• Published 28th Dec 2011
  • 1,759 Views, 30 Comments

A Hero's Story - TheBlackPanda



The world of man has ended, though one has escaped and has made his way to Equestria.

  • ...
10
 30
 1,759

Chapter 8: WHAT A TWIST

It had taken us a while to formulate a good plan. We were shot on rations, and our spirits were just as low. Me and Luna tried to lighten up the mood, to no avail. Then Darkside had an epiphany.
"I GOT IT!" He jumped up. We all kinda just looked at him.
"Well, what is it?" I asked, getting impatient.
"Brandon, Luna. Can you track his signature?"
"Who's?" Luna asked.
"Apocalypse."
We nodded in unison. "But why?" I asked.
Darkside facepalmed, "Because we're going to storm his hideout!"
"That is GENIUS." Luna said.
"Although it is very risky..." I added.
"Well? Chop-chop! We haven't got time to lose!" He said in a sing-song tone.
I closed my eyes. I visualized his energy, and followed it to it's source. It was in a unhelpful position. I opened my eyes again.
"Well?" Darkside asked, "Where is it?"
I gulped, "Get ready to catch Fluttershy, because he's in Nightmare Moon's palace, in the Everfree Forest."
As if on cue, Fluttershy almost fainted before Darkside was right next to her.
"Hate to say it 'Shy" Darkside said, "But looks like our best chances are at night..."
Fluttershy fainted. Well, this was good.

------------------------------Kaitlin-------------------------

I was sick of Apocalypse! He was a total dick that cared nothing for his army. I wanted him dead, but because of me burning the towns, of course they won't take me back. What was I going to do? I flew over to Celestia's castle. Then I overheard them speaking. They were going to storm our hideout? I figured a great way was to-
"Going somewhere, missy?" Apocalypse appeared next to me, scaring the shit outta me.
"Um, no..." I replied, unsure of what was about to happen.
"Why are you here?"
"I was going to spy on them..."
He gave me a dead on serious-Pinkie-Pie stare before smiling at me and saying "Oh, well! Carry on!"
He whistled Ride of the Valkyries as he flew off.
"Phew... That was close." I said to myself, as I watched them find us out.

At the meeting for our plans, he announced, "Kaitlin, would you like to share what you overheard?"
"I, um, They found out where we were and they're coming at night..."
He faked shock and said, "Quick! Where's our next hiding place?"
"Actually, sir..." I said, quietly.
"Hm?"
"We should fight them..."
"Go on."
"Because, if we don't, they're gonna keep finding us out..."
"FUCKING GENIUS." He said, loudly. And quite sarcastically.
An ex-Royal Guard member raised his hand, "Uh, they have like four people that can kill us easily."
"You know how it goes, kill what you can, let me handle the rest."
"But haven't they beaten you before?"
Apocalypse flinched, but only for a moment, "It was luck. Nothing more. Also we'll have to show our new guest around, won't we?"
Just then, an old man walked up with grey hair, a gray mustache, and a gray goatee. He wore a brown suit and had a smug look on his face. His eyes were more or less, a reddish color. It was odd.
"Welcome!" Apocalypse said.
"I am glad to be here, my good friend."
"It is good to see you, Discord."
My jaw hit the floor, "DISCORD? Aren't you a draconequus?"
"I am."
"They why isn't your appearance all fucked up?"
"I assumed a human form, it is my easiest form to work in."
"Whatever."
But seriously, Discord? This had gotten out of hand. This was crazy!

This was already outta hand. But it got worse, somehow.

Not good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The evacuation team for the main city was finally on it's way to Canterlot. Led by the nefarious and infamous Cutie Mark Crusaders. They did what the nice man told them to in case they saw three red flashes in the sky.
"Once you see three red flashes and the hairs on your neck stand up, prepare to evacuate the city." He had told them.
The Crusaders almost had no time, they worked as hard as they could saving the people of the town, Fluttershy's animals, and Gummy all at the same time. Their rewards were fruitful. They managed to survive this far! They needed to find the bad guys that were causing this, and soon.

--------------------------------Brandon------------------------------------------

"Okay, is that everything?" Darkside said, ready to roll.
"Yeah," Rainbow Dash said.
"Yup, Sure is!" Applejack said.
"Of course." Rarity said.
"All ready to go!" Pinkie said, hair inflated once again as she jumped up and down excitedly.
"Yes..." Fluttershy said, naturally quiet.
"Let's make it happen, Captain!" I said.
Darkside was obviously happy to be in charge.
"Well, let's get the fuck outta here!"
"WAIT," I said, "Where's Luna and Celestia?"
Then Luna appeared. "I'm sorry," She said, "But Celestia is sick, and someone's gotta take care of her."
"Well, that sucks..." Darkside said.
I went back to give my mom a goodbye hug. She kissed me on the forehead.
"Come back safe." She said. I heard laughing and Darkside making his traditional gagging noises behind me.
"I will, Mom," I said.
She let me go. I jogged back to the group as Darkside and Twilight prepared a teleportation spell.
"Dude, you can do magic?" I asked, unsure of how that worked.
"Actually, magic and our light powers are derivatives of each other." Darkside said.
"Well, who would've thought it!" I shrugged.
Then we teleported.
The shit felt weird. Imagine having your body slowly disassembled. Then imagine it traveling at light speed. Now put your body back together. Not very fun. Then we were standing in the Everfree Forest. Fluttershy squeaked. We walked toward the palace. I looked back to see Darkside slip his hand into Fluttershy's. The slick bastard. Then we arrived. It was big. It was scary as hell. We walked inside. I could hear this crazy, but epic song playing. It was time to kick some ass.

We're about to take Equestria back.

Once and for all!