• Published 20th Sep 2012
  • 15,986 Views, 910 Comments

The Winds of Change - CalmNQuiet



Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle must rebuild their bonds in the midst of a changing world.

  • ...
29
 910
 15,986

Chapter 4

The obtrusive morning light stirred Rainbow from her sleep. She mumbled incoherently in displeasure and buried her face into the warm body next to her.

“That tickles, Dashie...” Twilight giggled in her sleep and pushed Dash’s face away with a gentle forehoof.

Rainbow grunted in protest as she reluctantly opened her eyes and winced—the glare was incredible. Shading herself with a hoof, she crawled out of bed and looked outside. The sparse plains spread out before her stretching as far as she could see. At the horizon, a splendid blue sky met the land—a sky which beckoned her restless wings.

She flung open the window and looked up at the endless expanse longingly. A quick morning flight would feel great. It would feel even better if Twilight was there. She nudged the unicorn lightly on the shoulder. “Hey, Twi. Wake up, sleepy head.”

“Nng...” Twilight yawned widely and stretched out all four limbs. Lazily she opened her eyes and smiled tiredly at Rainbow. “Good morning, Dashie. Why are you up so early?”

Rainbow smiled back in return, her heart pounding in her chest. Heh, she keeps calling me Dashie. I could get used to this. Stepping away from the window, she leaned in and gently nuzzled Twilight above the horn. “It’s been ages since I’ve stretched my wings. Wanna come?” She gestured back at the open window. “The sky is practically calling for me.”

Twilight looked out at the window, catching a glimpse of the clear cerulean sky and then back to Rainbow’s enthusiastic expression. How could I say no? Sitting upright, she rubbed the sleep from her eyes and nodded affirmatively to Dash. “I’d love to come, but are you comfortable with me being on top?”

“Wow, Twi.” Rainbow snickered and winked at Twilight. “I’m going to be honest here. If you’ll come with me you can ride me any way you like.” Completely amused by her own joke, Rainbow crumpled to the floor as she laughed uproariously.

“What’s going on? What’s so funny?” Twilight started to piece together the details, as she did so a blush appeared on her face. “Oh, Celestia, it’s too early in the morning for this!” She buried her face in her hooves.

“Actually, I’ve heard the morning is the best time,” Rainbow chortled gleefully.

“That would explain your wings this morning. Your pinion feathers seem rather stiff,” Twilight shot back.

“Hey! I can hardly be blamed for something I do in my sleep. It was too warm and comfortable.” Rainbow jumped upright as her wings shot into the air in defiance. “If you don’t like it—”

The booth suddenly slipped into a serene silence as Rainbow was mesmerised by the sincerest smile she had ever seen.

“Twi...” she breathed out slowly.

Twilight reached out gingerly with a hoof and lightly stroked it along Rainbow’s cheek. “You’re so amazing when you get determined. Take me flying. I want to soar with you.”

Rainbow swallowed, her ears feeling incredibly hot. “You got it. I promise you a flight you’ll never forget.” She squeezed Twilight’s hoof between her own and pulled her from the bed. “Let’s go.” Opening the door to their booth, Rainbow allowed Twilight to gather her saddlebag and exit first into the corridor.

“Going somewhere?” The question was calm and neutral, but it was still surprising for the two mares as they whirled around, coming face-to-face with the train conductor. Rainbow’s wings opened halfway, conflicted between fight or flight.

If this surprised the conductor, he didn’t show it. Casually, he reached into the pocket of his blue uniform and withdrew a pocket watch. “We’ll be arriving in Appleloosa in about five minutes if you two are getting antsy.” A knowing smile spread across his aged features. “You’re more than welcome to balcony on the caboose. It’s very nice in the mornings.”

Twilight responded first with a smile and a dip of her head. “Thank you, that sounds lovely.” She eased by the conductor in the hallway and headed toward the back of the train where the caboose resided. Following Twilight’s lead, Rainbow relaxed her wings and slipped by the conductor.

The caboose wasn’t impressive. It was dirty, well-used, and it smelled rather fiercely of smoke and sweat. Twilight scrunched up her nose and trotted quickly to the door. Swinging it open with her magic, she escaped outside and gratefully gasped in deep lungfuls of fresh air. The prairie air was crisp and sweet in contrast to the stifling interior of the caboose.

Rainbow scooted up alongside Twilight and spread her wings, relishing the sensation of the wind through her feathers. “This is a great place to take off from. Though it won’t be much of a flight if Appleloosa is right around the corner.”

Twilight leaned upward and trailed the tip of her horn along the underside of Rainbow’s wing, drawing an involuntary shudder from the pegasus. “We’ll get our chance. For now, I want to focus on finding our friends. It’ll be so good to see them again. I hope they’re well.”

The train shook as the sound of screeching brake plates grinded against the heavy iron-wrought wheels of the locomotive. Both ponies at on the caboose instinctively wrapped their hooves around the rusted railing. Loud clanging sounds of rail cars colliding to a stop against one another reverberated down the line as the train screeched to a halt next to Appleloosa Station.

Sighing with relief, Twilight released her grip from the railing. She looked back at Rainbow with a smile. “Welcome to Appleloosa, I guess.”

Rainbow smirked and reared up on her back hooves kicking her forehooves in the air. “Welcome to Apple-looo-sa!” With an extra dramatic flourish of her mane, she dropped down and winked at Twilight. “That’s how you do it. Come on, let’s go! We have friends to find!” She spread her wings and hopped from the caboose straight to the platform. “And I know exactly where Applejack will be.”

Twilight hopped off the caboose onto the platform after Rainbow. Surprised by Rainbow’s assertion of Applejacks location, she eyed her skeptically. “Oh? And where do you think Applejack is?”

“In the apple orchard of course! Duh!”

Twilight nearly face-planted onto the ground. “Ugh, I should have been able to figure that one out. Okay, do you know where the apple orchard is?”

“No, but I can find out!” Rainbow spread her wings and assumed take-off position. “One recon mission coming up!”

She never got off the ground. Twilight grabbed Rainbow’s tail with her magic and gently yanked her back. “Rainbow! Hang on, let’s just check out the town together and ask some pony where the orchard is. Don’t go dashing off on your own.”

“I...” Rainbow faltered. Twilight’s tender expression was all the convincing she needed. “All right Twi, you got it.”

Twilight giggled and released Rainbow’s tail before giving the pegasus a nuzzle. “I love your enthusiasm. Let’s just take it slow.” Trotting ahead, she paused briefly and smiled back at Rainbow, “Besides, Appleloosa has changed a ton. For example, they have an automated tender replenisher.” Twilight gestured upward at the looming black structure near the front of the train hovering to the right of the track on the opposite side of the platform.

A steady stream of coal and water flowed from the refiller into the tender of the train by two separate ports. The entire tower seemed alive. A long conveyer belt stretched from a massive container of coal to the top of the tower. The entire belt was powered by a series of gears which connected back to a steam engine built into the base of the tower. Near the top of the tower, a pulsing pump drew water from the water reserves located next to the coal container and deposited it into the tender of the train.

Twilight gasped as they passed the train. “Rainbow, look at the base of the conveyer belt. Those aren’t ponies!”

Rainbow turned and looked past the front of the train to the front of the conveyer. A large bipedal machine roughly four times the height of a pony was trudging between the coal container and the conveyer belt. An intricate set of gears connected the legs with the main body which possessed a rapidly spinning disc surrounded by three concentric metallic hoops perpendicular to one another.

The top of the body was adorned with what appeared to be a head of some sort. The head possessed a single lens of glowing magical light which seemed to drive the entire automaton. Behind the head, a large gear turned slowly, driving the numerous smaller gears which connected up two a pair of arms. Metallic cables stretched from the end of one arm over the shoulders of the automaton to the other arm keeping the the load of coal balanced. The “machine” deposited its cargo onto the conveyer belt without a sound and turned around back toward the coal container for another trip.

Twilight stood locked in place, her mouth agape at the marvel of technology before her. “I...I didn’t know these were being used. I read a paper about these a few years back about charging magic into mechanical elements to perform simple tasks. But this is amazing. It has all the balance and coordination...” She trailed off, lost in her thoughts.

Rainbow wrapped a forehoof around Twilight and gently turned her away toward the exit of the train station. “Let’s go, Twilight. It’s just a dumb machine. I bet Big Mac could show it a thing or two.” She directed one last forlorn glance at the automaton before trotting ahead into Appleloosa with Twilight following closely behind.

* * *

Braeburn galloped rapidly toward the orange mare bucking apples in the morning sunlight. Skidding to a halt next to her, he reached into his hat and retrieved a letter. “Cous’, I think you should take a look at this.”

Applejack wiped the sweat from her brow and sighed. Looking up tiredly, she grasped the letter with her forehoof and scanned over the writing. “When did you get this, Braeburn?” She winced internally at the volume of her voice and struggled to calm herself.

“Just this morning. I reckon it came on the train that arrived.” Braeburn took a step back after noticing the quivering in Applejack’s rear hooves. “AJ,” he began slowly, his voice pleading.

“Braeburn. No. I’m not going to let it happen again, or my name isn’t Applejack,” she declared with a snort. Her hind legs kicked out at the tree with a dull thud followed by a hail of apples. Buck. The kick hurt. She dropped her rear hooves onto the ground and shook her mane in frustration. “Now help me harvest these apples, we’ll never make it if we spend all day discussin’ when there’s work to be done.”

“But AJ, look at the letter! They’re gonna shut us down. You’ll work yourself to death before you meet their quota.”

Applejack dropped to her haunches and lowered her head. “And what am I supposed to do? Just let them take our farm for this fancy new refinery they want to build? We’re the Apple family, we do the best apples in Equestria.” She sighed deeply and looked up at the sky. “But I guess that don’t matter much in Equestria anymore.”

Braeburn placed his hoof upon Applejack’s shoulder, gently stroking over her fur as he did his best to comfort her. “AJ, what about getting some help with the harvest this year?”

“Even if we got every qualified farm-pony in Appleloosa to come help us harvest—” Applejack stopped abruptly and looked at Braeburn in shock. “You mean the machines don’t you?” She pulled herself up rapidly and leveled a steely glare. “I can’t believe it! My own cousin...offering to sell out our family’s pride because some fancy ministry threatens the way we do things.”

She spat. She could feel the anger boiling up inside of her. This is not the way she wanted the morning to go. “I need to think. If you wanna get help, you’re more than welcome to ask every pony in Appleloosa. But we’re not gonna use those machines.” Her intentions clear, she galloped off into the distance leaving a stunned Braeburn in her dust.

Applejack’s sudden departure left Braeburn all alone beneath the apple trees. His vision settled upon the wrinkled letter laying in the dew-sprinkled grass. The unpleasant ramifications it entailed hardened his resolve. If Applejack wasn’t going to give in, neither would he. Rising resolutely to his hooves, he set off for town. He had an apple orchard to save.

The winding path through the orchard did little to ease his worries as he made his way steadily toward the dusty trail into town. Each apple tree he passed only served as a reminder for what was at stake. He cracked a slight smile as he looked up at the bright green foliage dotted with gleaming red apples. Nature always found a way. Perhaps he would too.

He allowed himself a moment to catch his breath before climbing the steep path up to the plateau Appleloosa was built upon. The arduous incline never dampened his spirits because of the view which awaited him. From his increased vantage point, he could see the expansive orchard stretching to the horizon. It always filled him with pride. Appleloosa always was ready to meet the ever-increasing demand for apples.

Except now. If the letter and past letters were true, the time for Appleloosa’s role in the apple business was over. Instead, the precious liquid which lay beneath the orchard was needed to fuel a revolution of innovation and technology which he could scarce understand. He sighed. The day the survey team from the Ministry found the vast oil deposits was the day Canterlot started demanding more and more.

Their fate seemed inevitable. But, against all odds, Applejack persisted. Her stubbornness and work ethic protected the orchard the past couple years, but he could tell she was tired. This year, the wrecking machines would come and the orchard would be a fleeting moment in history for Appleloosa. As he rounded the final bend up the path, his ears perked to the sound of unfamiliar voices drifting through the wind.

“Are you sure we should show up unannounced, Twi?” The slightly coltish voice triggered a long-forgotten memory in Braeburn’s mind. He unconsciously slowed his trot up the cliffside as he listened in on the conversation.

“Don’t worry, Dashie, the Apples are some of the most hospitable and friendly ponies in Equestria. I’m sure they’ll be happy to see us—announced or otherwise.” Braeburn smiled at the compliment. As he crested over the cliff-face of the plateau, his gaze fell upon two mares he hadn’t seen in years. His gradually slowed to a stop a few feet from them as he tried to gather up his stunned expression. “What...what are y’all doing here?”

“Braeburn!” Twilight smiled brightly and trotted up to the stunned stallion before wrapping her hooves around his neck in a friendly embrace. “It’s been so long! I’m so glad to see you. Is everypony doing well? Oh, I have so many questions! We’ve been looking for the orchard since we got to Appleloosa.”

Overcoming his surprise, Braeburn gently pushed Twilight away and regarded her with a kind smile. “It’s mighty nice seeing you again, Ms. Sparkle. I don’t have time right now to answer your questions. I have a barrel o’ chores to do in town. I reckon’ Applebloom will be pleased to see you both. You should be able to find her at the farmhouse at the end of the road.”

He glanced over at the town on the horizon, hoping the two mares would take a hint. When they didn’t respond, he tipped his hat to them. “So if y’all excuse me, I must be on my way.” Not wanting to be delayed any further, he nodded politely to Rainbow Dash and trotted past her toward Appleloosa.

“Braeburn!”

The sharpness of Rainbow’s voice halted Braeburn in his tracks. He turned and looked at Rainbow. “Yes, Ms. Dash?”

Rainbow reared up on her hooves and kicked her forelegs in the air before dropping down on all fours. She looked at Braeburn expectantly.

Braeburn sighed and shook his head. “Sorry, ladies, not today. I really do have to get going.” Without another word he turned and galloped away.

Twilight turned and looked at Rainbow. “Well, that was odd. I’ve never seen Braeburn so down. What do you think happened?”

“I’m not sure, Twi, but I know where we’ll find out.” She raised her hoof and pointed it at a red farmhouse in the distance. “Let’s go. Something’s rotten here and I intend to figure out what.”

Twilight’s serious expression quivered before completely disintegrating. “Wow, Dashie, that was just awful. No more wordplay for you.”

* * *

It could use a new layer of paint. Twilight eyed the farmhouse critically as they approached the faded white picket fence surrounding the Apple homestead. They continued down the path up to the farmhouse door. Twilight raised her hoof to the door and knocked firmly three times. They both waited.

No answer.

Twilight knocked again, a little firmer.

No answer.

“Well, that’s odd.” She quirked an eyebrow at the door. “Braeburn said Applebloom would be here.”

“Psst...hey, Twi.” Rainbow nudged Twilight in the ribs with her wings.

“Oh, fine.” Twilight grinned at Rainbow. “Dashie, please do a quick fly-by of the farm and see if you can locate any ponies of interest.”

Rainbow mock saluted and winked back. “You got it, Twi! I’ll be back in ten—”

Twilight giggled and nudged Rainbow forward with a hoof. “Enough with the catchphrases. Just go.”

Rainbow stuck her tongue out at Twilight playfully before spreading her wings and taking to the air. She breezed by the windows, soared over the backyard, and finished up with a quick pass over the outlying buildings before landing gracefully in front of Twilight.

“Nothing?” Twilight asked expectantly.

“No ponies anywhere. The whole place looks deserted!” Rainbow shrugged, “Maybe they’re all out applebucking? I know Applejack. She probably was up working at the crack of dawn. Maybe Applebloom went with her.”

Thunk.

“Hang on.” Twilight raised her hoof up to Rainbow’s mouth and gently pressed the soft underside of her foreleg against Rainbow’s lips. “Did you hear that?” She straightened her neck and swiveled her ears slightly from side to side in an attempt to locate the source of the sound.

Rainbow looked confusedly at Twilight. The soft purple fur pressed up against her snout wasn’t helping the situation either. As much as she wanted to help Twilight locate the unexpected sound, she couldn’t concentrate. She was completely lost in a world a nostalgia as the smell of the apple orchard intertwined with the subtle hints of lilac. Resigning herself to her fate, she allowed her eyes to close. And in that one moment, the silence was beautiful.

Unaware of her effect on Rainbow, Twilight’s ears flicked forward in response to the slightest disturbance. She narrowed her eyes and lowered her forehoof gently from Rainbow’s muzzle. “It’s coming from the building over there, Rainbow.” She directed her vision toward a plain red shed built on the side of the farmhouse.

Twilight mentally reassured herself the building was completely innocuous, but she had a hard time convincing herself. The shed’s windows were boarded with well-worn wood and secured in place with nails. The paint covering the wood and nails was hardly visible after years of exposure to the frequent sandstorms which often afflicted desert communities.

She gently nudged Rainbow forward toward the shed before taking the lead. She quietly mouthed “follow me” to the pegasus as she slipped by. Rainbow zoned out. Odd. She dismissed the thought and attributed it to morning drowsiness. Each step deliberate, she carefully paced herself to the shed. She looked back at Rainbow hovering just to her side, her wings beating almost inaudibly.

Twilight pressed her right ear up against the wall of the shed, her eyes narrowed in concentration as she tried to determine who or what was inside the shed.

“Dernit!” came the muffled scream from inside the shed.

Twilight jumped back in surprise, her ear ringing from the sudden outburst. The suddenness of her involuntary leap left her off-balance as her hooves skittered against the dirt. Falling backwards, she landed safely in Rainbow’s hooves. She looked back up at Rainbow. Rainbow merely winked in return.

“Ow! Ow! Ow!” The muffled cries of pain emanated from inside the shed with greater frequency. Suddenly, without warning, the shed door exploded off its hinges. Fragments of wood sailed through the air and embedded themselves in the ground. When the dust and wood fragments finally cleared from the air, Twilight and Rainbow gasped in unison.

Applebloom.

Or, at least, a pony who appeared to be Applebloom. She was about as tall as Twilight and her yellow coat had darkened slightly with age. Her red mane was tied up in a neat bun and she sported a sturdy pair of metal goggles which were strapped firmly to her head. The biggest difference was the complex mix of tools marked on her flank. It was obvious her crusading days were over.

It took a few moments before Applebloom finally noticed the two mares sitting stunned in the dirt. The explosion had scared Dash’s wings stiff which resulted in both her and Twilight landing in a heap on the ground.

“Oh. Hiya, Twi, Rainbow. Didn’t expect to see you guys anytime soon,” she drawled before breaking into a wide grin. “Sorry about the mess, I was just trying out something new. I think it needs a few adjustments.”

She glanced backwards at a pair of metal braces surrounding her rear-hooves. “I’ve never been very good at applebuckin’. But these are going to my secret weapon. I’ll be able to out-buck Big Mac himself once I get them workin’.”

She trotted toward them, her rear hooves clicking disconcertingly as they impacted the ground. Offering a forehoof to Twilight, she helped the unicorn up and then wrapped her in a hug. “It’s so good to see you! When you stopped writin’, I thought you’d forgotten about us.” She turned her attention to Rainbow who was in the process of shaking the dust out of her wings. “And Rainbow! Shucks, how come I never saw you at performances?”

Rainbow stopped in mid-shake and folded up her wings and looked away. “I...got called away for other things during a lot of Wonderbolts shows.” Applebloom stared Rainbow down for a few more seconds before her smile returned. “I guess that makes sense. I’m still happy to see you!” She released Twilight from her hug and grinned. “So what are you two doing in ol’ Appleloosa?”

“Well,” Twilight began slowly, “officially I’m here to observe any unusual weather phenomena to correlate my findings with the research I did in Ponyville. Rainbow is helping me and keeping me company.”

Applebloom tilted her head slightly. “It’s happening in Ponyville too? You’re gonna want to talk to Fluttershy.”

“I’d love to talk to Fluttershy, though, first off...what exactly are those?” Twilight pointed her hoof at the set of metallic braces.

“They look kind of weird.” Rainbow trotted around and leaned her head in. “Mind if I touch it?” Not waiting for a confirmation, Rainbow prodded the right leg with her hoof.

“Please don’t, I—” Applebloom’s right leg jerked at Rainbow’s touch and she landed flat on her belly, all four legs splayed out. “—haven’t quite got ’em calibrated.”

“Rainbow!” Twilight exclaimed.

Applebloom groaned on the ground, her eyes spinning in confusion. “Remind me to adjust the dern sensitivity for the right-leg actuator.”

Twilight rushed forward and helped Applebloom up before casting an angry glare at the snickering pegasus. “Rainbow! She could’ve seriously hurt herself!”

“Aw, relax, Twilight! It’s just a little fun. Besides, she nearly got us killed when she shredded the shed door earlier. I thinking falling over is a little low on the danger scale compared to that.” Rainbow ruffled Applebloom’s mane and grinned. “So, Applebloom, what exactly is on your legs then?”

Composing herself, Applebloom extended her chest proudly and beamed. “This is my latest invention. It gives me the ability to buck apples like Applejack, even though I’m not as strong. All I gotta do is give the tree a kick and these babies do the rest.” She kicked her right leg back demonstratively which resulted in a click from the magical servos as they registered the change in force.

Just like that, Applebloom was on her belly again in the dust. “A-heh...like I was sayin’, it needs some calibration.” Applebloom looked back at the implements on her legs sheepishly before her face lit up and she turned back toward Twilight. “Twi! You’re great with magic! Maybe you could help me calibrate these. The unicorns here in Appleloosa can’t compete with your talent in magic!” She bounced to her feet and grabbed Twilight’s forehoof in her own. “Please?”

Twilight blushed at the compliments and looked away shyly. “I guess I could help, though I don’t have any experience with it. I don’t suppose you would have some books on the topic?”

“Um...well...not exactly. I sorta just go with this gut feeling when I build stuff.” Applebloom grinned at Twilight. “It usually works out in the end.”

“Wait, so you build intricate, tightly interconnected pieces of machinery based on what you feel?” Twilight drew her hoof back as her eyes started to roll into the back of her head.

“Naw, it’s not like that, Twilight! I have blueprints and everything! But it’s not all brainy figures and stuff. I just get inspiration out of...well, somewhere. It’s like magic!” Applebloom gripped Twilight’s shoulders and shook her gently.

Rainbow chuckled and tapped Applebloom on the side with a hoof. “I think you’re going to need to give Twi a moment. You may have temporarily broken her.” She glanced up at the sky and smiled. “To be honest, I totally zoned out too. I’m not exactly interested in all this egghead stuff. Where’s Applejack anyways? Don’t you want to show off your cool invention to her?”

Applebloom hesitated. She bit her lip before sighing long and slowly. “I don’t think Applejack likes it when I work on this stuff. She thinks I should jus’ be out there applebucking until I get stronger. And I do! I really wanna contribute, but a little part of me keeps telling me there’s a better way.”

Rainbow patted Applebloom firmly and smiled. “Look, whatever you’re doing, it’s awesome. Applejack will come around. AJ and I go way back, she’ll understand eventually. And when she does, it’s going to be totally cool. In fact, let me go talk to her.”

“Wow, Rainbow, you’d do that for me? I’ve tried, but I can’t talk back to my big sis. She’s just so stubborn sometimes.” Applebloom’s face filled with a bright smile.

“You betcha. Just point the way.” Rainbow winked and flared her wings.

Applebloom glanced toward the southern part of the apple orchard. “She’s probably out over there applebuckin’ right now.”

“Thanks, squirt. Take care of Twi while I’m gone.” With that, Rainbow was gone.

Applebloom turned her attention back to the senseless Twilight partially leaning against her hooves. “Twilight? You there? Up and at ‘em.” She waved a hoof in front of Twilight’s face. No reaction. “Um...“ Aw, Celestia. If this works... “Twilight, wake up. You’re gonna be late for class.”

Late for class?!

Twilight’s eyes rolled forward as she sprung into action. “Oh, my gosh, I’m going to miss Advanced Leylines and Resonance!” She looked around completely confused. “Wait...this isn’t.”

“Howdy, Twi. Good to have you back in the real world.” Applebloom giggled. “Sorry I had to do that, I wasn’t sure if you were going to snap out of it anytime soon.”

Twilight blushed and pawed at the ground with her hoof. “Sorry about that, my mind sort of locked up when I tried to rationalize your inventive process. So, you said something about calibrations?”

“That’s right! You can help me get these working properly while Rainbow is out getting Applejack. Let’s go, Twilight!” She trotted briskly back toward her shed.

Twilight nodded and followed behind. “Applebloom, how can you act so normal? You haven’t seen me in years. You’re not upset at all?”

Applebloom responded immediately. “‘Course not, Twi. After all, that’s why having friends is so great. No matter what happens, when you reunite with your friends it’s one of the best feelings in the world.”

Twilight gazed off into the distance and smiled. “Yeah, you’re right. I hope all my other friends feel the same way.”

“They will, Twi. Now stop worryin’ and help me with this. I’m feeling extra good today.”

“Me too, Applebloom. Me too.”