• Published 28th Dec 2011
  • 1,759 Views, 30 Comments

A Hero's Story - TheBlackPanda



The world of man has ended, though one has escaped and has made his way to Equestria.

  • ...
10
 30
 1,759

Chapter 4: Tears


"Uh, Kaitlin," I said, trying not to flip off my rocker "How did you get here?"
"Brian made a portal," she said quickly and kinda rudely.
Brian just grinned like the trolling asshole he was.
Shit, did I forget to describe them?
Anyways, Kaitlin was my age. She had blonde hair and cat ears on top of her head. YOU THINK I'M JOKING? The girl had legit cat ears sprouting from her scalp. It was cuter than you'd think.

Her brother, Brian, was black. And I'm serious. We were both very dark skinned. God dammit I leave things out don't I. Anyways, Kaitlin was 16, I was 16, and Brian was 19 going on 20 (the lucky motherfucker was done with high school).
Me, Rainbow, Kaitlin, and Brian just kinda sat there. I looked out the window of the cloud palace, wondering if anybody else lived. There was so much on my mind, then It all shattered when Kaitlin gave me the note.
"Here, Brandon," she said "Your cousin Robert wanted you to have it." I should have known right then, because he would have called me.

Look, B. I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry about all those years of shit I put you through, teasing you and all that. I just needed to tell you that you were one hell of a cousin, even though you were a dick sometimes. I know I won't see you after I write this, so I'll be blunt. I've been sick for a while and they say I won't make it. But I'm not afraid to die. After Mom, Dad, and Katie I'm just done with It all. So keep this note for me, OK?
- Your little cousin
R-

The note ended. I could feel myself shaking. My mouth was burning. And the paper was already soaked with tears. I looked an Rainbow, at Kaitlin, and at Brian.
I couldn't take their stares.
I burst out of the bed. I ran and jumped out the window and flew as far as I could.
Just to get away. Just so they would leave me alone


*********************

Rainbow Dash was not happy. She was forced to watch her boyfriend, the strongest and most stable guy she knew, just break down and fly out the window. That just pissed her off.
"Why would you just make him cry like that?" She shouted at the blonde girl - her name was.. Kaitlin? - sitting down, unsure of what just happened.
"How should I know? I didn't know his cousin was gonna die and give me a depressing note to give to him!" Kaitlin retorted.
"Obviously, you knew something."
"I didn't! Honest!" Kaitlin raised her hands in protest.
"Like hell you didn't."
The two got up and got ready to throw down. Brian shouted at the top of his lungs, in his best demon voice, "SHUT THE HELL UP! BOTH OF YOU!"
The two shut up and sat down, like little puppies.
Brian loved being the oldest.

********************

I sat down on a cloud. They were softer than the best Tempur-Pedic mattress they had at Mor furniture. So soft, that you were afraid you'd just fall straight through them. But they held you up. under any other circumstances, I would nap here. I would enjoy the night sky around me and the cool air. But right now was different. My vision was filled with tears. I couldn't believe my little cousin, who was WAY tougher than me, had died, at 14. I felt horrible. The last thing I had told him was that he was a dumb asshole, and that he didn't need to breed. That he was a dick, and he should die alone.

I hated myself. I heard the voices for the first time in years.

What's wrong? one said.
Don't cry, child. Just hush. Take revenge. the other said.

Hate and Care.

Or, the reason for my poor life.
I wanted to scream. I didn't want them to take me again. I put my hands over my ears and cried out.

"What's wrong?" a female voice said behind me.
I turned to see a blue haired girl behind me. Her hair, to be exact, was more like a replica of the night sky when lit. A deep blue, with stars as well. Princess Luna.

She sat down next to me.
"Don't get all sad. People still love you." She could read my emotions good. I didn't even notice myself thinking that until she said it.
"It seems just that, everything that could go wrong, is. My world. Everything that made me, ME. Is just being destroyed. Eliminated. I don't even know who I am anymore." I said, about ready to cry a second volley of tears.

She wrapped her arms around me. I stayed there. For a while. When she let go, she looked at me. "You have people that care. And to find you, you just need to look inside yourself. Listen to your heart."

I took in what she said. She kissed me on the forehead. It was a pity kiss. I could tell. But when she left, she left what looked like a sword. I picked it up. It was what appeared to be a sword made from the night sky itself. It was a pure black blade, and the hilt glowed brightly. In the center of the hilt, the symbol seemed to be Celestia's sun symbol and Luna's moon symbol mashed together. I'll call it the equinox, I thought to myself.

********************

I flew back to the house. I told everybody about what had happened. Kaitlin was shitting bricks the entire time. She was laughing, enjoying herself. I went back to sleep.
But my mind wanted to torture me.

**********************

I was surrounded by a mass of bodies. I looked at my hands and wanted to vomit. They were soaked in blood. I looked around. The sky was red. The royal castle was falling down the mountain it stood on. The people screamed. There were bodies flying. Then somebody brought me 6 people and forced them down to their knees.
One by one, they were revealed to me.

Twilight, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash.

I went down the line. I looked In Twilight's eyes.
"It could have been different. You could have helped me conquer Equestria. You could have been a hero."

I hit her with all the force I had. I grabbed her by her hair and dragged her. I beat her severely. And then I kicked her in the stomach. Grabbing her hair and neck, I twisted and pulled until her head came off. I moved down the line, executing in a similar fashion.

Once I got to Fluttershy, I lifted her chin and made her look me in the eye. She tried the stare. I just laughed. I began to lick her face and she pushed away. I grabbed her and punched her in the face. She started crying.

"Shut up." I said.

I punched her harder and harder, until all you could hear was her gurgling in her own blood. Then I stabbed her. And she closed her eyes, which were full of tears, and died.

I got to Rainbow Dash. She screamed at me, hit me, cussed me out. I grabbed her arms. Her eyes were full of tears. And I looked her in the eyes the entire time. I beat her about three times as hard as everybody else. Then my beatings went to rage, then anger, then hate, all of which were directed to me. I didn't want to. But I killed them all. She was dead certainly. But then I ripped her apart.

I walked to Apocalypse to get my due from him. He just laughed.
"The joy of murder was your due!" I wanted to kill him. I ran up, and swung at him. He just dodged and then stabbed me in the stomach. He cut left, and right, then I felt a hand ripping things out of me.

*******************

I woke up in a cold sweat. I felt tears leaking out of my eyes. I looked around. The same cloud house. There was a fountain dripping a liquid rainbow. I reached up and touched the cloud wall. It felt so soft, but it was very solid. I smelled perfume. I looked down to see rainbow colored hair. She was sleeping, nuzzled against me. I laid back down and put my arms around her once more.

I could only pray my dream was just a dream and not a vision.