• Published 2nd Oct 2012
  • 1,001 Views, 40 Comments

Pipers Tale - Saro0fdemonz



Just where was Piper for all those years? We're about to find out

  • ...
8
 40
 1,001

And then nothing made sense

There it was. The thing he had sought for so many years. The object that would end it all and change him back to normal. The Keyblade. Harmony had told him when it appeared she would need him. But now that he had it, where was she? Piper shielded his face as a massive gust of wind filled the room, Riku falling to his hooves, an Alicorn once more. He stumbled a bit, Strawberry catching him.

"You said I'd need to catch Piper, not you silly."

"Sorry about that. I'm fine now, thank you." He stood against the zebra's protests and walked over to Piper.

"You now have a keyblade, but that doesn't make you a wielder. You are still a heartless Piper. The keyblade gains its strength from your heart and the bond it holds with the hearts of your friends. Without that its useless. Remember that." Piper looked at the keyblade, letting it vanish. He could still feel its weight around his hoof.

"Then what use is it?" he asked softly, making his way past Riku. He gave Strawberry a gentle peck on the cheek, a small smile and pushed the doors open, stepping outside and stumbling a bit before collapsing.

"PIPER!"


"SORA! NO!" Kairi screamed. She watched in horror as the dark tendril in his back flung him away from the nobody, his body skidding and rolling across the ground. Kairi flared her wings, tears in her eyes as her keyblade appeared. Nyx put a hoof on her shoulder and shook her head.

"Get to Sora. Emerald, get to Piper. I'll take care of this guy."

"Thank you Nyx..." Kairi rushed to Sora's side, nudging his cheek gently. His eyes slowly opened, dull and empty, though he wore a smile as he spotted her.

"Just hold on Sora." she said softly. He gave a weak nod, closing his eyes once more. Blood soaked his shirt and was beginning to soak into the grass below. Kairi placed her hoof on Sora's chest, her eyes glowing bright green as she began to heal him. She gasped as a dark cloaked figure appeared in front of her. He reached forward to grab her, grunting as a purple blur smashed into him. The two figures tumbled across the ground. A loud roar filling the air along with the sound of a crossbow being fired repeatedly.


"Oh..man my head..." Amethyst began to stir slowly, brushing the ice off his body with a claw absentmindedly. He peered through the hole in the wall, hoping Celestia wouldn't be too angry about it. Though as he looked he spotted a figure below reaching for Kairi.

"Oh no you don't!" he leapt through the hole, tackling the Nobody to the ground, leaping away as bolt after bolt struck the spot he had been in moments ago. He roared, letting forth a massive burst of multicolored flames, the figure leaping aside to avoid them.

"iejir ner caex!" The Kirin screamed as he sliced through his arm with his thumb, the blood rising in his magic and forming several spear-like weapons around him. His eyes glowed as the Ancient Dark Magic of the dragons of old surged through him. Spear after spear flew forward, blocked by the figure easily, though each block sent droplets of blood splattering around. Each drop that touched the figures coat formed into another spear, stabbing into him.

The first found his knee, dropping him to the ground. The second found his wrist, making him drop his weapon. The third found his chest, pinning him to a wall. By now the dust cloud had vanished, Kairi watching in horror as the Kirin advanced on the Nobody.

"You have to stop!" She yelled. Amethyst never heard her as he took a spear in his claw, the blood forming around his arm, forming a blade. He slashed once and never looked back as the Nobody vanished in a circle of black flames, his head the last thing to go, laying several feet away.


Blade and ice met in the sky, again and again, magic struck magic and slammed into the walls around them, coating Celestia's castle in destruction and ice.

"Why Nyx? You know what its like, being lost in the darkness don't you? Your husband knows it to. I'd think you two would be trying to help me."

"You want to take this world for your own. You won't have it." The nobody sighed, dodging her blade and tapping his wrist with his hoof.

"It seems I'm out of time. The key has already appeared and the clock is ticking. We'll meet again Nyx, on another day."

A corridor of darkness appeared behind the nobody who gave her a small smile before leaping through it. Nyx just stared in shock. Had he really just left after all that had happened?

"That doesn't make any sense? Whats the writer thinking?!" Strawberry yelled from below. Nyx shook her head, having no idea what the mare was going on about. It seemed no one did these days. She sighed as she landed, staring at Amethyst with wide eyes as he sat, coated in blood, a large gash in his arm.

"Amethyst! are you alright?"

"I'm fine." he said coldly, wincing as Emerald hugged him. She mumbled a few words under her breath, the gash closing instantly, steam rising from the scar. Strawberry walked over to Kairi, placing Piper down on the ground beside Sora. Emerald rushed over to help Kairi, Amethyst testing his now healed arm.

"Amethyst..."

"Its ok Nyx. I didn't mean to be a jerk. Its the magic talking." he rubbed his head.

"Its why Draconic magic isn't a practiced art anymore." He mumbled, watching his sister heal Sora and then Piper. He smiled a little. The Darkness of their kind couldn't touch her. She was too kind, too pure to be touched by such darkness.


Kairi sighed in relief as Sora opened his eyes again, placing a hand on his chest.

"Damn...this is my favorite shirt." he mumbled. He looked over at Emerald as Kairi facehoofed. His eyes went wide for a moment as he sat up, placing a hand on the Kirins' head gently.

"You have a pure heart..." he said softly. The kirin blushed slightly at the alien touch of a human hand and the kind words.

"Thank you.." She said softly, turning her attention back to Piper.

"Perhaps you and your friends can drag his from the darkness." Emerald blinked, looking at Sora who placed a hand on Pipers head. Sora chuckled quietly as Pipers eyes opened.

"Congrats, you're a keyblade wielder." Sora said softly. Piper merely groaned, rolling onto his side. He closed his eyes once more.

"She isn't there...why isn't she there?" he said almost to himself.

"I don't know Piper. You tell me." Sora said simply. The pegasus sat up and pushed past him.

"Come on..." he muttered. The group exchanged glances before following Piper who seemed to be wandering Aimlessly, dragging more ponies with him as he went.


Piper threw the doors open to Celestia's throne room, gathering ponies on the way there and sitting in front of Celestia's throne. The massive crowd talked amongst themselves, wondering what they had been called here for.

"Listen up everypony! War is coming." collective gasps filled the air.

"The gryphons will march on Canterlot and attempt to take control of the Elements of Harmony. And on that day, Canterlot will fall."

Author's Note:

Pinkie and Strawberry named this chapter, don't blame me
Pinkie: HEY! You asked for our help!
Strawberry: Yea!
Author: You two jumped me at 3 in the damn morning....why am I having this conversation?