• Published 22nd Nov 2012
  • 544 Views, 7 Comments

Celestial Revolution - Prisoner 24601

  • ...
7
 7
 544

Trotsky Secedes

The crowd stopped throwing rocks, and all gathered around the body of Blues, the local guitar player. He lay there on his back, an angry expression in his face, and his hooves stretching out in every direction. He was utterly dead. Everypony looked again to the guard, who was already loading hid gun again. They shouted and charged him, throwing him to the ground and beating him to a pulp. He was dead three minutes before the ponies stopped puinishing his body.

Other guards had noticed the distress, and had heeded the call of fire. Fifteen guards patrolling the close wall at the time aimed their guns, and fired into the crowd. Pony after Pony fell as more and more shots pelted across the city center. The guards were on a killing massacre. They even tried to pick off some ponies that were trying to escape. It was a long and painful task, but Twilight and her friends made it out okay.

...2 YEARS LATER...

It had been two years since the headline-topping 'Ponyville Massacre' had killed a total of 25 residents of Ponyville. The guards responsible were discharged and replaced. Twilight still had the speech engraved in her mind. "Three years from now, Equestria will economically collapse."

There were twelve months left.

Suddenly, there was a triple toll of the town bell; a sign that meant there was nation-wide news.

Twilight left her house, and made her way towards the city center. There was a crowd of angry ponies, surrounding a secure pedestal (Now with rock-proof glass) with the stallion behind their misery. Acting Chief of Fort Dusklight, and captain of the Ponyville guard, Thunderlane, stood at the top of this pedestal. He was the tyrannical Captain that caused so much distress and misery in Ponyville. He held a letter in his hands.

"Ponies of Ponyville!" He shouted.

Everypony reluctantly listened.

"I have recieved a letter from Stalliongrad, written by governer Trotsky. It says:

To Her royal highness, Princess Celestia of Equestria,

There comes a time when a nation reaches its peak, and begins to deteriorate. It continues on this path until utmost self-destruction. Hearing the news two years ago, it seems as if Equestria has reached its peak. I have consulted with the board of Stalliongrad directors, and others from the south-eastern area of Equestria, and we have decided that if the ship sinks, we're not going down with it. We are making our formal resignation, and from Hoofington to Stalliongrad, and all cities in between, shall become the new nation of Trotskae. The regional legislature, along with the board of directors of all major towns in this given area, have agreed to the seperation. Trotskae is no longer a taxible, tangible part of Equestria. Your oppression and rule cannot reach our borders. We are now a democratic nation, where the common ponies rule.
President of Trotskae,
Vladimir Trotsky.

"

The crowd went silent at the news. Everywhere from Hoofington to Stalliongrad had Seceded.

Thunderland continued, "It appears as if Equestria lost quite a lot of its boundries. We are to let you know of any national news, and I think this counts. Thank you for your time. Goodbye."

And with that, the glass opened, and Thunderlane flew out.

...But then...

A bright green pegasus walked through the crowd, a bandage across half of his chest. He held with him a musket. He stopped, pointed the musket into the sky...

...and fired.

Thunderlane, the Guard Captain of Ponyville, and acting Chief of Fort Dusklight, fell out of the sky, and landed on the stone ground of the city center, quiet, still, and quite dead.

"NOW" The stallion shouted as the guards returned to the murderer. they recognized his face. Five years ago. Before they could realise who this stallion was, a white pony jumped from a close rooftop, and landed on one of the guards. He forced him to the ground, and shoved his hoof, with a stilleto tied to it, into the pony's throat. More ponies did the same thing with the other guards, until they were alone with the citizens of Ponyville.

The green pegasus stallion walked through the crowd, and stepped onto a stage that had been set up for Thunderlane. Everypony recognized him. Five years ago, he had tried to plan an unseuccesful military strike against Fort Dusklight, but instead had the snot beat out of him by Thunderlane. It was Hurricane. He stood at the microphone, dissapointment in his eyes. "Ponies of Ponyville!" he said through the microphone. "My name is Hurricane. You probably remember me from that disgrace of a battle outside the town. I stand here in front of you now not as a rebel, but as a believer, and as a Patriot. Why do you let them abuse you?" He gestured to the body of Thunderlane another pony borught onto the stage. "Do you now have rights? Do you not have freedoms? We are all living ponies, yet they treat us like their own property, like we're theirs to manipulate. I am a stern believer in personal freedom. I tell you, rise up! We cannot stand for something as oppresive as this! Celestia once proclaimed that Ponyville is one of the most humble, honest, best cities in Equestria. Yet she locks us up in here, with no sight of the rolling green pastures of freedom that once surrounded us. Is that the acts of a good leader? Hardly. You do have rights. Yet you let them command you, without so much as backtalk! You may have noticed that I did not come here alone. I brought with me an advanced group of pony assassins to help liberate you. Celestia is a horrible tyrant, who will change her mind about the most obvious of facts as long as it benefits her directly. That is why Trotsky seceded! That is why more are sure to follow in his footsteps! I plea you to follow as well. The obvious is right in front of you, and you discard it as if you don't want to realise that the world is falling apart around you. But I will not stand for it!" He slammed the podium and raised a hoof into the air. "Follow me, ponies of Ponyville. Follow me in the Free people's Union! We will fight Fort Dusklight. We will free ourselves from this prison, and we will throw Celestia from her bejeweled throne. This monarchy is leading us into Tartarus. A democracy is the only answer! This town is now under my personal protection, and the protection of the assassin's brotherhood. If you are interested in saving your country, you can find me at the city hall. I implore you to follow. It's the only way to save our beautiful Equestria."

With that, Hurricane and his assassins left the podium, and walked slowly through the crowd, and into the city hall. The ponies of Ponyville were left speechless. Once regaining their senses, almost a third of the group immediately left and followed the patriot.

Comments ( 5 )

Wow at first I though this was just another stupid Evil!Celestia story

but after reading it I see that its a stupid Sexist Evil!Celestia story.


what's with you hating women in power?

1679962
When did I ever imply that?

1680324

Because you just stated the female co-rulers of a matriarchy are mere figureheads while the real ruler is a dude.

And once Celestia takes real power she goes all evil and needs to be kill by the male protagonist.

And yes in real life horses are a matriarchy.

1680970

oh yeah and it takes a man to get a town made up of most women including the mane six who fought a chaos god and an army to stand up for themselves.

And Twilight just watches the whole think? Really?

Also the whole plan the counsel has to "Rebuild Equestria" makes no sense, that's probably why it failed in fact. I mean its destroy a strong economy and get Aid for other nations then bring it back up AND THEN break it up into four nation. They're wasting time and money they could be using to make new jobs or open up trade you know things that make a strong economy.

Also three years is WAY more than enough time to fix total pending economic collapse.

Look at China, the US, Japan, Germany, England, France, Russia, ect.,.

Also why is Celestia being blame wend the counsel outed themselves as the real rulers and thus the real tyrants?

Look its clear you're not a sexist just didn't see the context.

And you're not a bad writer its just the context of the story is. Right now it reads more like a parody of bog standard grimdark evil celestia stories.

This isn't super hard to retool.

Like I don't know Equestria is having economy troubles and Celestia is trying to fix it however the stress of trying combined with her failure to stop the changeling attack causes her to go Solar Flare in a "you ungrateful pricks! after everything I've done and gave up for you, throw me aside for just a veiw mistakes!" and its up to Twilight and your OC to save her form herself.

or something

Login or register to comment