• Published 29th Dec 2011
  • 1,391 Views, 19 Comments

My Life In Ponyville - Skitzo Tune



A new life with a friend one can only hope to have. My life in Ponyville begins today.

  • ...
11
 19
 1,391

Homecoming

Flying was always something I loved more than anything. I get the feeling that my father knew and hence named me after a bird. There were times where whenever I was bored I'd fly out and lay down on the roof of my home and feel the wind through my wings. And the glasses mom gave me before we left seem to keep the wind out of my eyes. Apachie looked over at me while flying and saw the glasses on me.

"Those are some pretty cool shades man. Where'd you get them?" He asked.

"Mom gave them to me before we left. They look pretty sick don't they?" I bragged.

"Ya they do but I bet they look better on me!" He yelled as he flew over towards me and pulled them off.

He put them one and flew ahead of me to get away. It never really bothered me whenever he did something like that. We've known each other since we were colts in flight school so I know he was just teasing. It was just his way of saying he wanted a race and I wasn't one to disappoint him. "You're on!" I yelled through the cloud cover.

It always made me smile when we raced. The wind through my wings and excitement of seeing which one of us was better. It was always back and forth between us; each loss making us try harder, each victory showing who was on top. We didn't let it get to us because we were only in it for the rush.

We flew faster and faster towards our new home and I was beginning to catch up. Those daily workouts in my room were paying off. Then I saw a cloud high above and thought of something I read in a book once. I climbed towards the cloud and stepped on it pushing myself higher on the cloud. Another step and more speed. I was beginning to lose him but I knew I'd catch up after this. As I got to the top of the cloud I jumped off and dove down. I adjusted myself in his direction before pulling my wings closer to my body. With this I'll catch him in no time, I thought to myself. I kept up the dive feeling the sting of the water as I pushed through the clouds. He was in sight and I was coming up fast. Then out of nowhere came a multi-colored blur passed in front of me faster than I could react. Thinking I would crash I openned my wings and lost control. I passed through what seemed like a rainbow and then saw Apachie coming in to view.

"Buck! This is gonna hurt." I said under my breath as I crashed into the stallion.

As I crashed into him I thought to myself, Buck, did I just crash into Apachie or a brick wall?! It hurt more than being kicked in the face by a drunken pony. I tried openning my eyes to see the only thing around, the ground. The last thought that passed through my mind was, Oh Celestia have mercy on us, before we crashed creating a crater around us.

I woke up what seemed to be a few hours later about five feet away from Apachie. I looked around and saw a town in the distance and figured, Hay that must be Ponyville. I tried standing but felt the pain of my front right leg preventing me from putting much pressure on it.

"Damn that fall hurt a hay of alot." I said to myself.

"You're telling me." I heard from a bit away.

Apachie had come to and seemed to be standing just fine. My jaw dropped to see him walking over to me like nothing happened.

"How the hay are you even able to walk straight after that fall?!" I asked dumbfounded.

"Eh. I've fallen from higher. But I admit that hurt. Alot. Why the hay did you crash into me anyways?" He said stretching out his wings and legs. I heard popping noises making me cringe a little.

"I was diving down about to pass you when something flew right in front of me. I tried slowing down so I wouldn't crash into it and lost control." I said trying to think back what exactly it was that made me slow down.

"Well I guess that makes sense." He said while cracking his neck with his legs. He looked over his shoulder as saw the same town I did. "Oh look. We're here." He looked back with his trademark stupid smile.

"Thats good I suppose." I took the glasses off of him and put them on. "You mind passing me my suitcase. I think I hurt myself."

He walked over with the suitcase with a look of confusion. "What the hay do you have in there that'll help you?"

"A first aid kit." I said openning the case and rummaing through it.

"What? Why would you have one of those on you?" He gave me this weird look like I was crazy.

"You swear with the amount of fights we get into I'm not gonna bring something to fix us up after." I said giving him a look.

He thought about it a while processing everything in his mind giving me enough time to wrap my my ankle and hoof with a bandage. "I guess you're right man." He laughed out loud. He came over to me and picked me up and threw me across his back barely giving me enough time to get my suitcase.

"What in the name of Equestria are you doing?" I asked him quickly becoming dizzy from the fast movement.

"Man you're hurt. I ain't about to let you hurt yourself more. I did tell you're mom I'd take care of you remember?" He said with a smile.

"You wouldn't last a second without me. I am your 'Gatekeeper of Nightmares' remember?" I said laughing as he was walking towards the small town.

"Heh, you still remember that?" He asked looking away.

"Ofcourse man how can I forget something so funny?"

"Don't remind me man." He said shivering. "I admit without you around things would be really bad. I don't know how you do it but you seem to keep bad stuff from happening to me." He chuckled a bit.

"It looks like we're almost there. Let me down I'm good to walk on my own." I said.

He shrugged, "Whatever floats your boat man."

He let me down and looked over to the town. I looked up at the sky trying to catch my balance. It must of been sometime around four. I could hear Apachie's stomach growl and I looked over with a look on my face that read, Are you serious?

He looked over at me with his smile, "Man am I hungry. Lets hurry up and get into town so we can wax on some food."

"Ya ya I know. I could hear you're stomach a mile away." I said while testing if I could walk. It still hurt but I could walk on it without much trouble. It should be better in a few days I thought to myself as I walked over to Apachie, already trying to get to town as fast as possible.

As we walk into town the first thing I notice are all the mares. I swear I think this town has a 5:1 ratio between mares and stallions. Apachie'll like that I thought. We walk over to what seemed to be a cafe and sat down.

A waiter came up and said, "Good afternoon gentlecolts. What would you like today?"

I looked down at the menu while behind I could hear Apachie going off. "Ya can I have three hayburgers, two orders of hay fries, four salads and three lemonades."

I looked up to see the complex look on the waiter's face, part amazed, part replused, part happy about the amount the tip would be.

"I'll have a hay burger, a salad and a lemonade." I said handing the menu over to the waiter.

He walked away with our order heavy one his mind. "I think you freaked him out a bit." I said laughing.

"Hey I can't control this monster of a stomach I have. I have to please it or it'll kill me." He said jokingly.

The waiter came back with over food and let out a grunt when he set out the food. It seemed like the sheer amount of food was hard for him to carry. The waiter left shortly after turning around right as Apachie finished his first hay burger. As we ate the thought came to mind and I figured now would be the best time to bring it into the light.

"So, where do you plan on us staying this time?"

Apachie looked at me with a surprised look on his face and a mouthful of hay fries. He gulped down what he had in his mouth and said, "How'd you know?"

"I'm your bestfriend. I can tell when you're lying. Geez man where are we gonna stay?" I said making sure no one around could hear us.

"Hey man we'll find a place. Don't worry so much I mean come on I'm sure you can work you're "charm" on some mare. I mean hay it seems like this entire town is full of mares ripe for the picking." He said with the biggest grin he's had all day.

"Shut up about that...we got lucky..." I said looking away feeling my face start to burn.

"Ha! You got lucky my friend." He said knowing full well what happened that night.

I kicked him from under the table but it felt like kicking the side of a house. "It's getting dark and we have no where to go because of you."

"If anything we'll just camp out tonight and look around for a place to stay in the morning." He said going face first into his second salad.

I face-hoofed. I knew there was no point in arguing with him because we really didn't have much of a choice. We finished our food and paid, the waiter happy with the size of his tip. It was dark already so we found a tree to sleep in. It was pretty big and right in the center of town to my amazement. Apachie had found a branch and organized some of the leaves into a pillow and fell asleep the second his head hit the makeshift pillow. I found a branch across from him and began thinking to myself, This is the start of our new life...and we're sleeping in a tree.

"Great." I said sarcastically.

I found myself drifting off into sleep and adjusted myself to sleep. With the night I found myself relax from the slight pain from my hoof and let the worries of the day wash away.