• Published 18th Oct 2012
  • 852 Views, 8 Comments

Elements - Lyra-Chan



Rainbow Dash is an ordinary pegasus, but Princess Celestia has different plans for her life...

  • ...
5
 8
 852

Breaking Down Berry

There came a shrill scream from the front room. Pinkie shrieked and something broke. I flew into the other room as fast as I could in the small house. And I stopped as soon as I came in. I saw the pony that lives in this hut. She was a black coated earth pony with a feathered magenta mane. She had multi-colored eyes, one was a bright cobalt blue, while the other was a rich grass green. On her back was a grey saddlebag, filled to the brim with bottles and vegetation. And on her flank was a bright red strawberry.

She was shaking from fear. But of course, I would have too, if I saw a startled cyan and rainbow pony in her house with a bright pink bouncing thing. Pinkie seemed pleased with herself for finding a new friend to party with, although I was sure the black pony didn't really enjoy this bubbly pink pony gushing over a party every two seconds. Her iris' were small from the initial shock, so I decided to explain our situation to her. How we came to be in her home, such a long way from ours in Ponyville. And her eyes went from shock to sympathetic sorrow. A sense of ease spread through her body as we told our separate stories.

“And then Dashie came flying out of nowhere! I of course squealed and tried to get away, thinking she was a big blue monster, but when she got me I was all like 'Oh Pinkie! You so Craaazy! It's just Dashie!' And then for some weird reason, I fell asleep!” She looked at me joyfully, and squealed out, “I am soooooo sorry Dash! I know falling asleep when you are hanging out with somepony is reaaally rude, but I have no clue what came over me! Like, 'Duh Pinkie! You don't like when other ponies think you are boring that they fall asleep!' but I still did it! Then when I woke up next, we were here in this house! And I reaaaally like the pink room! It's very partytasical!” Of course Pinkie was going on with this type of random nonsense talk for roughly an hour and a half, so while she was ranting on, I went back through the house trying to make sense of it. While I was in the pastel colored room, she came in.

“My name is Berry Rush,” sighed out the black pony, “I have lived here for ten years without so much as a letter from somepony,” She paused and started thinking. When she was done, she looked up to meet my eyes, “I am in the same predicament as you Rainbow Dash, I was banished here about 10 years ago, when I was only a teenaged filly... But for different reasons,” She walked over to a set of butterflies that hung from the ceiling, flying around in the wind. She sat down, “You mustn't leave the forest, Rainbow. They will get you, and it is hard to get back after they are done with you,” A sheer hint of tears came to her eyes.

“Well, what am I supposed to do then, Berry?” I walked over to her side, and put my hoof around her shoulders, “I need to save that mare! If I don't then...” I let my words trail off, feeling the repercussions coming on. I was going to cry, something rare for me. She stood up and wiped the tears off her face. She knew her being upset didn't make anything better, especially since I am supposed to be the tough one.

She walked out of the pastel colored room into the pure white bedroom. Rarities room, I thought as I walked into the room after her. I wanted to ask her about the odd color coordination, and the chandeliers that hung from the slightly sloped ceilings. Luckily for me I didn't have to even ask. She came out and said it.

“I was the one who chose the six keepers of the Elements,”
My eyes burst open in shock. This pony chose the Elements representers?! My head started spinning with a million different questions as she continued on with her story.

“Yes I chose you to be the element of loyalty, due to the fact of the many demands you loyally fulfilled. Unfortunately, I know your future, and it...” She trailed off and apologized for her negligence. She got up again and walked out of the room, back into the kitchen where Pinkie was busily making more cupcakes. I just sat there, pondering what the pony had just said to me. I know your future, and it is.... I wanted to know what she had meant exactly, but every time I brought it up she rubbed it off and ignored the question. Pinkie wanted to know what was going on, of course, but I could not tell her for the fear she would get mad again. Or rather, go mad.


~~~

It finally got to the point where I couldn't stand it anymore. I was slowly turning claustrophobic in the small hut, and my wings were becoming stiff. Living with those two earth ponies was a terrible idea. They do everything by hoof and mouth. They can't fly or even cast spells like Twilight Sparkle. And with that thought I remembered. My friends are in danger in Ponyville, if they aren't already gone. I flexed out my wings, and bolted out of the door. In the far distance I could hear the two small voices calling my name. Hoping for me to listen and come back.