• Published 2nd Oct 2012
  • 1,001 Views, 40 Comments

Pipers Tale - Saro0fdemonz



Just where was Piper for all those years? We're about to find out

  • ...
8
 40
 1,001

The End Begins

AUTHORS NOTE - I recommend reading this with the medium dark setting for text. Gives a bit of feeling to it. This chapter is somewhat half-assed as I'm half asleep, HA see..what I..did..there...AHEM. It'll probably be edited and have more added to it as the next update instead of a new chapter so keep an eye out for that. Anywhozits, enjoy the ''chapter''!


"Pinkie Pie, please watch after them." Nyx said, nudging her children towards the mare.

"No problem Nyxie, me an Braesey will keep an eye on them." The aging mare said with her signature smile.

"If its not too much trouble, could you keep an eye on Namine and Roxas as well? Sora is pretty tough but he's still a guy and he's bound to do something stupid." Kairi said with a small smile.

"Awww, but we wanna help too mom!" Roxas whined, Namine nodded and pouted up at her mother.

"I'm sorry but you two need to stay here." Kairi looked around and leaned down, whispering to them.

"I need you two to keep an eye on things here. Its a super special secret mission for the two of you. Do you think you two are tough enough to handle it?" she asked with a smile. The pair saluted.

"Of course we can!" they said together.

"I'm counting on you two." Kairi turned, nodding to Nyx.

"Riku is in his Training Chambers with Piper and Strawberry Swirl. The last I heard from him about Sora was that he was facing Pipers Nobody." Nyx quickly explained as the two mares took off down the hall, as they ran they came across Emerald and her brother, who were running back to warn the others of what was happening.

A quick nod from Nyx told both of them everypony already knew, both skidding and turning to chase after their friend and mentor.

"Nyx, is Piper going to be alright? Emerald asked as they ran down the hall.

"To be honest Emy I'm not sure. I've never been in that chamber and the first time Riku came out of it he was...well...different." Nyx said worriedly. Amethyst kept quiet, other than a low growl in his throat. Emerald turned her head to look at him, noticing a strange magic field around him.

"Amy...are you ok?" the kirin stopped and spun, rushing into the gardens.

"Amethyst wait!" Nyx called, but the Kirin kept running, spreading his wings and taking to the air. It only took them a moment to spot the target of his rage. A figure resembling Piper with a grey streak in his mane. Sora blinked as the Kirin charged into Xipper, pinning him against a wall. Xipper only smiled.

"Come to kill me again friend? You seemed so eager to do it last time. Do you still hear my screams at night?"

"SHUT UP!" Amethyst threw his fist forward, gasping as a blast of magic sent him flying backwards, ice crawling across his body. The kirin slammed through a wall, skidding across the hallway he had landed in on his back, groaning quietly. Outside, the nobody dusted himself off, turning his attention to the keyblade that now sat against his throat.

"My, My, aren't we in a hurry?"

"Enough games. Talk." Sora said. The nobody sighed.

"Its like this Keyblade Master. This world is on a list, a very long list of worlds to be swallowed to feed Kingdom Hearts. We need the key first. In about ten years time this world will fall to darkness. Either way the door will come to us, some of us are just in a hurry and want it now. So you can let me go and give it to me now, or wait until they all suffer a fate worse than death for us to take it. Its up to you."

"This world will never fall to darkness. Not while I live and breath."

"Oh that is a shame isn't it?" Sora gasped and choked, blood dripping down his chin as something pierced through his back, he faintly heard Kairi scream his name as darkness filled his vision.


"COME ON!" Riku roared, flinging his keyblade at Piper who deftly rolled around it. He was slowing though, the chamber was sapping away his strength and little by little he could feel himself fading away. He scrambled backwards as the blade was stabbed into the ground in front of him. He couldn't think, couldn't react, his body moved on its on with the need to survive, to avoid the keyblade at all costs.

NO! I have to stop running. I need to fight! the pegasus rolled, throwing out his wings as his hooves met the wall and began to run, tilting his wings and flapping them to keep him against the wall as he slowly began to pick up speed. The keyblade continued to zip past him, nearly clipping his wings with each throw. He needed to go on the offensive, needed to slow Riku down somehow.

The earth pony, he'll protect her, attack her and he'll leave himself open to protect her a voice rang out in his mind. He growled and shook his head.

"NEVER!" he yelled at the voice, leaving Riku to stare at him blankly. The pegasus roared and threw himself off the wall, directly at Riku, the last thing he expected. The two collided, rolling across the ground. Piper threw himself forward, grabbing the keyblade in his teeth and flapped his wings, ripping the blade from Riku's hand. He screamed as it began to glow and tumbled to the ground, clutching his face. When he moved his hooves again he was in total darkness. He stood slowly, his eyes scanning the area.

"Riku?...Berry? Anyone?!" he called out.

"Harmony?" though no one answered. He spun, hearing the sound of stone shifting and found pillars standing before him.

"A choice is to be made. Do you stand and fight as the pony you were born to be? Do you run away as the coward you once were? Do you accept the darkness? Do you accept the light? Not all is as it seems young pegasus and not all will lead to a happy ending. There cannot be happiness without suffering. Choose wisely." the voice seemed to fade away. It faintly reminded Piper of someone, but his mind refused to put the pieces together no matter how hard he tried.

He walked forward, watching as objects began to manifest themselves upon the pillars. Slowly each one came down to his level, revealing the object it held. On one sat a glowing sphere of light, on another sat an orb of darkness. On the final one sat his hoofblade, but the tip held the shape of a key rather than the deadly edge he had grown accustomed to. He stepped toward the blade and blinked as it shifted for a moment. He wasn't sure what he had seen, it had happened too quickly.

Not all is at it seems the voice rang out again. He took a step back from the blade.

"This has to be the Keyblade I am meant to use...but..." he looked at the Sphere of Light and the Orb of Darkness.

"If not all is as it seems...I should stay away from it...right? I could use the light to bring happiness...but that would be too obvious...my only choice then..." he turned to the Orb of Darkness, walking up to it slowly.

"Is Darkness? Is that really my fate? Forever lost in the darkness of my own heart?" he chuckled at the thought. He didn't have a heart of his own. Not anymore. An image of his Nobody took form behind the orb and Piper growled. That smirk the Nobody wore. He held onto Pipers true heart. It was what he had used to constantly taunt him. He lowered his head, backing away from the pillar.

"I can't use any of this. All of it is useless!" he screamed, gasping in surprise as a loud CHINK filled the air. He stared at the ground, or rather, the object on the ground in front of him. There in front of his hooves lay a simple keyblade. He brushed his hoof against it and blinked, finding himself on his back, Riku standing over him with his keyblade at his throat. Piper growled low in his throat and swung his hoof to knock the blade away, surprised when he felt a blade around his hoof knock away the key. Piper rolled, standing on his hind hooves and flaring out his wings. Riku only chuckled, his keyblade vanishing. Slowly he began to clap.

"What? Are you impressed I escaped? I've fought for years Riku, you've spent that time being a pampered Prince while I've been suffering and killing!" He shouted angrily.

"Piper, look at your hoof." Riku said, his smile never leaving. Piper slowly let his eyes drift over to his hoof. There wrapped tightly around it and glowing with the brightest of lights, was his keyblade.

Author's Note:

If you have all been paying attention, this now marks seven living beings in this world who have keyblades
"Seven of light, Thirteen of Darkness"
Pinkie Pie(1)Sweetie Belle(2),Scootaloo(3),Applebloom(4)Celestia(5) and Luna(6)And now Piper(7)
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, interesting? yes? no?! Well buck you! who cares what you think! *stomps out of the room angrily*