• Published 5th Oct 2012
  • 4,500 Views, 381 Comments

In Her Blood - Ardensfax



How much would you give up to rebuild yourself?

Comments ( 50 )

Holy shit! Finally! Thank you so much! I love this story! Thank you sooo much!!!!!

~ Michael

Note: this is my initial freak out. I'll leave a proper comment later when I have time to read it.

Twilight...um...How do I put this?
legalproductivity.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/whoa-300x223.jpg
I'd figured she'd kept a torch burning for Trixie. But I had no idea it was like this. :twilightoops:
I'm not gonna lie. That's pretty messed up.

3637763 Yeah, Twilight in this story has some pretty interesting stuff going on... :twilightoops: all will be gone into in more detail soon enough!

3637822 I saw that this updated and you should have seen my face, I was all like :pinkiehappy: And then I read the chapter..... Oh god my face changes :pinkiesad2: Fluttershy really should warn Trixie about her behaviour.... In any case I was really surprised but happy to see this update, and hope that (Ardensfax this is not a demand... U-unless you want it to be... :fluttercry: ) you make another chapter faster than this one was :ajsmug:

Sharp right into creepy-town in this chapter, and although I really don't like it, I can understand exactly where Twilight is coming from. I'm damn worried, but I'm sure tasty, tasty angst will some be coming, Ardensfax style.

And I'm so excited. So very, very excited.

Note to self: Never become a stage performer that has a lot of confidence, otherwise some crazy girl will want me to indulge her in her BDSM fantasies

WOW!!! I had almost thought maybe this story might not get updated again, that it will slip away into the realms of the forgotten works...

Then you updated, and WHAT AN INCREDIBLE CHAPTER! :rainbowderp:
Just... FUCKIN WOW!!!

This one blew my mind, and I am literally already craving MOAR chapters.

Simply put, welcome back, and this was OUTSTANDING! :yay:

Am I the only one who forgot the important details of this story after months without an update? :twilightblush:

3637822

I am actually very surprised by this turn of events, and I love it!:heart: A part of me is actually hoping Twilight wins, because I want the old Trixie back... at least in part. Maybe merge the two personalities.:trixieshiftright: Then again there is Rarity.:trixieshiftleft:

Also, I share Twilights fantasies.:twilightblush:

Did I mention I'm crazy.:pinkiecrazy:

As someone who has been lost in fantasies sort of like Twilight's before, I can understand some of Twilight's feelings. However... Twilight is clearly mixing those feelings with her obsessive behavior and the latter is fueling the former. She needs help, of course that was obvious...

Fluttershy. Follow your gut. You sense something was off when you Twilight. Write a letter to Celestia, and get Rainbow Dash to deliver it. If she won't, then get two tickets (don't leave Trixie by herself) to Canterlot and tell Celestia yourself.
BTW, Thanks for the update. I am so glad this story isn't dead. So many stories suffer the fate of lost of interest, lack of motivation, getting written into a corner with no way out and/or permanent writer's block. Thank you.:pinkiesmile:

Moar plez? *Puppy-dog eyes*

Now THAT is how you make an update out of nowhere! Love it!!! :pinkiehappy:

Given the latest twist though, why do I get the feeling that 'in her blood' is going to take on a much darker meaning here.... O_O

I thought this story was dead. So glad that it's not:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

Honestly not liking the direction this story is taking twilight. That's just me though, impartially it's a good story, and I'd enjoyed it right up till this chapter.

Sweet merciful Celestia you can write!

I do love this wrinkle, it finally drags Twilight into the mix. And with such darkness!

It's nice to see this continue, been so long I had to reread a bit to remember. I really hope they can get Twi some help before she goes all yandere on the two of them.

Twilight is going off some major deep end stuff, I am kinda scared of what she will do. Oh damn, I just had the most horrifying thoughts about a modified 'Want-It-Need-It' spell.:twilightoops: I almost really hope what is going through my head doesn't come to fruition, because that is some messed up dark shit. Also is this pre or post Twilight learning dark magic?

Yikes, Twilight.:twilightsheepish:

Stars and stones, what a story. Just thought I'd try the first chapter a couple of hours ago, and now I am done. And I want more.
Usually I avoid the "Dark" tag like the plague, but since I read and loves Under the Aurora and especially Shadow of a Doubt, I gave it a try, and I don't regret it one bit.
This is a masterpiece of pacing and characterization in my opinion. While Fluttershy and Trixie get along pretty easy, the story does an excellent job explaining the reasons behind this, and you paint a really good picture of two characters learning about and caring for each other. Every character feels three-dimensional, and they all are presented with struggles and needs, especially the two leads. I especially like their inner conflicts, and how they successfully keep their impulses from doing to much damage, either by dealing with their darker sides or by reasonably handling their emotional outburst, should they happen, and the fallout thereof.
As for the plot, there is not the least bit to complain about. It's character driven, and as mentioned, the characterizations are excellent, and I was (and am) anxious to find out was happens next.
Kind of worried what Twilight is going to do, now.
So thank you, dear author, and I hope there is soon more of it.
And please don't make it too dark, :fluttercry:

Damn. So Twilight has a massive submissive kink towards Trixie.

Only problem is, it's geared specifically towards the Great and Powerful Trixie, not the current Trixie who managed, on her own, to defeat her Great and Powerful persona.

Fluttershy, I really don't think you should just assume that you can leave Twilight like this. At the very least, you should keep an eye on her to make sure she doesn't do anything you'll regret.

Yes! Looks like manipulative Twilight is going to make an appearance! Love the new chapter and welcome back.

You should hear about some of the things Rarity gets up to behind closed doors.”

... Well? Don't leave us hanging, share!
... aaaaand yeah, that's about what I was expecting from Twilight. I'm a little disappointed that I was correct.

Now Twi just has to convince 'Shy to bring out that furious side, and she can have a threesome with two dominatrixes. :yay:

I was originally hoping for a Twixie fic anyway.... I got this instead, and it was even better! But now that there's still a possibility....

Well well well it returns, and with a bang no less! Definitely knew Twi was crushing on Trixe in some way but that was a twist I was not expecting. Bravo good sir, glad to see you haven't lost your touch.:yay:

So, I was correct about twilight. Can't wait to see more. ^.^

Well, my theory on Twilight's behavior was way off... That said, I'm really not sure what I think of where you've gone with this. One one hand, it's not something I've seen before, which is generally nice and makes things more interesting, but on the other, it feels unnecessarily harsh on Twilight and borders on character bashing, which is something I do not accept in the fanfiction I read.

3678407
I must admit, even thought I did somewhat see this coming, the over all feel of it was not so expected. I would not call it unreasonable, only do to that many people have a side they do not outwardly share with others. I think in twilight's case in this story, it was a way of feeling even she herself did not expect to feel, but did anyway, and did not know herself how to deal with it.
All she knew was how she felt, and it seemed to consume her, unfortunately for all involved, in a rather bad way.
Can't wait to see what happens next! ^.^

3638127
Yes, this is true. 0.o
And some do it in hopes of just that reason. Can't say who, I am sure there are though. ^.^

3829482
Given half the stuff I've ever heard of, I'm not going to deny that.

3830046
Given what I have seen and heard of is why I stated it. ^.^
It dose make life interesting however, for those that wish to indulge in such possibilities.
The chance to take advantage of such an outcome, is part of why some do it.
It all depends on how indulgent and encouraging of such things one is.
I cant' say, I have not thought of it for myself at times.
I have to admit BDSM is not my thing ether. But a little RP can make the same old, a little more fun.
I can get down with a little domination play, but whips and chains do not excite me. Nor dose on obsessive person. That can be just scary to deal with.
One just has to be careful of those that might be dangerously crazy. 0.o
I can see why you would not wish to encourage such things with others.
No real telling how someone might be like.

3646576
You sir, have imagination. ^.^

Wow, just finished this story. Took me a day and a half. You sir, can write. My goodness, I haven't seen such wonderful emotional development since Past Sins. Glorious work sir, simply divine. Now, update! :)

What do you call pinkie pie being normal?... IMAGINATION! :rainbowkiss:

Nooooooooo! No new update yet. :raritycry:
I can wait. :pinkiecrazy: I can wait! :pinkiecrazy:

Huh, so that's why this has a dark tag. What I don't get is why they don't grab the mailmare and have her do an emergency delivery to the castle and say it's about Twilight from her friends. That solves the problem of regular delivery as well as getting someone to deliver it. Heck send Dash to get it there faster.

Now I'm really wondering what's going to happen next, since this does have the dark tag. How dark is this story going to get?

Wowza. It's interesting to see Twilight in an antagonistic light. I'm itching to see how this develops.
I definitely don't want to see this slip out of production, it'd be a real shame to see such characterization gone to waste.

Also, I agree wholeheartedly on the whole split-personality thing. It's kinda freaky.
EDIT: Freaky is not bad.
:trixieshiftright::yay:

You were on five days ago and yet there is no update for this! ...Please update?:fluttershysad:

I think this story is dead.

It's a real shame, but I think my favorite writer has finally quit and left us all hanging. I mean the guy hasn't checked his profile in two weeks, so he's either on a really long vacation or he's quit.

4616069
Maybe so, or maybe he has a life outside of MLP he concentrates on more.
I am like many here, just waiting till he adds more. It has been good so far, and getting better.
There are many more stories out there for me to read, so even if it takes him a year or two, to get back to this story. I can wait. We just have to, it's all we can do.

I'm assumin' this'un is dead, then?

-Chessie

4994170
I sure hope not. I am more hopeful that he is not dead!
Not being able to see more of this would be bad. Getting a sense he his gone, would be tragic. :pinkiesad2:

this is dead, right?

Well, that's a hell of a cliffhanger to leave for two years. 100,000 words in, you're finally introducing the conflict that will test the character development Trixie has gone through, and it just stops. Funny enough, though, If this chapter hadn't happened the way it did, I would actually have mentioned the lack of clear conflict. There's a strong undercurrent of pony vs. self, sure, but my feeling is, for the most part, Trixie's conflicts of self have been overcome fairly easily.

This isn't to say it feels wrong; there's a degree of catharsis in troubled characters overcoming so thoroughly, but if she somehow has a relapse, I wonder if you've taken her too far for that to make narrative sense. On the other hand, I can see the other direction, too: Trixie doesn't relapse, despite factors that might encourage it. Either way, you've managed to turn Twilight into the heel for this arc, and I'm not sure how comfortable I am with that.

The other thing I'm pondering is your portrayal of Trixie itself. The concept of masks seems to get a lot of play in MLP fiction, and I can't fault the idea that she's a character that lives with one. But this reformed mare... is this really Trixie? That is, she's changed so much from what we know, that it's only by your sell that I can accept this is the same character. While that certainly says good things about your salesmareship, it's something that nags a bit nonetheless.

I do hope you come back to finish this some day: this may be the Fluttershy/Trixie portrayal I like best.

I have read this story a few times an i love it but please finish it your writing style is dreamlike an i want to know how the dream ends

It's a shame this story may never see an end.

Comment posted by Ketlare deleted Nov 17th, 2018

While I am sad we'll never see Ardensfax's ending to this amazing story I often feel that people focus too much on endings. I myself am guilty of this, at times avoiding old stories with an incomplete tag...but...when I see the last comments lamenting a dead story I couldn't disagree more.

This is one of the most vibrant and alive stories I've read on this site. The journey Ardensfax took us on has been nothing short of incredible and we are now all free to enjoy a resolution of our own imagining.

I cannot wait to go read the rest of Ardenfax's writing and cannot thank them enough for providing us this treasure. I hope whatever they are doing now that they are doing well and don't regret a moment of the time they spent on the stellar writing they've submitted here.

Ardenfax, if you ever read this, if you ever return, I cannot express in words how excited I'd be to see what you create next.

I can only hope this gets finished someday because it is 10 out of 10.

Login or register to comment