said to no-one in particular.

2 blocks from Kyle's School

Twilight, Pinkie, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were walking down the street in school clothes and with bags on their backs.

"Are you sure this is the right way? I think we're gonna be late!" Ranbow said

"Of course this is the right way!" Twilight replied. "Just a little longer.

"You said that 2 hours ago! My feet are starting to hurt, and I'm hungry! And I have to go the the bathroom!" Pinkie complained.

"I believe you, Twilight. This street looks familiar." Fluttershy said.

"Exactly." Twilight said.

They turned around a corner and saw the school.

"Yes!! We made it. And there's Kyle!!" Rainbow Dash said excitedly as she pointed at a boy walking across the street to the school.

"KYLE!!! HEY KYLE!" Rainbow Dash yelled as she ran towards him, waving to get his attention.

"Huh? Rainbow Dash?" He wondered. "Holy shit it is them!" He said out loud jogging towards them.

Rainbow Dash saw him start jogging towards him and broke out into a full sprint, embracing him when she reached him, letting go when her friends caught up to her.

"Woah, I didn't know you were so excited to see me, Rainbow! Heheh." He said nervously. "I'm guessing you attempted to go back to Equestria then." He said

"Yes. How did you know?" Twilight asked

"Well it IS kinda obvious. Your magic woke up almost everyone in the neighborhood with that spell!" He exclaimed.

"Oh...sorry about that. It was Rainbow's idea." Twilight said.

"Hey! I was just trying to get us back home!" Rainbow Dash said, defensively.

"Yeah, I'm guessing Spike's worried, Twilight." Kyle said

"Exactly! Wait how did you know about him? He wasn't in the stories Pinkie told you!" Rainbow Dash said.

"Well...I'll tell you later. For know we need to get to school." Kyle said

"Oh yes, we have a test due today, remember girls?" Twilight said, making them all groan. "Oh come on it isn't that bad!"

"Yeah, it is!" Kyle said, walking up the stairs to the school. "I didn't even study for it!" He said, making Twilight glare at him.

"Well I studied last night, you should have joined me instead of playing.....Video Games? Is that what you call them?" Twilight scolded.

"Yeah, I'll still do good on the test though" Kyle said, just before the bell rang and they headed inside.

====================================================================

Markus sat in his room with his laptop, staring at the screen in complete disbelief.

"So Kyle's friends were telling the truth after all..." He thought out loud.

====================================================================

"Okay class, here's the test I told you about yesterday. You have 30 minutes to finish. If you finish within those 30 minutes there is an extra test for you to complete. Your time starts now!" The maths teacher said.

"Oh yes! I knew we would do a test on Algebra! I was completely prepared for this!" Twilight said with excitement as she picked up her pen and started solving the maths problems within seconds.

"Is Twilight always this enthusiastic about tests?" Kyle asked Rainbow Dash.

"If you think this is enthusiastic you should see her with to-do lists!" Rainbow said with a giggle.

"Yeah, she makes to-do lists on preparing to make a to-do list for her to-do list! Like this one time she was too busy making to-do lists she had no time to write a letter to Princess Celeti-" Pinkie Pie was cut off by the the teacher glaring at her. "Sorry."

Rainbow Dash and Kyle laughed.

====================================================================

The lunch bell rang and all the students pushed past each other to get down the stairs. Kyle walked with his friends talking about the lessons and saw Pinkie Pie hiding in the bushes with Night Vision Goggles. He made sure no-one was looking and walked towards her.

"What are you doing?" He questioned, making her jump in the air.

"Aaaah! Oh it's you Kyle. I was just spying on those students over there. They look suspicious!" Pinkie replied before taking her Night Vision Goggles off.

He looked at the group of students talking and laughing.

"Uhhh. They're just talking, nothing suspicious at all." He said, knowing she would try and investigate sooner or later no matter what he said. "Anyway, where's Twilight, Rainbow and Fluttershy?"

"Oh, they're making new friends!" Pinkie said excitedly.

This confused Kyle. "Wouldn't you be the one looking to get the most friends as possible?"

"I've tried but they just keep looking at my chest! Nothing I say seems to work! So I'm spying on them to gather information to become their best friends!!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"Oookay. Well, don't let them catch you spying on them." Kyle said before turning around and walking back towards his friends.

====================================================================

Kyle, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Pinky Pie were walking home when all of a sudden a rolled-up scroll appeared in front of them in burst of fire. Making them all jump back in surprise. The scroll had a golden seal with the letter C on it.

"A letter from Princess Celestia!" Twilight exclaimed.

"What? How?!" Rainbow asked, practically jumping for joy.

"I don't know. She must know we're here." Twilight said before opening the letter.

"Ohmygoshthat'samazingwecanfinallygohomeandIcanseeGummyandSpikeandallmyponyfriendsandtellthemstoriesaboutthisplaceandabouthowmanyfriendsImadeandaboutKyleand-" Pinkie exclaimed excitedly until her mouth was covered by Rainbow's hand.

"We get it, Pinkie Pie." She said

"Oh my, I can't wait to see all my animal friends again." Fluttershy said excitedly.

"Well...What are you waiting for? Read it!" Kyle said.

"All right... Ahem. Dear Twilight Sparkle. It has come to my attention that when you tried a new teleportation spell you were transported to another dimension. It has been 2 days since you tried that spell, leading me to believe you are trapped. I will try to bring you back unless you would like to stay. Write your reply on the piece of paper that will be sent to you within 10 seconds of you reading this letter, and light it on fire."

"Well, I have a lighter and pens at home so, we should probably hurry." Kyle said motioning them to follow him as he began to walk towards his house.

That's when the second piece of paper appeared in front of them, along with a quill and a pot of ink, landing directly in front of Twilight.

"But... What if it can't just be a normal flame? What if it's only a certain flame? We have to be certain!" Said Twilight

"She's right, we have to be sure!" Rainbow agreed.

"Well... Um, what if it's the ink that the Princess sent with the paper?" Fluttershy suggested.

"Yeah, Princess Celestia must know that we have ways to write letters here, and sent that ink so that when you burn it it gets sent to Equestria. Cos we don't have magical teleportation fire from baby dragons here." Kyle said

"I guess you're right. Come on girls" Twilight, motioned for them to follow Kyle and her.

When they arrived at Kyle's house his mother was waiting inside for them.

"They had to go home did they?" She said

"Well...Um... Well you see. They talked to their parents and they can stay for a couple more nights! Right girls?" Kyle said as he nudged Twilight.

"Yeah, We had to um... Leave because our parents didn't know we had come over." Twilight said.

"Uhh. Yeah they were worried so they told us to leave." Rainbow said nervously..

"All right. But only a few more nights" She stated.

"Thanks, mum!" Kyle said before they all ran up the stairs.

"All right girls. Do you wanna stay or do you wanna leave?" Kyle said.

"Well... We should sleep on i-" She was cut off by Markus calling Kyle's name.

"Uhh. You talk about it while I go find out what's happening." Kyle told them as he walked out of his room.

I hope they stay... Or at least Fluttershy. Wait I have a crush on Fluttershy.... A fucking pegasus! But she's so cute and nice...

"what's up?" Kyle asked.

"Oh you know... I just wanted to show you something. Come over here." Markus replied

Kyle walked across the room, sat down next to Markus and looked at the screen. It was a Youtube page.

"What's this?" Kyle asked his brother.

"It's a Youtube page. Of a TV series called My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic. Apparently, your girlfriends were telling the truth." Markus stated.

"I told you!" Kyle said.

"So you've been fucking a bunch of ponies! Ahahah!" Markus laughed.

"Dude, I haven't even gone close to...fucking them." Kyle said, the last part in a whisper.

"Well, just watch this." Markus said as he played the video.

The video was the first episode of Season 1.

====================================================================

"Well... They definitely have the same personalities and voices that's for sure." Kyle said.

"And hair." Markus continued.

"Yeah, definitely the hair! It's like crazy hair day!" Kyle said. "Well if that's all you wanted to show me I'll be leaving."

"Uhh. How'd they get here?" Markus asked him before he reached the door,

"I...uhh, Twilight was trying out a new spell." Kyle said as he walked out the door.

As Kyle walked back into his room he saw the 4 girls sitting on his bed, waiting for him.

"Uhh. Hi." He said

"Hi!" They said in unison.

"We thought about it and we want to ask you what you think we should do." Twilight said.

"What do you mean?" Asked Kyle.

"Well. We would like to know if you want to come back to Equestria with us... Um. If that's okay with you." Fluttershy said.

"Well I have wondered what it would be like there..." Kyle said.

Oh man, I really want to. But what if they think I'm some sort of monster that kidnapped them? And what about my family?

The 4 girls stared intently at him, waiting for his answer.

"I guess so. But what should I say to my mum? Oh I know! Hey mum, I thought I'd let you know that I'm going to a magical land filled with talking ponies!" Kyle said sarcastically.

"Well you don't have to come with us if you don't want to." Twilight said.

"But I do want to go with you! Hmmmmmm. Could you make a clone of me?" Kyle asked.

"A- A clone?! That's the highest level of Unicorn magic! Not even Princess Celestia can perform that type of spell!" Twilght exclaimed.

"I think I have an idea!" Kyle said.

"What is it?" They all asked in unison.

I hope this works He thought.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN?! WHAT IS KYLE'S IDEA? WHY AM I YELLING? FIND OUT NEXT CHAPTER! OF LIFE IN THE REAL WORLD!!

Author's Note:

Well that's that. I love leaving Cliffhangers! :D Also. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYPONY! Or HAPPY HANNUKAH! or HAPPY EID! or HAPPY YULE or HAPPY KWANZAA! And to everyone HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!! (In about 6 days) :D Also sorry my next chapter isn't up yet... I kinda forgot what the idea Kyle had was... I'll get it eventually...