• Published 5th Oct 2012
  • 1,356 Views, 24 Comments

Rogers' Return - Enfield



Enfield is going back to Earth, but what awaits him after two years of being confirmed dead?

  • ...
1
 24
 1,356

Beneficial Problems

“I am very disappointed in you Twilight Sparkle,” Princess Celestia said as she paced around Twilight’s library. Only just three hours ago Twilight had opened the Rift once more so Enfield could cross over again, but unfortunately Princess Celestia came to Twilight’s library to see her just as the Rift was shut. Enfield managed to escape to the Everfree forest before Celestia realized who had just came out of the Riftway and figure out what was going on.

“I’m sorry Princess Celestia,” Twilight said, “I just wanted to conduct some research, I didn’t know what I was doing and I didn’t know this was going to happen.”

“I have a feeling that there is more to this,” Celestia said.

“Well, I did use a volunteer,” Twilight replied, “But he left before you arrived.”

Celestia stopped pacing and looked at Twilight, her anger faded and she spoke again.

“Do you know what you have done?” she asked Twilight.

“No, but I’m sorry if I caused a problem and I’ll fix it,” Twilight replied sadly, her ears drooped down.

“I know that you want to learn more spells but you cannot open up Rifts without me knowing,” said Celestia, “I know that your knowledge of opening Rifts is very dangerous, especially opening more than one in less than a day.”

Twilight lowered her head and sighed. Celestia patted her on the back sympathetically, Twilight knew that the princess wasn’t mad with her, more of a slight annoyance from doing very powerful spells without Celestia’s permission. Celestia instructed Twilight to follow her back outside, she wanted to tell her what the opening of the Rift would do if it was left unchecked. They got close to the front door and a faint rumbling came from outside, Twilight opened the front door and couldn’t believe what she was seeing.

“Look what I found!” Enfield shouted. He was sitting on a large metal object with smoke coming from the back.

“What is that contraption?” Celestia asked.

“A Russian BPM-2,” Enfield said as he hopped down from it, “Isn’t this great? I have a small tank now.”

“Where did you get this?” Twilight asked.

“In the Everfree forest,” replied Enfield, “Don’t know why it was there but it was a great find. Lucky there was fuel in it.”

“What is this thing doing here?” Twilight asked.

“I drove it here to show you what I found,” said Enfield.

“This is what I was going to warn you about, Twilight,” Celestia said as she walked up to the IFV, “You have now torn a permanent rift between our world and Earth. This will not be fixable, and since the Rift was opened here, various things are going to drop through to our world. Enfield’s find is good proof of this occurrence,”

“Huh, did you say something?” Enfield asked as he was clambering onto the turret, “Wow, there’s ATGMs on this thing.”

“What are ATGMs?” Twilight asked.

“Anti Tank Guided Missiles,” Enfield replied.

“This is not good for us,” Celestia said, “If the first thing that fell through is this cumbersome machine then that means that more things are going to follow.”

“Wait, so random junk from Earth will end up here?” Enfield asked.

“It seems as if that is what Celestia said,” Twilight said.

Enfield looked down at Twilight and Celestia, he summed up what Celestia had said. Because of him wanting the Rift open and Twilight doing so twice, it had torn the fabric of reality and now there was a high chance of a lot of Earthen stuff ending up in Equestria. As Enfield slowly got into the drivers seat of his new toy a massive grin spread across his face. If he could get a Russian IFV, then he definitely could get himself something much bigger and much better.

“Well if you need me I’ll be in the Everfree forest,” he said.

“Why?” Twilight asked, “What are you doing?”

“I’m going to scavenge whatever I can find,” Enfield replied.

“I hope you know now that we may never open another Rift again,” Celestia said.

“Yes,” Enfield said, not paying much attention, “But if I can get a small tank now that the fabric of reality has been torn, then I might just have a Harrier by the end of the month.”

“Didn’t you hear her?” Twilight said, “You can never go back to Earth, ever.”

“Do I care?” Enfield asked as he shut the hatch on the IFV. With a loud roar of the engine and the squeaking of the treads and the wheels, Enfield span the vehicle around and drove it back toward the Everfree forest, attracting a much bigger crowd than before.

“It’s such a shame that he cannot see his Earthen family again,” Celestia said as she watched Enfield plow his way through a river.

“Do you think that more stuff like that will fall through?” Twilight asked.

“Yes sadly,” Celestia said, “But I have a bad feeling that whatever Enfield will find and bring back will be a tool of Earthen warfare. I hope that he uses them to safeguard us.”

“Don’t worry Princess,” Twilight said, “I know he’ll protect us.”

As Enfield cruised down the dirt road he checked what weapons the BMP-2M was equipped with. Not only were there ATGMs but there was also a co-axle 7.62mm machinegun and armor piercing cannon rounds along with the standard high explosive 30mm rounds. He pulled his iPod out from his bag and plugged a connecter cable to the radio. Enfield felt rather lucky that he had a military vehicle, and not just one that was well armed but one that had a iPod connecter unit in the radio. Enfield found an appropriate song as he plowed through the bushes that surrounded the Everfree forest.

Enfield set about thinking if he should show this to the Crusaders. But he wondered if crashing through the woods in a small tank with “Gangnam Style” blasting out of the BMP’s sound system might not go down well, it already didn’t in Ponyville. On the other hand, he could at least fight on the ground more efficiently. He had a small tank and it was very well armed so he had a good chance against a Hydra if one did show up, but what he really wanted to find was a fighter jet or more anti-air missiles in case a dragon showed up in the town. Enfield chuckled as he imagined an entire army of dragons try and attack Ponyville or Canterlot and he would be in a fighter jet shooing them down or targeting each dragon with a missile and watching each one explode and fall from the sky. The way of Earthen warfare was now beginning to leak into Equestria and Enfield was the only being there who knew how Earthen warfare worked. Enfield crashed through a small grove of trees and continued his search for Earthen military equipment, hoping that one day, he might be able to use what he finds.

Comments ( 6 )

STACHE! :moustache: will there be more to the story? I would love to read about Enfield and Scoots life continuing in Ponyville

1592197
You are not the only one hoping for more :pinkiegasp:

Awesome work! Will you be working on the third story anytime soon? I'm really hoping and expecting to see some more!

1592197 sequel? more Enfield and Scootaloo

Will the be a threqil of the final crusade :pinkiesmile:

When you think about it, greed is what caused his world to turn upside down honestly.

Login or register to comment