• Published 12th Oct 2012
  • 1,648 Views, 18 Comments

Your Mom is My Worst Enemy - confidentPrognosticator



Chrysalis and Cadance both have fillies at the same time.

  • ...
6
 18
 1,648

Chapter 2: They Come Together

Chrysalis paced back and forth in the hive. Her daughter had probably left her the note to make her feel better, but she didn't feel better. Just worse. Questions raced through her head. Is Moth okay? Where did she go? Did she find a better home? but she tried hard to ignore them. " Moth is fine," she told herself, " Just fine." But doubt still creeped into her head. " If only I had tried harder. Let her know I cared, and been a real mother." Chrysalis finally broke down and fell sobbing on the floor.


Lily Blossom had already turned in her report. Her teacher had called it, ' amazing ', and ' fabulous', and a few othe words. But Lily ( as she was nicknamed) was proud of herself. But now she was bored. She needed action. Maybe... try to find her cutie mark? She had heard of Cutie Mark Crusaders in Ponyville, maybe she could do the same thing. First..." SINGLE CUTIE MARK CRUSADER BAKER!!" She raced off to her mom's kitchen, ready to try making muffins, with chocolate chips, to give to Dinky. Dinky was a friend who came to visit a lot. She was in Canterlot right now, staying with Lily's family. It would be a nice present. She made it in the kitchen and turned on the oven.


Moth lurked around the forest. She hid behind trees, staying out of sight. She couldn't help but wonder how her mom would react. But her mom didn't care about her. She was abrasive and rough with her. She spent a lot of time with her, but only to keep her out of sight. Moth let a single tear fall, but no others. She had to steel herself to make it. She began to search the area. She found two rabbits in a fight. She started to feed. Energy filled her, giving her the stamina to carry on. She tried to turn herself into a bird. Fail. Total Fail. But good enough to fly. She took off.


Chrysalis could not take it. She had told the drones everything, and sent off ALL of them to find her. All of them but herself. She couldn't face Moth. Also someone had to watch the hive. But still, she knew they would never find her. It was too much to dream, or even to hope. The idea was crazy. Moth was bad at transforming, but good enough to hide from anything. She could take care of herself. She can take care of herself...the idea echoed through her mind and bounced back. Moth was almost 6. Chrysalis had to let her go.


There was a huge fire and water everywhere. The fireponies had arrived just in time. Lily couldn't believe how bad they had turned out. " So much for muffins," she thought out loud. But then an idea came to her. Lily's horn glowed pink. So did the muffins. She concentrated hard. The muffins turned fresh and fluffy. Lily was amazed. " I finally did it!" She had not been able to complete this spell in sessions, now it worked perfectly. " That's weird. Maybe my magic is wild or something." Being a filly, Lily knew just about nothing about magic, so in short, she was clueless. But not to worry about that. What next? " SINGLE CUTIE MARK CRUSADER MAILPONY!" She rushed off to Dinky's house.


Moth was still flying. But she had to land sometime. She dropped down, and landed softly. She turned back into herself. Once again, she began to walk. But where would she go? No one would take her. Then she looked up. Moth saw a big city on a cliff. " Maybe, if I go as a filly, and say I'm orphaned, I could live there." It gave her a little spark of hope. She started to fly with tiny wings. It was faster than before, but still slow.She flew up, and transformed. She was now a blue filly with a curly black mane. " Hmm.. a name... Starswirl." She walked into the city and promptly fainted.


Lily had already delivered the muffins. Dinky had gladly accepted them, but no cutie mark. Darn. But Lily, unshaken, statyed to walk home. To her suprise she saw a young filly laying unconsious in the street. Lily quickly picked the filly up and ran home. " Mom! This filly... I think she's dead!" Cadence rushed in and laid the filly down. Maigc glowed and surrounded the unicorn filly. She woke up.


Moth woke to see two ponies staring at her, a filly and an adult. " Are you... Princess Cadence?"

" Yes I am." Moth was filled with shock and dread.

Lily Blossom looked up at her mother. " Can I go play with her?"

" Sure honey."

Lily Blossom dragged Moth outside. " Are you a changeling?"

Moth gasped. " How did you know?"

" Your legs were full of holes. My mom doesn't like changelings. She said Queen Chrysalis tried to stop her from marrying dad. Who's your mom?" The world shook.

Lily Blossom stared directly into Moth's eyes. "Come on, I won't tell anypony. Please?"

Moth looked up. " Queen Chrysalis." Lily Blossom fainted.


Lily Blossom slowly woke up. Moth was staring down at her, looking worried. " Are you okay?"

" Yeah... You just suprised me." The two filles began to walk around the city, stopping at a shady tree.

" Are you trying to destroy us all or something?"

" No, I ran away from my mother. I hate her."

Lily was shocked. " Why? Is she mean?"

" Yes, my dad was the only one who ever loved me."

Lily Blossom shook. She felt sorry for this changeling, having to go through all of this. " Well, you can stay here."


Moth looked really excited. " Really?"

" Of course, as long as you stay a normal filly, my mom will never know. Come on, let's go home." Moth joyfully ran home with her new friend.


The dark hive was doing nothing to boost Chrysalis's spirits. The drone's failure was no encoragement either. But she had expected as much. Moth could take care of herself. No more search parties, no more letters, no more anything. Moth could take care of herself. Moth could take care of herself... care of herself... herself... herself... Words began to swim together, the dark colors of the hive collasped on one another, untill Chrysalis could no longer see. Finally, she blacked out.

Comments ( 9 )

Formatting is fundamental! It really hurts your story if someone has to reread a paragraph 3 times to figure out who is saying what. Beyond that, it's an interesting concept, even if it really feels like the plot to the lion king 2.

Ahh... great idea, but the execution is messy and a bit rushed.

Interesting so far! I like it! *bark* :pinkiehappy:

i like it countinue :twilightsheepish:

Great story! Well you know I love anything with changelings.:twilightsheepish: I will be watching you.:rainbowderp: DO NOT LET ME DOWN!:flutterrage:1451590 Ooh! Both Princesses!

Thank you everypony for poniting out my mistakes. I will take them to heart on the next chapter.:pinkiesad2:

a few othe words. That other needs and r. :rainbowlaugh:

Word to the wise, ya might wanna change the pace of the story. It's... so fast paced... And I can't see very much reason behind anything or get an in depth feeling with the characters. Like I said, just a little fast paced in my opinion.

Again, breaks when different characters speak. No other grammatical errors, other than usual. No other misspelled words.

Concept. Still liking. Do continue.

Rating. Hasn't changed. 5/10.:derpytongue2:

Login or register to comment