• Published 17th Nov 2012
  • 864 Views, 7 Comments

Byron In Equestria - Charming_Cresent



The story of my non-pony OC going to Equestria to invent the PC there

  • ...
34
 7
 864

Princess Luna's Computer

It has been a few weeks since I gave the computer Celestia. She also told me that her sister tends to play games on Equestria's equivalent of Earth's game consoles. Nieghtendo is Nintendo, PonySoft Is Microsoft, and PONY is SONY. You'd think the equestrian equivalent to MS there would be computers. Priorities.

Anyway, she asked me to build a computer for Princess Luna. Gaming, of course. So I ventured back home, with a little company. Twilight insisted on coming with me to protect me in the Everfree, and See my workshop. The Everfree I could understand, but my workshop? Knowing her, instead of focusing on building, she'd be cleaning. She wanted to see it anyway, so I showed her the workshop. Needless to say, she wanted me to clean it. I told her it was this messy because i normally have many orders to fill in my off time and don't have time to clean up the shop. I was surprised when she offered to clean my workshop, and seeing as she was here anyway, I gave her permission, after grabbing all my best gaming PC parts, as well as the smallest case i could fit it in.

I spray painted the case in a midnight blue colour with black specks every so often. I fitted it with an ASUS motherboard, Intel i7 3.6GHz quad-core CPU, 32GB SSD, 2TB HDD and 32GB RAM. I installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit as well as XBOX360 Controller for Windows Drivers. After that was done, I customized the OS to be as close to the requests both Celestia and Luna gave me. When it was done it was nearly 6:00pm. Twilight was done long before me and went upstairs to watch some Netflix or something. I called Twilight back down to get her to review the system.

"Wow Byron!" She exclaimed, "This looks wonderful! Princess Luna will love it!"

"I sure hope so. That paint and primer took forever to dry," He replied.

Before we left I pulled out that vegetarian meatloaf that Fluttershy and I had when we first met. Her statement was exactly the same as Fluttershy's. Still tastes better than what it looks like. After dinner we went on our way back to Ponyville. I grabbed a can of coke before left though. We venture back through the ravine to the log and crawl through it. The Everfree Forest changes everyday. Still makes me think of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon.

We make our way back to Ponyville and see both princesses waiting for us in the library.

"Oh, hello Princess," Byron greets

"Hello, Byron," she replies, "Do you have the computer?"

"Yes I do!" I pulled it out of my bag, and both Princesses gasped in awe of the machine. Not for the specs, but for the design. I didn't design it that well, did I? After they get out of theier state of awe, they ask me to boot it up. Using the same screen from Celestia's computer, I booted it up. They hardly got the chance to see the boot screen. Upon boot it shows a Princess Luna start button, midnight blue areo, and custom wallpaper. I took it has she likes it.

"Wow. This is a stunning machine," Said Princess Luna

"Just wait, it get's better." I reply. I proceed to take out a wired XBOX 360 controller and hook it up to the front USB port. I lanuch a game compatible with it and demo it. I then ask if Princess Luna has a spare controller for the equestrian equivalent. It doesn't surprise it that its wireless, but was, was that it had the same port for the charge plug on a 360 controller. I pull out a USB cable for XBOX 360 controllers and see if it works. When the player two light came on I knew it worked. Sweet. I don't have to disassemble anything.

"Here you go Princess," I say, "A custom PC, just for you"

"How much do we owe you?" Princess Luna asks

"Normally, if this were my world, it would be 700 dollars for the customer. But for you it's free."

"No, we insist on paying you. The conversion to your money from ours is 200 bits to 700 dollars"

"I can't accept this. Even if it was a commission"

"Uh, Byron, I suggest to take the payment" Twilight says, Pointing to a now glowing Princess Luna. "It's insulting to not accept payment from royalty."

"Oh. Well then, I guess I'll accept the payment. Pleasure doing business with you Princess Luna."

Princess Luna then levitates over a bit bag with 200 coins in it, plus a ten bit tip. She leaves with a skip in her step. I wonder why? I would probably say the 'beauty' of the case.

I take out a coin, and to my surprise, they are pure gold. My jaw drops in awe. No wonder the count was so low! Doing the math by dividing 200 by 700, 1 dollar is 0.29 bits! Adding in the 10 bit tip, I just made $735 dollars! Holy crap! I have never made such an expensive PC! Even Celestia's computer only cost $500! I didn't even charge her for it!

"Equestria to Byron, Equestria to Byron" Says Twilight, snapping me back to reality.

"Oh, Sorry Twilight." I replied. " I tend to do that a lot" I stood up only to have my vision blur for a second. I hate it when that happens.

"It's alright."

"I want to thank you for cleaning my workshop earlier. I probably would have never gotten around to it"

"It was no problem Byron."

"I'm gonna head back home for a while."

"Ooh no mister. It is too dark in the Everfree now. you're gonna have to stay here for the night!"

I glance out the window, then to my phone. It reports 9:00pm. Hmm, it is too late to be in the Everfree. Guess I'll crash on the couch again. All of a sudden the Windows XP startup sound starts playing.

"Hm?" Says Twilight, looking at with a questioning look.

"It was my phone." I look at my phone's screen "CELL SERVICE?! WHAT?!" I guess my yelling caught Twilight off guard because she fell over

"Can you not yell please?"

"Sorry Twi. My phone just caught me off guard by telling me I have Cell Phone Service."

"What phone service?" This is going to be a long night...

Author's Note:

And there's Chapter 5! I left Byron as a human in this chapter so he could demo the controller setup. In the next chapter I'll reveal how he has Cell service