• Published 29th Dec 2011
  • 1,391 Views, 19 Comments

My Life In Ponyville - Skitzo Tune



A new life with a friend one can only hope to have. My life in Ponyville begins today.

  • ...
11
 19
 1,391

Insanity

We thanked the Mayor and left her to her work. We walked down the hall and toward the secretary and explained to her what the Mayor had asked of her.

She began to get up from her chair when I stopped her. "Oh you don't have to take us. If you have a map of the town that would be great." I said with a smile.

I didn't want to bother anyone with helping us. We always got by just fine with the two of us and honestly Apachie is a burden only I can handle...most of the time.

She blushed and insisted on doing the task that was given to her, one for the reason of doing her job, two for trying to find out more about the gentlecolt in front of her. "No, no. I don't want to be a bother I know how busy you must get working for Mayor and all. I couldn't possibly bring myself to bother one such as yourself." I said.

Finally she gave up due to the sheer amount of praise she was getting. She hoofed over a map of the town and I proceeded to look and learn. I raised my glasses to get a better look at the map when I heard a small sigh. I looked up to see where it came from, pretending to not know it came from the nervous looking mare in front of me. My light blue eyes seemed to have that effect of people whether I liked it or not.

I looked down at the map and figured out where we were headed. I lowered my glasses down back down in front of my eyes. "Thank you so much for all your help. Do you mind if we take the map with us?" I asked. She just nodded her head. "Thank you again. Apachie lets go."

We walked out the door when Apachie started laughing. "Geez man. Did you really have to show her your eyes? Hay you're the one that told me to slow down a bit."

"I just gave her a small gift." I laughed a bit. "You know me man, I don't like people helping us. And the way she was looking at me before we went into the Mayors' office, I knew she wouldn't want to pass up the chance to spend more time near me."

"Isn't that a good thing?" Apachie laughed.

"Man I have enough on my plate just trying to keep you in line. I don't need anything else right now on my mind. Maybe once we're settled in I'll think about other things." I said with a sigh.

"Oh sure. You're just still caught up on Octa." Apachie said laughing and covering his face. When he didn't feel a punch or kick he lowered his hooves and looked over to me. All he saw was sadness. "Hey man I didn't mea-"

"No, you're right. I still think of her more than I should. She deserved better. I always knew she deserved better..." I interupted. "It hurt knowing that she fell for me and I couldn't do anything to make things better for her. I couldn't do anything for her. She gave us a place to lay our heads. She gave us so much for things to end the way they did...I really am the worst aren't I?" I said looking over to Apachie with a fake smile and a tear running down my cheek.

"Hey man are yo-" he began.

"Lets get going. We need to get to our new home before it starts getting dark." I said interrupting him again. I stretched out my wings and took to the air for the first time in what seemed like an eternity.

He soon followed knowing to drop the subject because it was still hard on me. We flew for a few minutes letting the cold dusk air calm me down. We soon saw a building that resembled a giant cupcake.

As I hovered in place, bewildered by the very sight, Apachie started. "Ya man. That's Sugarcube Corner for ya. When I saw it earlier I started drooling." He laughed trying to lighten the mood.

I hovered lower and lower until I touched down still awestruck. "It's a giant cupcake." I said lightly laughing.

"Hey man its kinda getting dark so why don't we get something to eat from here and we can go home after?" Apachie said with a smile on his face mainly due to the idea of getting food running through his mind.

"Heh, sure why not?" I said still amazed.

As we walk into the cupcake looking building, I'm hit with the aroma of baked goods. They smelled so good I could only begin to think of how they would taste. We walked up to the counter and looked around. I saw a clear case with cakes, muffins, cookies, and you guessed it, cupcakes lining the shelves inside. I look up to see if anyone was around.

I look around confused to see no one was around. "That's weird."

"What's weird?" A voice from behind me said.

I jumped and nearly hit my head on the ceiling and fell back to the ground. Dazed, I look around to see where the voice came from and saw pink. A pink maned, pink coated mare, with a smile so big I swore something was wrong with her face.

"Hello. Who are you? I've never seen you in town before and I know everypony in Ponyville. Oooohhhh are you guys new in town? My name's Pinkie Pie. What's your names?" The mare said faster than I could keep up with.

"Huh?" I said trying to get back to normal. "Well you said something along the lines of Pinkie Pie so I'm guessing that's your name right?"

"Yes! Pinkie Pie is my name and throwing parties is my game! Well I also like baking, and hanging out with my friends and singing and playing hide and seek. Oooohhhhhh are you guys here to play hide and seek?! I'm really good at playing hide and seek. I'm always the last one to be found." She managed to say all with one breath while giggling.

I finally came back to my senses and realized I wasn't as out of it as I thought. This pony really was speaking a million words a minute. "Ummm well my name Red Nightingale and this is Apachie Chief. We just moved into town today and we came in here to get something to eat before going home." I said while getting back up, using Apachie to help.

"Awwww so you're not here to play hide and seek? That's too bad but wait. If you guys are new in town I can throw a "Welcome to Ponyville" party! I can start preparing tomorrow and have it ready by closing and invite everypony in Ponyville to come and party the night away!" The pink mare seemed to never run out of breath.

Oh Dear Celestia. "No, no. You don't have to do that we're just here to get some food and we'll be out of here." I grabbed a couple of muffins and cupcakes and threw them in a bag and threw something around thirty bits on the counter and pushed Apachie out the door. "It was a pleasure meeting you Pinkie Pie but we gotta run."

Watching the door close behind the two new ponies in town Pinkie Pie started talking out loud to herself. "Hmmm, well that wasn't very nice but oh well. I have to start getting the decorations for the party. I wonder where those two are staying. Oh well I'll just ask Twilight tomorrow about those two. Maybe she knows more about them." She merely grinned widely. "Well it's closing time right Gummy?" She said to the baby aligator seemingly apearing out of nowhere in particular. It stood there blinked oddly a couple times when Pinkie Pie said, "You're right Gummy. Lets finish down here and go to bed."

"Holy freaking Celestia!" I said still running from Sugarcube Corner pushing Apachie along with me. "I swear if I was in there any longer I would've lost my mind!"

"I don't know I liked her." Apachie said laughing knowing that Pinkie Pie was slightly crazy. "I think Twilight said something about her being one of her close friends. If she has that party tomorrow I bet Twi will be there."

"Do you hear yourself? You want to go back to a room with that blob of insanity for hours?!" I said loudly.

"Sure seems like it'd be one hell of a party if you ask me." Apachie smiled thinking of the possibilities.

"Well I'd rather not." I said flatly as we walked up to the door of our new home.

I push the key that was given to us by the Mayor through the lock and opened the door. It was dark inside and it was empty but it was rather nice. We walked in and turned on the light. The front door led into a small hall way that then opened up into a big living room. To the left I could see a counter and then the kitchen which had a perfect view to the living room. It had a sink, a stove, and a fridge. I sighed with relief. Atleast we don't have to buy a stove and fridge or else we'd be working our tails off to get this place to be nice. I threw the bag of food on the counter and made my way towards the kitchen. When I walked into the kitchen I noticed stairs and walked up them to see a hallway of doors.

I opened the first door on my right and already knew that this room was going to be mine. It had a view of the center of Ponyville and I could see the giant tree that was Twilights' home and the town library. I looked away from the window and saw a door that lead to a bathroom. I was lucky, my room had its own bathroom. I put down my suitcase in the room and left to go back down stairs. As I reached the bottom of the stairs I could see Apachie already waxing on a muffin.

"Geez man, I hope you left some for me to eat." I said playfully.

"Hey, I left you some in the bag." He said not looking up from the next muffin he was about to destroy.

I walk over to the counter and pull a cupcake out of the bag. I took a bite and found it to be amazingly good. A tad too sweet for my tastes but good nontheless. "So, when are your things being sent?" I said without looking over to Apachie.

I could hear his jaw hit the floor. "Ok you need to stop doing that or else I'm gonna start getting scared. How'd you know?" He asked amazed.

"I saw you didn't bring anything with you. So I figured once we had a place of our own you'd send for you stuff. That's actually a really good idea. This way we wont have to buy as much stuff for the inside of the house and it'll feel more like home." I said finishing the cupcake.

"Ya but I didn't think we'd find a place so soon. Hay man how do you see these things coming?" Apachie said with bits of muffin coming out of his mouth.

"Eh, I don't know myself some times. Sometimes it's obvious, other times it's like a gut feeling. The stuff about Twilight and that are more from experience really." I said looking down.

"I'm gonna prove you wrong about Twi. I can just feel that she's different." Apachie said with a confident grin.

"Ya ya, I know man and honestly a part of me that wants you to prove me wrong..." I said trailing off. "Well I'm full. Come upstairs you need to pick you room cause I already chose mine."

"Alrighty then."

We walked up the stairs and reached the hallway. "The first one on the right is mine which means there are three more rooms that you can choose from. That means that one of the doors down this way must be a restroom. I was thinking about turning one of the extra rooms into a workout room. What do you think?" I said as we walked into the first door on the left.

This room was like a small loft and as we both noticed, looked over the living room. "Ya I'm cool with that. It gives me a place my weights. This room is freaking cool. I could just fly down from here instead of using the door."

"Ya but this room isn't as private since you're basically missing a wall." I said walking out the door and into the hallway again.

"I guess but if I ever needed that I could just go to the guest room if you catch my drift." He said laughing as he was following me.

"Ya ya I don't need you to explain anything." I said.

The next door on the left was the bath room and the two extra rooms where right across from each other. The room on the left would be the guest room and the room on the right would be the workout room. We walked out and Apachie went off to his room.

"Alright man, well we got our new home and I'm excited and all but I also tired as hay so good night man." He said with a yawn.

"Ya man good night." I said feeling the exhaustion from the day catching up to me.

I walked over to my room and Apachie to his. I walked into my room and closed the door. I took one last look out the window at our new home of Ponyville. I let out a final sigh of relief and thought to myself, We did it. I walked over to my suitcase and took out a small picture of my mom and dad and placed it on the floor. I took out an extra suit of mine and folded it into a pillow. I laid down next to the picture and placed my head on my makeshift pillow.

"Good night mom, good night dad. I love you guys." I said softly and fell asleep and let my dreams take me.