• Published 2nd Oct 2012
  • 1,001 Views, 40 Comments

Pipers Tale - Saro0fdemonz



Just where was Piper for all those years? We're about to find out

  • ...
8
 40
 1,001

The Filly and the Beast Part 1

The pegasus sat in Celestia's camp, staring at himself, his hooves shaking.

"Is this what you meant Harmony? Did you do this?" he thought aloud.

"Are you alright?" Luna asked as she sat beside him.

"Yea...I'm fine..."

"I noticed...you took an arrow to the wing did you not?" she asked, looking at his wings, seeing a long jagged line of caked blood. Piper flicked his wing, shaking some of it off to reveal his wing was perfectly fine, though a faint scar remained.

"That's...Amazing. Does it hurt?" she asked, careful not to touch it.

"It did." He said softly, keeping his eyes on his hooves. Why was he enjoying it? Being in the battlefield and slaughtering anything in his way, it seemed like he was meant for it.

I've always been this way...before the Elements came into our lives I was just a bully...this is just going up on the ladder...now I'm a murderer.

"Are you sure you are alright Loyalty? Perhaps a bath would help you relax?" Luna suggested. Piper snapped out of his thoughts and nodded.

"Y...Yea. Thanks Princess..." he stood, bowing his head for a moment. The Lunar Princess rolled her eyes and stood.

"You do not have to bow. You are our friend, we would not be here without you or your friends. You can simply call me Luna if you prefer." she said with a hopeful smile. Piper gave a small smile back.

"Sure thing Luna."


Piper had grown accustomed to Strawberry smacking him upside his head, an action that was quickly followed by a hug to etch the message 'I love you but you are an idiot' into his brain.

"Berry."

"Nope."

"Listen..."

"Nuh uh."

"Lemme jus..."

"NO! I don't care! No matter how many times you say it! No matter what you've done! YOU.ARE.NOT.A.MONSTER!" She yelled at him. He sighed and wrapped his hooves around her.

"Maybe we should stop things there for now. I am sure many of you could use some rest." Luna spoke up. The ponies gathered there nodded and stood, beginning to make their way out of the Royal Hall.

"Piper, Amethyst, Nova, Sunburst, Emerald, Strawberry Swirl, please wait a moment. You three as well Hayseed, Penny Apple and Honeycrisp." Celestia said. She wanted each of them to hear their names in turn, wanted them to know they were all important to her. The ponies and kirin looked to their parents who gave a nod before leaving. Only they and the Princess' remained, sitting in silence.

"I understand you want them to hear everything Piper, but i think its best if you skip forward just a bit. Beginning with Cherry Blossom."


Piper awoke to the sound of screaming, bolting out of his tent in time for a small pegasus to crash land on top of him.

"I'm so sorry!" she yelled, scrambling off of him. He shook his head and stood.

"No its fine." he looked up, seeing a small cloud that was perfect for flying on a morning like this.

"You never learned to fly?" he asked. She lowered her head, scuffing a hoof against the ground.

"My parents never got the chance to teach me."

"Oh...I'm sorry to hear that..." he sat beside the filly, gently placing his wing over her. She blinked and looked up at him with tears in her eyes.

"Flying isn't something you learn, its a part of you. Its something you just do. Come on, I'll show ya." He flared out his wings and sat so she could climb on his back.

"Um...are you sure? I..its safe right?"

"Of course its safe." the filly bit her lip before climbing on top of him, her hooves gently wrapping around his neck.

"Hang on tight." he smiled and after a running start, took to the air. He didn't go too high, aiming for the cloud he had spotted moments before and landing gently. The filly fearfully slid off his back, closing her eyes as her hooves touched the cloud.

"Tada. You're walkin on a cloud kid."

"My name isn't kid" she said, pouting and fluttering her wings.

"Well what is it then?" he asked. She smiled and bent her legs.

"Cherry Blossom" she said, leaping off the cloud and rapidly flapping her wings, quickly plummeting to the ground. Piper was quick to jump after her, flicking her left wing with his right. She gasped and threw her hooves over her face. She slowly pulled them away as she heard him laughing, finding herself gliding alongside him and feeling the gentle brush of his wing against hers every so often to keep her in the air.

"You're a crazy little kid you know that?" he said with a smile. She smiled back and giggled for the first time in a year.


"That's sweet an all nephew, but whats it got t' do with whats comin'?"

"Everything...I let myself get close to Cherry Blossom. She had lost everything, her home, her family and friends. All she had left was A'ios and the Princess'. Monoclos had spies, they saw the effect Cherry had on me and when I least expected it...they struck..."


It had been nearly three months since Piper had arrived. Three months of small skirmishes and battles that no one was sure even had a victor. In that time Piper had almost forgotten the monster he had become thanks to a little filly who had taken the majority of his free time learning to fly. Not that he minded. She felt like the little sister he had never had. Someone who looked up to him without expecting him to kill anything, just to be there and smile. It felt nice.

As usual he would go to a hill that had become their meeting place for her lessons. But on this day there was no filly waiting for him. He looked around, expecting her to pounce him or fly overhead trying to do a trick that was too advanced for her. But he could find her nowhere. He slid down the hill and rushed back to camp, quickly finding the manticore who had been Cherry's guardian before he came along.

"A'ios, have you seen Cherry?"

"I had thought she was with you." they both blinked and rushed for the fillies tent, finding it empty and a note resting on her pillow. A'ios lifted it and gasped.

"She's been taken!" Piper quickly grabbed the note and read.

"Hello Loyalty, I hope you are reading this right now and know that it is too late to save your little friend. Oh but did she put up quite the fight. She screamed and cried and even bit me. You should have seen how she called out for her'big brother'. It was almost a shame I had to knock her out. By now the Gryphon King will have her. If you want her all you have to do is go get her and swear yourself to the true Ruler of these lands."

He could only stare at the paper in his hooves, feeling empty and angry at himself all at once. He dropped the note and walked out of the tent, heading for his own and grabbing his armor.

"What are you doing?!" A'ios demanded, clutching the note.

"I'm getting her back." he said simply, sitting down and grabbing hold of his wingblades in his teeth, carefully placing each blade along his feathers.

"You're insane. Loyalty, this is treason, you cannot..I will not allow you.." Piper placed his hoofblade against the manticore's throat.

"A'ios. I'm surprised you aren't suiting up to go after her. You're her guardian! Or is that just some useless term you throw around? Last I checked she was the one caring for you."

"You would betray The Princess..." Piper pushed the blade forward slowly, letting it cut just slightly.

"I would never betray her. But I won't leave Cherry to die. I'm going after her and bringing her back. You can come with or you can wait here." he said simply, sheathing his hoofblade and going back to placing the blades in his feathers. He stood and flared out his wings, each blade shifting with a soft SHING.

"I swear on my life, I will bring her back."