• Published 2nd Oct 2012
  • 1,001 Views, 40 Comments

Pipers Tale - Saro0fdemonz



Just where was Piper for all those years? We're about to find out

  • ...
8
 40
 1,001

The Filly and the Beast Part 2

"Oh Piper..." Strawberry said softly, pulling the pegasus close.

"What?" Nova asked, looking at him confused. Outwardly nothing had changed. Piper was just as he had been a moment ago while continuing his story.

"That filly...oh Piper I'm so sorry..."

"No...apologizing won't fix anything."

"Piper...ya'll did save that lil filly didn't ya?" Sunburst asked softly. Piper looked over at her, his silence answering any questions that might have come from his friends.

"What good is a pony who can't keep his word?" Piper asked no one in particular, hanging his head.

"I tried...I really did try...but I should have tried harder...I should have saved her...She needed me and I failed"


"Whats going on? are we under attack?" Celestia asked as she spotted Piper angrily making his way out of camp.

"No." he said, continuing on.

"He's gone mad Princess. The filly, Cherry Blossom was taken from us." He gave the note to Celestia who turned in time to catch Piper spreading his wings as he stood at the hill top.

"Loyalty wait! It has to be a trap! Just like before. If you go he will kill you."

"Princess...His archers nailed my wing to the ground in that first fight. Look at it." He flicked his wing.

"All that's left is a scar. I nearly tore it in two. A month ago I took a claw to the throat." he lifted his head, showing a scar across his throat.

"And a few days ago I took a blade to the heart. Yet here I am." he leapt off the hill and snapped his wings, rolling in the air several times before blasting forward with a massive boom, leaving the camp shaken by his departure.

"What is he Princess?" A'ios asked softly.

"He's..."


"Nuts." Amethyst said simply.

"Amethyst!" Emerald glared at him.

"He is. Harmony heals him up a couple of times and he thinks he's immortal and can do whatever the buck he wants." Before anyone could even blink Piper had drawn his hoofblade and pushed it into his throat, his body falling limp to the ground.

"PIPER!" Strawberry screamed, staring at his body in horror and shock. Slowly Pipers eyes opened. His body sat up and the hoofblade fell from his neck. The rip left behind began to close, leaving them sitting there and watching. The only sign left that anything had happened was a new scar and the blood soaking into his coat.

"I'm not immortal, I can't do whatever I want. For the longest time...all I wanted was to die." Amethyst tackled Piper to the ground.

"WHAT THE BUCK DID YOU DO THAT FOR?!"

"I needed to prove a point Amethyst."

"That you're nuts?! Yea I figured that out already, just look what you did to Berry!" Piper turned his head, looking at the young zebra. Her eyes were locked on the spot Piper had been sitting when he had 'killed' himself. She hadn't moved from the same shocked expression, hooves over her mouth, eyes wide and tears streaming down her cheeks nonstop. Amethyst yanked Piper to his hooves.

"Help her." he demanded, taking the hoofblade away from the pegasus as he pushed him toward Strawberry Swirl.

"Berry...Look at me, I'm ok." he said softly.

"Piper...what did they do to you...I...I know its gotta be horrible but...I need to know..." Piper looked up at Celestia.

"They tried to break me."


He had to save her. He should have been watching after her, he should have kept her safe. All these thoughts filled his head as he made his way across old battlefields, still soiled with the stench of war. He barely noticed, having grown use to the scent. It was a frightening thought when he awoke in the morning and found it strange he couldn't smell blood. Each step brought him closer to his goal, closer to the Gryphon camp, Closer to Monoclos. His ears flicked as he heard voices, quickly lowering himself behind the nearest boulder and straining his ears to make out the voices.

"They say its the Element itself come to life and it can't be killed."

"You're an idiot for believing all of that. He's just a pegasus that got lucky."

"He went hoof to claw with the king and came out with just a scratch!" the first Gryphon argued.

"Like I said, lucky. From what I heard he's just a kid parading around wearing some fancy little necklace he got from Celestia."

"I'm tellin ya. He ain't a normal pegasus. He's just a thing, a weapon."

"Heh, you almost sound scared. Are you gonna run away and join Celestia?" the second gryphon teased.

"HA! When tartarus freezes over! If I saw that freak right now I'd rip his head off!" Piper grinned a little to himself. It was time to send a message. He snuck around the boulder, keeping his body low. He looked around for the Gryphons he had heard, quickly spotting them not too far away.

"Yea right. You were almost sick when you saw what they did to that other Pegasus." Piper froze.

"Well...you saw her wings. She keeps screamin for her big brother and a promise and they just stomp all over her. I understand she's the enemy but that...that's just cruel." the first said. The second decked him and glared.

"That's how the world is, its cruel and that's how we survive." Piper had heard enough. He leapt from his place in the shadows, tackling the second Gryphon to the ground, holding his blade at his throat for a moment and looking into his eyes. He wanted the Gryphon to know it was him that ended his life.

The Gryphon reached for its weapon and froze as Pipers blade slipped into his throat and quickly back out again. The Gryphon rolled in place, clutching his throat as Piper stood, walking over to the other Gryphon. He realized the second was much younger than he had thought at first and as he stepped forward the Gryphon began to cry.

"M...My brother...y..you killed my brother!" Piper blinked, looking between the two Gryphons. It made sense now. The older brother trying to toughen up his younger brother to be the perfect Gryphon warrior and Piper had taken that away in one swift strike.

"I'm sorry..." Piper began before shaking his head.

"Where did they take her?" he demanded. The Gryphon whimpered and backed away.

"Tell me where she is!" Piper screamed, causing the Gryphon to cry. The sound drawing several Gryphons towards them. Obviously none of them meant to calm him, they meant to shut him up. But as they rounded the corner they found something much more interesting. A blood soaked Pegasus wearing the Element of Loyalty. In moments the alarm was sounded


They looked at Strawberry in confusion as the mare smiled.

"I knew it! I knew it I knew it I knew it!"

"Berry, what are you talking about?" Piper asked.

"You coulda hurt that little guy. A monster woulda hurt him without having to think about it, but you said sorry!" she said, her smile growing.

"Berry..." he sighed. If it meant she was happy then he wasn't going to argue. But she would hear the truth sooner or later.

"So, oh great and amazing Piper, you got spotted on a suicide mission and fought your way to the girl and saved the day right?" Amethyst said, pulling things back on track. Piper chuckled and shook his head.

"Somethin like that."


Piper tugged and pulled, trying his hardest to pull himself free. He sighed and lowered his head, realizing he was good and stuck. The Gryphon King stepped forward, glaring at Piper with his good eye.

"So Loyalty, you've seen fit to return. Good, you are just in time for the show."

"What show?" Piper asked with a half smile. The Gryphon king grinned, stepping aside so Piper could see a young pegasus mare tied down to a wooden table, her wings stretched out wide and nailed into the wood. Piper could just barely see that they were torn, most likely pulled to the point of ripping out of her back, barely clinging to her body. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she sobbed and squirmed.

"CHERRY!" Piper screamed, he turned his attention back to Monoclos.

"LET HER GO! You have me! You don't need her!" he screamed.

"Oh but I do need her Loyalty. Because she is important to you, because it hurts you when I do this." the king drug a claw through Cherry's stomach, leaving a long trail of blood behind, the pegasus screaming in agony and throwing her head back.

"STOP IT!" Piper screamed. The king smiled, lowering himself to the young pegasi's ear.

"Do you see now pegasus? He cannot save you. He cannot keep his promise. He is useless, weak! As are the rest of your kind."

"No...y..your lying...h..he'll sa..save me..." she sobbed, she glanced over at Piper, begging with her eyes. Pipers eyes met hers and he fought back his tears. Somehow he had to get out of this, somehow he had to save her. He had to keep his promise! He took a slow breath and gritted his teeth, pulling on the ropes that held him. He threw his weight forward, his wings shifting out of place with a loud pop.

He gasped in pain and threw out his wings, snapping the rope and popping them back into place. The King smiled as Piper slipped his hind-hooves free, his fore-hooves still held tightly in the rope. All the while Cherry watched him, a small smile on her face. Piper stopped as a blade rested against his neck. The king slowly walked up next to Cherry, placing a claw against her throat.

"I wonder which one of you will bleed out first." The king grinned, dragging his claw across her throat.

"NO!" Piper screamed and threw his head back, smashing it into the Gryphon behind him. He flapped his wings as hard as he could, dragging the pole that held him to the ground with him as he made his way to cherry, but he knew he was too late.

The King tackled him to the ground, hefting him up by his throat and forcing him to watch as Cherry's body thrashed about, blood pouring from her neck onto the table. Piper lowered his head as Cherry finally stopped moving, her eyes on him, asking him why. Why he didn't save her. Piper felt tears sting his eyes, shaking as King Monoclos held him.

"Good, you've finally broken. You will live for now Loyalty, long enough for Celestia to witness what you've seen."

"No..." Piper said softly.

"What was that Loyalty? You still have some spirit left in you?" Piper threw himself back against the king, roaring as his eyes faded to a bright blue, a spear of ice rising up from behind them and slamming into the kings back, the spear stabbing through him and into Pipers back. The gryphon army stared in shock as the two slammed into the ground with the spear nailed through them.