• Published 5th Jan 2012
  • 1,126 Views, 3 Comments

a love of the sun - heavensparkle



a story about twilight's appreciation for celestia's sun

  • ...
10
 3
 1,126

twilight's decision

It was an average day in ponyville, celestia's sun was high in the sky bathing the quiet little town in a peaceful warmth, a gentle breeze rolling in from the everfree forrest as ponies went about there daily rituals of shopping and conversing with others.

All was well for everypony in ponyville except the towns local librarian, Twilight Sparkle.

"Spike!", Twilight called through the library for her little dragon assistant."Spike, where are you!" she called again.

"Im down here." Came the reply from the young dragon who sounded to be in the basement. "just brining up some new stock after you're little magic misshap last week."

Twilight could only reply with a shy grin to this as she remembered the incident in question, she had just finished reading through 'advanced arcane magic's' when she had found a incendiary spell that she really wanted to try , and had for a brief moment succeeded before loosing control and managing to hillariously set half of her the library ablaze.

"Ugh, spike did you have to bring that up again. Anyway i was just wondering have we got a reply from the princess yet."

"Relax twi, im sure she's just busy, ruling all of equestria can't be easy you know"

"True, but sometimes i just worry that she's forgotten about me afterall she hasn't seen me since the gala last month." just then twilight's face lit up with a bright smile just as a young filly's would to getting a new toy. "Spike, i just had a wonderful idea, why dont we go visit celestia and get a reply from her in person im sure she will be glad to see me again." The young unicorn beamed with pride at managing to come up with a reason to visit her ever caring teacher again.

"It's great that you're happy to go visit the princess again but shouldn't you send a letter informing her of you're idea before just charging into the castle?"

To this twilight just shuck her head and said softly "No i dont want it to be another boring old visit this one has got to be special so lets suprise her."

Spike just looked and twilight and started snickering to himself "whatever you say twi." Before walking downstairs to get more books

"This has got to be special" Twilight thought to herself "I have to show her how much she means to me, not just as the ruler of equestria, but as my teacher, who has stayed by my side and has managed to get me the wonderful friends i have now,"

Thinking of all her friends and how to tell them about her suprise visit to celestia, making a mental note not to mention the suprise part to pinkie who would come up with some crazy idea which would probarbly one way or another turn into a reason for a party ,twilight smiled and looked at the sun still hovering high in the sky and uttered a "thank you" to celestia before deciding to help spike with the books.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors notes: this is my first try at a story so sorry for any mistakes the next chapter will be longer

all the lovely work on here has persuaded me to try, so "thank you all for the great stories"

I will be thankful for any creative critisism and suggestions.

If people like it ill carry on with the rest of the story i have many idea's for this one and "thank you again for all the great stories"