• Published 17th Nov 2012
  • 863 Views, 7 Comments

Byron In Equestria - Charming_Cresent



The story of my non-pony OC going to Equestria to invent the PC there

  • ...
34
 7
 863

Stroll around Ponyville

So, everything looks like a cartoon. The trees, the sky, and the animals. But then again, what do I expect from a world filled with cartoon ponies? Anyway, we begin our walk to Fluttershy's cottage and I notice something peculiar. A blue flower.

"Hey Fluttershy. What's that?" I ask, pointing at said flower,

"That's Poison Joke," She replies, "It's like Poison Oak, but instead of making you itchy, it plays a prank on you."

"Oh. Best I stay away from it then." After saying that I whip out my phone and take a picture of it. We continue our walk to her cottage and before long we are at the edge of Ponyville. By this time, I was wondering on how they'd react to me. I hoped Fluttershy had a plan, which she did. She told me to walk behind the brush at the edge of the forest. It was a few inches taller than me, so thank God for that. After a while we arrive at her cottage, which in turn trigger my allergies. Mostly to cats. I quickly pop an anti-histamine and continue on. We walk in the door and her rabbit was waiting at the door.

"Sorry Angel-bunny. It was raining horribly out. So I stayed this man's house," She explains, pointing at me. The bunny shoots me a glance that says, "If you hurt her, I will end you." Like I'm scared of a rabbit.

"FLUTTERSHY! WHERE ARE YOU FLUTTERSHY?!" Yells a group of ponies from outside. I assume that this is the rest of the main cast. Out of instinct, I hide, hoping they won't see me when they walk inside.

"Come on, Byron!" I quietly say to myself. Screw it, behind the couch it is! As I finish hiding, the rest of the Mane 6 enter.

"Fluttershy, where have you been?" Asks the purple one. I think her name is Twilight Sparkle

"Out getting food for the animals," Fluttershy replies.

"It shouldn't have taken a day!" Says the blue one. I believe her name is Rainbow Dash.

"Well it was raining on the other side of the border," she replies

"Well that shouldn't have stopped ya!" Exclaims the orange one. AppleJack? Probably.

"I was farther away from the border this time," she explains, "So I took shelter under some trees."

"Fluttershy, stop lyin' sugarcube," Says Applejack. To save Fluttershy from having to speak again, I stand up from behind the couch.

"OH MY CELESTIA! WHAT IS THAT!?" exclaims Twilight.

"I'm a Human. My name's Byron," I explain, offering my hand for a hand-to-hoofshake. I then suddenly blackout. Half an hour later I wake up in a, Library? The hell? "What happened?" I groan. I try moving my hands. Not much to my surprise, I can't move them. "Could someone untie me please?!" I exclaim. A few seconds later, I see a purple aura appear around the door handle and it then opens. The Mane 6 minus Fluttershy enter the room. I'm guessing the purple aura came from Twilight.

"Sorry for knocking you out and tying you up like this," Twilight apologizes, "We thought you were hostile." I'm then untied and can rub my head.

"Not a problem. I expected that from a species that has never seen a human before," I explain. "By the way, Where's my bag and phone?" I wouldn't get much use from the phone, but the bag had my laptop in it which has work files on it.

"You mean these?" Twilight asks.

"Yeah those." Twilight floats my equipment to me. "Thanks." I proceed to boot up the laptop to make sure it still works. The Start-up sound came on and then loaded the OS. "Okay, good, it still works," I say with a sigh of relief.

"Um, what is that?" Twilight asks

"This is a portable computer. I use it to work or to play"

"How does it work?" Rainbow Dash asks. I pull a Pentalobe screwdriver out of my bag and take off the bottom cover of my computer.

"It works by using these parts to display an image on this screen," I say and open the lid to the computer, "Everything that is stored on the computer are on the storage device known as a Hard Drive or a Solid State Drive. When I'm running a program, It's loaded into the Random Access Memory or RAM for short. It is then cleared when the program is stopped." I put the bottom cover back on the computer and screw the screws back in.

"Then what are the holes on the side for?" Asks Applejack

"They are used for different purposes." I explain, "The three rectangles with thinner smaller rectangles in them are Universal Serial Bus or, USB for short, power and use devices as storage unless they are wireless, such as a wireless pointing device or keyboard, which is powered by batteries. The next ports are Audio in and out. Used for listening to music, making vocals for music, or voicing over a video. The Square port is for an Internet connection by a cable, and the last port is used to charge the battery on the computer" By the looks on their faces, they are completely baffled.

"SPIKE!" Exclaims Twilight. A purple dragon bursts into the room. I guess that's Spike.

"Yes, Twilight?" He asks

"Write a letter to Princess Celestia." She says

"On It!" Spike replies

"Dear Princess Celestia," Twilight dictates, "We are requesting to come to come to castle ASAP. We have someponyone we want you to meet. Your Faithful Student, Twilight Sparkle" Spike sends it off with a burst of magic fire. Within seconds we recieve a letter back from Celestia.

"My dearest Twilight Sparkle," Spike reads, "Please come to the castle at once with your guest. I will send a Chariot. Princess Celestia"

"Before the chariot arrives, could I have something to eat?" I ask

"Sure. Will a sandwich do?" Asks Spike

"A sandwich will do fine," I reply. Not even one minute later, he comes out of the kitchen with a raspberry jam sandwich. "Thanks!" I say

"No problem!" Says Spike. When I finish my sandwich, the chariot arrives. As if almost on cue. Weird. Everybody except Spike get on the chariot. Twilight instructs the chariot ponies to go to Fluttershy's cottage. We pick up Fluttershy and proceed to where ever the hell we're going. Ten minutes later we arrive at a castle in the most busiest place in all of Equestria.

"This buildng is huge! Probably bigger than the Twin Towers!" I exclaim. I whip out my phone and take a picture of the castle/

"Now's not the time for that, Darling," says the white one. I think her name is Rarity. Before I get into the castle I get stopped by Royal Gaurds. Twilight hands me a Pin that has 6 coloured gems on it. I guess they represent something. The gaurds recognize i'm a guest of the Mane 6 and let me through. Again, Weird. We arrive at a throne room that has two thrones. One with a Sun and one with a Moon on them. When I walk in, Iron bars go down the windows and door. Again, to be expected from a speices that has probably never seen a human.

"Hello, Twilight," says the white unicorn-pegasus pony. This must be Princess Celestia. "This must be the pony you wanted me to meet."

I bow down and say, "My name's Byron Daniel Frost. I am in no way hostile." I stand back up and go back to rest of the Mane 6.

"Pleasure to meet you Byron, I am Princess Celestia. One of the rulers of Celestia" Says the Princess. Wait, there are two rulers. I guess the other is possibly her sister."Might I ask what your species is?"

'I am a Human. Dominant Species of the planet earth." I reply. I love making Star Trek References. Damn you, Gord.

"You are not the dominant species of here though."

"I know. And I respect your laws and the royalty, so long as I am respected"

"So, Byron, How did you arrive in Equestria?"

"Fluttershy was in my world grabbing some vegetables from my garden, which I didn't mind at all, but when she went to leave it started pouring heavily, so I took her to my house and let her stay there until i got home from work the next morning. She then lead me through the Mill Creek Ravine behind my house and crawled through a log that crossed planes into the Everfree Forest, now I'm here. So far you and the other six ponies are the only six ponies I've met."

"All right, for your protection, we're going to you into a pony. If at anytime you need to be in your Human form here just think 'Human form' and you'll be in human form again, as for transforming back into a pony what can we do?"

"How about I snap my left hand while thinking 'pony form' to turn into a pony, but it can only work here in Equestria. Because I don't want to be randomly turning into pony at work."

"Fair enough," she says. She then pulls out a pony form creator, kinda like the one on DeviantArt, I hook my phone up to it, take a portrait of myself, and then edit it to look like a pony.

"Unicorn, blue fur, glasses," I mutter, I use my phone and draw a cutiemark into the creator. "There! Done!"

"Now for the Next step," Celestia says, "Byron, we need you to sit in my throne."

"Why?" I ask

"My throne has the power to alter your brain so you can use magic while you're a pony." She explains

"I understand" I go sit in the throne, then slowly drift off to sleep. I wake up 20 minutes to find the process has been completed. My body didn't change, to allow the rest of the magic to do it's course. An analogy comes to mind, I'm an iOS device and I've been Jailbroken. After another 10 minutes, Celestia instructs me to try to change into a pony. I snap my left hand and the process begins to take effect. First to change was my arms and legs to turn into pony legs and hooves. The smoothening of my hands and feet didn't hurt, but the relocation of my arms and legs kind of did. It would for the first time. Next was my mane and tail. The mane just extended from my hairline, my tail bone twitched and out came a tail. Cool. Next was my muzzle, which just streched out my face. That didn't hurt because I had gone through Orthodontic treatment to fix my crooked teeth. Last but not least was my horn, which was just an extension of my skull. Man, that felt like a migrane! but it was for my safety. After the transformation, I tried standing on the ground.

"Well Byron, how do you feel?" Celestia asked

"Other than a headache, just fine," I reply "Got any Aspirin?" Twilight levitates it from my bag. I try to levitate out of Twilight's grip. To everyponies amazement, including me, it worked. I put the pill in my mouth and swallow. From exhaustion I pass out. Two hours later, I wake up in the Ponyville library. Everypony, including the Princess, wants to make sure I'm okay. They all sigh in relief when I wake up. Still a pony, so the spell took. I levitate my phone and magically press the power button. The clock reads 16:30. It's only 4:30? Must not have been gone long then. Spike hands me a glass of water, in case of dehydration, I happily drink it and get up.

"So, what's next?" I ask "I'm fighting fit again"

"Let us introduce ourselves; I'm Twilight Sparkle," Says Twilight

"Ah'm Applejack," Says Applejack

"I'm Rarity," Says Rarity

"I'm Rainbow Dash; Fastest Flyer in all of Equestria!" Boasts Rainbow

"HI! I'M PINKIE PIE AND WILL BE MY FRIEND!?" Exclaims the pink one

"And I've already met Fluttershy" I say "So, town tour?"

"Sure!" They say at once. Seeing as how I'm here might as well aqauint myself with the town. After an hour and a half we arrive back at the library. For 6 o'clock it's still pretty light out.

"I'm not planning on leaving yet, but whenever I get into Equestria could something alert one of the 6 of you?" I ask.

"Can we see your smaller device?" Asks Twilight

"Sure," I reply. I levitate it over to her and she modifies it's software slightly so it sends her a letter whenever I'm in Equestria. For having no experience with human technology, she knew she was doing.

"Time for your 'Welcome to Ponyville' Party!!" Exclaims Pinkie. How did I not expect this? I levitate my iPod to her, and have her play the music. "What is this?" she asks.

"It's an iPod. A music player," I reply. After realizing they don't have a headphone to DJ Turntable converter, I grab one from my bag. Thank God for DJ friends. "Whenever this is plugged into the iPod the music plays automatically. So make sure the Turntable is hooked up before you plug the iPod in." I expain

"Okey Dokey Lokey!" Pinkie acknologizes. We partied well into the night, playing some of the best tracks on my iPod. The party ended and 3 in the morning. I woke up at the Library on the couch at about 8:30. Must have been one kick ass party if I woke up on the couch. I go to the bathroom and looked at the mirror to make sure nopony wrote anything on my face. Nopony did. Good. Good thing it's my day off too.

Author's Note:

Wow. 2.5k words in this chapter. Any-frickin'-way, my writers block cleared up for this chapter and possibly the next chapter as well. Charming Cresent Will be officially named next chapter.
-Byron