• Published 29th Dec 2011
  • 1,391 Views, 19 Comments

My Life In Ponyville - Skitzo Tune



A new life with a friend one can only hope to have. My life in Ponyville begins today.

  • ...
11
 19
 1,391

Down The Rabbit Hole

It took a few moments for everypony else in the barn to realize that Pinkie Pie had stopped singing, but when they finally did come to, cheers erupted. In all honesty, I myself got lost in for a moment, but thanks to Aj, I was pulled out from under. Getting up from our sitting position, Aj and I walked over to Pinkie Pie as she was drinking a glass of punch to cool her flaming throat.

"Gee Pinkie, Ah didn' know you could sing like tha, tha was amazing." Aj said.

"Ya, I didn't know you had it in you Pinkie, that was something alright." I said, agreeing with Aj.

"Ah, shucks, that was nothing compared to the other parties I've thrown with Vinyl, isn't that right?!" Pinkie yelled back at Vinyl, who just nodded as she was suddenly busy with mares asking to sing next.

A few moments later, the rest our our little group made their way over to us, Rarity clamoring over Pinkie Pie saying something along the lines of Pinkie becoming a professional singer, Rainbow insisting she could sing better without music, and Fluttershy's attempts at what I think were suppose to be cheers. In the midst of this little moment of chaos, Aj had left my side to talk to Twilight and Apachie had started walking over towards me. I walked to the edge of the floor and looked down at the crowd as Vinyl played a song to keep the feeling going from Pinkie's singing.

"Not half bad is it?" Apachie said, finally catching up to at the edge.

"The music is nice, it reminds me of our time in Canterlot for TAP." I replied, smiling as I was looking down at the crowd of ponies dancing and enjoying themselves.

Apachie chuckled and took a seat next to me. "That was quite the weekend man, no worries, no rules, it was the best. So I guess you've changed your mind about this party eh?"

I sat next to him, his height contrast against mine. "Maybe, I still think it's a bad idea, introducing us as the new ponies in town, but for right now," I paused slightly, going over the most recent event with Aj, "I don't want to worry about."

"Dude, you need to learn the chill, we've talked about this before. You're attitude gets to me sometimes." Apachie said as he nudged me.

"It's not like I enjoy being like this all the time man. It's hard for us Scorpios to just let go and I know we came here to start over, but it's not going to happen over night. Just, just give me some time, time to get everything behind me before I start my life again." I said, half to Apachie, half to myself.

"We aren't going anywhere man, don't worry so much, just go with the flow, like me." He said, putting his trademark stupid grin on.

I shook my head and threw a punch which connected with his foreleg as the others made their way over to us.

Rarity stepped forward first. "I hope we aren't interrupting anything you two."

"Not at all." I said as Apachie and I stood up and joined the mares. "I don't suspect anypony else here wants to do some karaoke?"

All but Rarity shook their heads in response to my question. "Well I had wanted to sing a piece but I fear that my taste in music isn't exactly on par with the music played for a party." She huffed.

Aj patted Rarity on her back. "Ah, don' worry abou it Rare, you'll get to sing nex time 'round."

By this time, more ponies had begun coming up the stairs in an attempt to get a turn at singing a song. I looked over towards Vinyl to see her swamped with ponies, each asking for a turn. I felt sorry for her but she had a smile on her face so I let the feeling pass for the time. With that pass of that feeling however, another replaced it, one that made itself known to everypony. My stomach growled loudly, not loud enough to be heard over the music but enough for the group to take notice since we were close.

Rainbow laughed a bit, as did Twilight and Aj. "Dude I think you're hungry."

"I'm hungry too now that I think of it." Apachie said as he rubbed his belly with a hoof.

"Me three!" Pinkie Pie jumped up. "Singing makes me hungry."

"Well then why don't we all go down stairs, there's food and punch and all sorts of treats for us to snack on." Twilight suggested, which got an immediate response from Apachie's stomach.

"Heh, I think Apachie says yes." I say holding back a chuckle, meanwhile the rest are giggling and nodding.

Together, we all make over way past the crowd, Pinkie Pie hopping forward as the leader, followed by a hovering Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Rarity, and finally Aj, Twilight, Apachie and I. I hadn't noticed through the earlier commotion in the day, my unexpected sleep, and being brought to the party, that I hadn't eaten in hours and that I was starving. My stomach was more roaring than growling.

"When was the last you ate Gale?" Aj asked me as she heard it again.

"I think the last thing I ate today might have been the apple you gave me earlier today." I said as I looked away in embarrassment.
Aj just chuckled a bit as we got the stairs and down to the first floor. Aj was sticking close to me and I didn't know whether to just enjoy the closeness or say something. I don't want to deal with this right now. I stopped trying to think too much into it and just walked along side her until the group had managed to maneuver through the sea of ponies between us and the snack table. Through the crowd, I was approached by a few ponies, all introducing themselves and complementing me on my singing. Among them was a blue/green mare with an instrument for a cutie mark and her friend who was a candy maker, a stallion with wings much too small for his body, and our neighbor Berry Punch. Amidst the conversations it seemed that the next pony in line for karaoke had gotten their turn to sing and with it, the crowd started dancing and shouting. Because of this I managed to get Aj and I separated from the rest of the group but she didn't seem to mind much, well she didn't seem to mind much from what I could tell. Through the sea of ponies jumping up and down, we had somehow found and bumped into my manager, who was at the time sucking face with a mare. Not wanting to intrude, I pulled Aj away quickly before he noticed the two of us. With a bit of blush on her face, Aj just coughed awkwardly after the scene and we continued our journey to the opposite side of the barn, though the journey was a bit harder on me as Aj had begun leaning on me slightly.

A few long minutes later, Aj and I had finally caught up with the rest of the group, which had already begun eating. Rarity being the to see us first, spoke up. "My my, maybe I was wrong about you having something with Pinkie Pie, because it looks like there is something more between you and Applejack."

The rest of the group had caught on to what Rarity had noticed but Aj stopped leaning on me and answered, "Th-there ain't nothin goin on between us, A-ah was just tired from work thas all." Her eyes darted to one side as she tried to avoid eye contact.

Rarity just gave Aj a smirk and turned to Pinkie Pie. "I hope you're ok with this Pinkie, you did see him first after all."

Apachie, by this time, was laughing so hard he might have choked on the food he was eating. Pinkie Pie just hopped on over to Aj, a giant smile on her face. "I don't mind Applejack, we can share Galey Waley." She said jokingly.

I hope she's joking.

A too quiet to be heard 'Oh my.' escaped Fluttershys' mouth and Rainbow Dash was loving every minute of the situation.

Aj was soon surrounded by Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash as they tried to make her admit that there was something going on between the two of us. "There's nothin Ah swear," but nopony believed her, so she looked to me for support, "Tell 'em Gale."

"Sorry Aj, but you're on your own for now, I'm hungry." I said as I walked passed the group of mares. "Go easy on her girls, she's pretty tired." I chuckled and walked over to Apachie, who was just picking himself of the floor from his fit of laughter.

Twilight giggled slightly at the girls teasing of Applejack and offered a hoof to Apachie. "So is there anything going on between you two Gale?" She said as she turned in my direction as I was reaching for an apple.

"Na, there's nothing between Aj and me, she just got a bit tired getting caught up with that last song and everypony dancing, I let her lean against me for support." I said, knowing full well I was lying through my teeth.

"Ya, Gale having any sort of feelings for a mare would be like your friend Flutters over there stare down a dragon." Apachie said chuckling. I gave him the death glare but he just brushed it off.

"Well actually," Twilight started.

"Twilight, seriously, there's nothing." I interrupted. "A marefriend isn't something all that high on my priorities at the moment, and quite possibly a long while."

Twilight looked like she wanted to say more but just sighed and gave up. She walked over to her friends and tried to keep them from teasing Aj so much while I took a bite of the apple in hoof.

"I saw you kiss Applejack." Apachie said nudging me.

I nearly choked on the apple in my mouth from the resulting flinch that came over me from Apachie speaking those words. Coughing, wheezing, and a few glasses of punch later, I managed to catch my breath.

"You saw that?" I said clearing my throat of any left over bits of apple.

"Nooo, but judging from that reaction, I now know you did."

"I hate you."

"I love you too Skitzo."

"I hope you die in a fire."

"All the homo."

"You say anything, so help me Celestia, I'll let Ditzy have her way with you."

"Dude, low-blow."

"Promise."

"Ya, fine I promise."

"Good...." A sip of my punch later and another bite of my apple and I hoof bumped Apachie. A chuckle on his part and I already knew I was going to be in for a headache in the morning.

A few moments later and the group had found its way back to Apachie and me. Aj seemed to have made it out of shark-infested waters for the time but was giving me a look like I threw her in. I should probably stay away from her for a while.

With that little problem out of the way, and a bit of food in my stomach, I decided that I had best talk to Vinyl again about her music. Sure my cousin came up with the lyrics, but I would have to be mental to try not getting connected with somepony famous. I also have to go back for that note she wrote up for me, during all the commotion with Pinkie and karaoke, I kinda forgot to get it. Making sure everypony was occupied, I snuck my way by them and once out of sight, I flew on up to the next floor.

When I got up, I noticed that Vinyl had somehow managed to get everypony to stay in a line, or what could be called a line when at a rave. "Vinyl!" I yelled out above the loud music.

Turning her attention away from her set, Vinyl spotted me and motioned me over behind the DJ system. "Hey Dude, over here!" I landed a bit cautiously, a load of wires and electronics aren't exactly the easiest things to walk through. "Gale, that karaoke idea Pinkie came up with is freaking awesome! Look at all these ponies!"

"Ya, I can see it! I guess even Pinkie has her moments!" The music was deafening this close but nothing a bit of yelling couldn't fix.

"Dude, you left so fast you forgot my address!" Vinyl yelled holding up the paper in her magic then placing it on the DJ system.

"Ya I know, I actually came up here to get that from you! It's kind of hard to keep focused on something during these kinds of parties!" I said, blocking the music from entering my ear with a hoof.

Vinyl just giggled. "I bet!"

I was about to ask why she was laughing until it hit me. "I didn't mean it like that!"

"Sure, sure! Hold on a minute!" Vinyl laughed a bit before diving into a saddlebag on the floor by her legs. I was beginning to wonder what she was getting cause from the sound of it, the last mare that had started singing, finished and the next mare was on her way up to grab the mic.

"Hey, Vinyl, I think somepony is coming!" I yelled down at her.

Vinyl's head shot up out of the saddle bag with a small plastic baggy in her mouth. She looked a bit surprised. Next thing I know she's giving me this look that looks like an apology. I was about to ask what was up when she closes the distance between us and shoves her tongue into my mouth. I was half stunned, half amazed, and half trying to not over think what the hay was going on. After a quick second, she backs off, but not before saying something along the lines of 'Hold that for me.' I don't know, I didn't hear her all that well over the music and the daze that I was in. Vinyl turned back to the mare that had just reached the front of her system and then she was on her way to the what I guess was now the singers platform.

A few moments in the daze, I finally managed to get my head back on my shoulders. That didn't just happen. That couldn't have just happened. Holy buck that just happened. I was about to yell out to Vinyl if she was out of her freaking mind, that is until I felt something in my mouth. Turns out that her tongue wasn't the only thing she put in my mouth. A few seconds of trying, I succeeded in getting whatever it was out and onto my hoof.

Plastic baggy.

Vinyl turned back at me and looked really sorry, or something, I couldn't tell behind her shades and confusion right now. "Dude I'm so sorry about that, but I needed to make sure nopony saw that!" She pointed to the small baggy.

"What the hay is this?!" I yelled out, convincing myself it was because of the music and not excitement of recent events.

Vinyl used her magic to take the baggy from my hoof and opened it up revealing two little oval-shaped, pea-sized, pills.

Buck.

"That isn't what I think it is, is it?!"

Vinyl giggled. "Depends on what you think it is!" She levitated one into my hoof and let go. I looked from the pill to Vinyl, back to the pill, and finally back to Vinyl. She then used her magic to place her pill onto her tongue. "Down the hatch!" She yelled, her tongue out, before swallowing it down dry.

Crap.

I stood there for a few seconds, trying to decide in my mind if going down the rabbit hole was the best thing to do right now.

Red pill or Blue Pill?

I shook my head to unscramble my mind, only a few seconds left before having to make a decision. I look up to Vinyl one last time and see her just smiling so wide.

Damn.

"Down we go...down the rabbit hole!"

Swallowed. No going back now.

Author's Note:

Ya...I can't really say anything most of you haven't already heard. Sorry about leaving this thing alone for a long time but I'm trying to get back to it. No promises though.

Comments ( 1 )

Just saw this story, and saw you may need some critique. I'll give it a whirl!

As a bit of friendly advice, the archetype of a black-and-red, troubled-past, ultra-edgy alicorn (or pegasus, in this case) tends to be used quite a lot amongst newer writers. Sometimes people associate that type of character with bad writing, so be careful when you're including that in your story. Just a warning! :pinkiesmile:

I have read some parts of your story, though, and, aside from the self-insert nature, I'm impressed by the relative competency of it all. There are a few grammar errors (you're/your, tense disagreement), but there are few spelling errors, and the paragraphs are spaced out nicely and the chapters are a good length. My biggest recommendation would be to move a little further from how you might describe something in real life; add more flavor! The good news is that you seem to be getting it now that you're further into the story, which is a great sign of improvement.

Most of all, keep writing and learn from your critics! Practice makes perfect only if you're practicing the right things, as you may've seen. Good luck!

Login or register to comment