• Published 25th Sep 2012
  • 1,854 Views, 62 Comments

They'll never Hear You, if You Don't Speak - ianv64



Axel is a stallion about as shy as they get. He intends to stay invisible, but needs to speak out

  • ...
6
 62
 1,854

You Remember me Right?

I ran home after my shift was over. I yanked the seemingly cursed notebook, and looked near the end. I remember the details. It was said she managed to land, and remain on the ground safely. It was also said that....She remembers me. That's all the reassurance I need. She might be out there somewhere in town. I had to find her. I couldn't run up to her and just blurt out this book. I had to play it cool. "I just went out for a walk. Fancy to see you here." I played in my head. yeah, that would work...

I walked out of my house casually. I walked near Sugarcube corner, to see if Fluttershy was anywhere in the area. Didn't look like it.

"Oh, Hey Axel!" Said a happy sounding voice. It was undoubtedly Pinkie Pie.

"Hey, Pinkie. Your friends were looking for you. One with a Rainbow mane." I said.

She thought for a second. "Oh, yeah! Today was our late afternoon picnic. i promised to be there."

"oh. Okay." I nodded.

"You should come with me. I think you'd like my friends." She suggested. I obviously accepted. I'd never get a chance this easy to catch up with Fluttershy.

"oh. Sure! I need something to do anyway." I said, nervously grinning.

"Alright. Let's go" She began to hop along the trail to the park. I followed


We arrived at the park. Her friends looked at me a little funny since I was unfamiliar.

"Who's this Pinkie?" an English sounding pony inquired.

"This is Axel. He's taking over for the noon shifts at sugarcube corner." She gave me a friendly nudge. I smiled nervously.

Fluttershy looked at me deeply. I tried not to make too much eye contact. When I did, she looked away. Does she remember me?

The ponies introduced themselves to me. Fluttershy was the last of them. She was just as shy as I remember.

We started conversations. wasn't participating too much. Fluttershy asked me a question I was about to ask as well.

"You look sort of familiar...I don't know where though." She said in her soft voice

"Oh yeah, I kinda remember you from somewhere too." Said the rainbow maned pony.

I sighed. I had to spill the beans RIGHT now. "I was in flight camp with you and Fluttershy.. I was with her in class when she got made fun of for being pushed. I was the only other pony who didn't make fun of her. When she went into a corner, I went over to her, and hugged her. I remember her returning the embrace...I was also there when you fell off the clouds. I thought you were a goner. I spent my life trying to forget about you...because...i loved you on the inside. I tried to start conversations, but I was not very social. I was so hesitant to talk to you. When I finally did, I found out that you were shy too. It was a weird feeling. When you fell, I spent days in sorrow, I wrote a novel, and spewed my emotions and stories on paper. I finished writing it a year afterwards. What's weird is, I wrote events that spanned out from being 9...to 16. I made up events that might happen. The weird thing is..everything in that book happened in exact detail. Everything from me being bullied and alone in school, to you surviving the fall off the cloud. It's as if I'm an unintentional psychic or something."

They were all silent, and paying attention to me spilling out my past, and troubles, and the book...Everything.

"I thought it was you." She said, coming closer to me. "I've wanted to find you ever since I fell" In my head, I thought I'd never see you again. I thought, you wouldn't remember me even if I found you."

We were both silent. We smiled at each other, and gave each other a tight embrace. She nuzzled her nose on my neck. The other ponies watched.

"Awwwww!" Some of them said. Pinkie Pie cried a little.

"I love you too..." Fluttershy said... We just met again...It may be happening too fast. But I was still enjoying every second of it...