• Published 5th Jan 2012
  • 1,126 Views, 3 Comments

a love of the sun - heavensparkle



a story about twilight's appreciation for celestia's sun

  • ...
10
 3
 1,126

a stormy night

The sky was dark and the wind howled ferociously, storm clouds gathered high above the city raining down heavily , Canterlot castle stood ablaze as the darkness seeped in, bounding down the halls was a lavender hued mare with malice in her eyes.

Coming to a halt just as the big sun emblasoned door to Celestia's room came in to view, Twilight took a moment to ready herself and charged in, the room was stained with blood and bodies of several servants littered the floor, in the middle of it all was the sun goddess herself, cackling maniacly.

"Do you like what i've done to the place?, the servants thought i was mad, hmph maybe i am but who's going to stop me?, Luna already tried, and look how that turned out!".

Celestia turned to allow the horrified mare to see the bloodbathed body of the Princess of the night, lying motionless and peacefull, it looked as if she were merely sleeping.

Twilight's stomach churned at the sight of this and Celestia merely smiled, the hate that Twilight was feeling before entering the room could not compare to the amount of raw emotion she was feeling at this very moment, lowering her horn and taking up an offensive stance, she prepared to charge.

"Hm you mean to take me down, i'd like to see you try" Twilight's anger reached its limit as she charged forwards, "i thought i'd taught you better then this, but if this is the way you want it to end, so be it!" Celestia had a spell ready to cast as Twilight closed the gap between them.


A sudden flash of white light enveloped the area, Twilight awoke with a fright, panting heavily she looked around the room, there was nothing but darkness surrounding her, staring out the window the storm from her dream was raging on.

"Pull yourself together Twi, it was just a dream nothing to worry about, right?"

"Dreams are merely our perception of the world around us, some are blessed and show us what our hearts desire most, others are twisted by the darkness in us all, into visions of our deepest fears." Princess Luna smiled at being able to give an answer to the question.

Twilight looked towards the window then towards the door, searching for an explanation of how exactly Luna got in, Luna tapped her horn thrice and simply said with a mischevious smirk on her face, "magic."

"So if you don't mind me asking, what exactly are you doing in my room in the middle of the night?"

Luna's smile quickly faded as tears started to stream from her eyes, "i was just walking by and i heard you panting, so i came in to see if you were alright, im sorry."

Twilight felt so bad for making luna upset untill she saw a smile perk up on the Princess's face, the smile kept on growing untill Twilight lunged towards Luna embracing her in a hug.

"So how about you tell auntie Luna about this dream then?" Luna said trying her best to act serious.

Twilight regailed the story of her dream to Luna which listened intently, not wanting miss any detail, "and then i woke up."

"Hmm" Luna pondered for awhile and then suddenly came up with a solution, grabbing Twilight she dragged her out of the room, they passed by guards and servants alike, each with questioning looks upon their face, Luna dragged Twilight for what felt like hours around the large castle halls before finally reaching a balcony, noting that Luna wasn't slowing down Twilight passed out from fright.

(~~~)

Back in ponyville Pinkie was hopping around her room completely ignoring the storm outside, suddenly a lighting bolt struck Sugarcube corner and shook the confectionary palace, Mr and Mrs cake had left Pinkie to take care of the store while they visited relatives who were stopping nearby ponyville, so only the pink pony was in to feel the brunt of the storm.

As soon as the shaking subsided another lightning bolt struck, except this one caused no shaking, instead it caused a massive green crack to appear in the wall, Pinkie who had now recovered from landing flat on her face when the last bolt struck was now staring at the crack with wide eyes

"Ooooo what's this" Pinkie said prodding the crack in the wall with her hoof, the crack answered her by opening to reveal a bright green portal.

Pinkie instinctevely jumped headfirst into the portal without a slight hesitation not even bothering to think about where she would end up, as she fell she started to get bored, so she reverted to looking around, noting things of interest to tell her friends later such as a blue box with the words 'police box' on it, and a strange pink pony with a screw and a ball for a cutie mark.

As soon as the falling began it was over and Pinkie fell headfirst into a bright new world.

(~~~)

Rarity was in carousel botique sewing out a new dress, her experience with Applejack still stuck in her mind.

"What was that all about anyway, and how dare she come up to me and do that."

Rarity was so busy sewing that she didn't notice Sweetie Belle pop up right beside her.

"INCOMING MORTAR."

"Huh?"

"Finally i got your attention, i've been trying to tell you that you've been sewing thin air for half an hour now " Rarity looked at her hooves and sure enough the fabric was on the floor now more thread then material, and she had been pushing nothing.

"Thank you Sweetie, now is there anything i can do for you?" Rarity said with obvious boredom in her tone.

"Maybe you can tell me why you have been mumbling about Applejack all night, or perhaps why you've been so seclusive since she left!"

At a loss of what to do Rarity tried to look for a way out, but found her only means of escaping her marshmallow like sister was to run out in the rain, with no way of escape and her sister peering down she sighed and told Sweetie to take a seat.

(~~~)

Up in Rainbow's cloud home Rainbow was busy looking after Scootaloo.

"So what do you want to do Scoots?" Rainbow asked clearley unaware of how to look after anyone else but herself.

"Well i was hoping you could show me some of your neat tricks but" Scootaloo looked out one of the openings in the cloud that served as a window, and then back at rainbow, "how about we just play this."

"Hmmm Rainbow's a game for all ages, be the first to get all your colours to the Rainbow Factory to win" Rainbow read out the instructions clearly bored with the game already but the remembered back to when she used to be a filly and decided to play a couple of games with Scootaloo.

A couple of hours passed and Rainbow got more and more annoyed with the game, standing up on her hind legs and pointing a hoof at the game, she glared it down and shouted, "ARGH cmon this game is broken."

Scootaloo laughed at her idol's frustration with the game and tried to cheer Rainbow up "cmon Rainbow Dash it's not the games fault."

"Yes it is it's evil," Rainbow pouted and turned her back to the game not wanting to see it anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment