• Published 12th Oct 2012
  • 378 Views, 5 Comments

Broken Friends And Broken Eyes - Drakewaffles



Derpy recounts how her eye's became the way they are

  • ...
 5
 378

2

The morning sun starts to raise above the tree tops, casting its warm rays down on the grey mail mare, waking her from her dream. Derpy sleepily wipes her eyes as she stands up, stretching her wings out. She walks over to her house the soft dirt sifting slightly beneath her hooves, the cold morning air blows through her grey coat. She shivers as she reaches the door of her house, she lifts one of her hooves up and lightly pushing the wooden door open. She glances at the T.V as she trots inside. There was an interview being broadcast. Derpy slips her mail bag onto her shoulder as she watches the interview. The interviewer waves away their guest.

*Canterlot studios*

“And our next guest I’m sure you’ve all been waiting for! She’s the the Queen of wubs: DJ PON3!” The enthusiastic host Announces, making an exaggerated wave of her fore hoof towards Vinyl. Vinyl Walks onto the stage and takes a seat on a couch as the studio audience cheers with excitement.

“Call me Vinyl, DJ PON3 is just my stage name.” The blue maned unicorn says, turning away for a second to wave at the audience. The interviewer nods politely silently agreeing to call her vinyl.

“Now, Vinyl there has been rumours about you. One of which is that you and a certain cello playing earth pony doing ‘things’ in private, is that true?” The interviewer asks, motioning for the cameras to move closer. Vinyl stiffles a laugh trying to remain professional about it.

“No, it is not true, Tavi is just a close friend and a fellow musician.” Vinyl answers removing her glasses and placing them on the table that separates her from the interviewer. The interviewer moves onto the next question, quickly to keep the show going on time.

“This next question I have for you comes from another rumour. Is it true that you have a fear of hospitals?” The interviewer questions. Vinyl looks down at her fore hooves.

“Yeah, I’ve had a fear of them since I was a filly…” She Responds as she starts thinking about how she gained that fear.

“would you mind telling me and the viewers at home why?” The interviewer asks. Vinyl continues to look down recalling what happen:



“Don’t die! Please don’t die Derpy!” A young Vinyl pleads as she applies pressure onto a bleeding gash on Derpy’s head, unsure if it was doing anything to help.

“Don’t worry Derpy, I-I’m going to get help!” The white coated unicorn says as she stands up and runs towards Ponyville. Gotta get help, gotta get help. Were the only thoughts racing through her mind as she runs through the streets of Ponyville. She skids to a halt in front of the first pony she sees.

“I need your help! Me and my friend were playing tag then a cart came out of no where and hit her. She’s bleeding, I tried to put pressure on it but it didn’t help!” Vinyl explains quickly, her voice cracking a bit. The older Pegasus Mare gives Vinyl a worried look.

“Okay I’ll help, where is she?” The pegasai mare asks, concern embedded in her voice.

“S-she’s at the field by the edge of SweetApple Acres” She says, her voice cracking again. With out another word the pegasai picks up Vinyl and flies at top speed to the field. The wind blows through their manes. All vinyl could hear was the loud sound of air rushing past as they made their way to the field. They land with a small thud. Derpy’s broken figure still lies where Vinyl left her, a small pool of blood has already formed around the fallen pegasai filly. The pegasai mare wastes no time carefully lifting Derpy onto her back. Vinyl looks at her friend partially feeling guilty about what happened.

“Try to apply pressure gently onto the wound” The pegasai instructs. Vinyl places her hooves on the wound and holds down, putting some pressure on it. The Pegasus wait’s a few moments before unfurling her wings and starts flapping them, lifting of the ground. She turns in the direction of the Hospital and starts to fly towards it being careful to keep the two fillies on her back.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


They land at the Hospital rushing through the front door to the check in desk.

“Miss Heart Cross. This filly needs help, she got hit by a cart.” The pegasai explains to the earth pony at the desk, gesturing to Derpy. Vinyl’s head starts reeling, the smells of medicines, blood and cleaning product fill her nostrils making her dizzy. She falls off of the Pegasus and onto the ground. She wakes up an hour later, the doctor tells her that she had a bad reaction to the smell due to a mixture of smells that had formed a gas compound that has a bad effect on young colts and fillies causing them to pass out or suffer memory loss and sometimes even hallucinations. The doctor leaves after much prompting from Vinyl. After the doctor leaves she goes in search of Derpy’s room, wanting to apologize to her for making her go to the field. She opens a door slowly and peeks in, she lets out a shrill shriek at the sight. It was a pony who was horribly burnt, they had third degree burns covering half of their body. Vinyl closes the door and heads down to the waiting room, remaining completely silent as she sits down in a chair and looks down at her fore hooves.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

authors note


I kinda rushed through things here and there but! I have a reason, most of these are memories and sometimes older memories seem sped up or have chunks missing. So that’s how some of the story is going to be written. I know some people may not like this choice but I find it works for the story that I’m trying to tell.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment