• Published 21st Sep 2012
  • 4,699 Views, 244 Comments

Inner Demons: Fragments of Truth - Azure Sandora



Rarity is forced to learn the truth behind Midnight, and her own horrible connection to the past.

  • ...
13
 244
 4,699

Equestria

Equestria: I'll Carry On Your Memory...

"So in the end, she gave her life of her own free will," Faust said, watching her leave.

"She was truly a good pony," Trixie said, "I wish she didn't have to vanish."

"I don't think she did," Faust said, catching Trixie's attention, "You saw it, right? When she opened her eyes, she seemed different somehow."

"Does that mean, that was actually Rarity who-"

"I'm not sure," Faust admitted, "But whoever that was, I know that my daughter is there as well. Who knows, perhaps it was both of them together."

"Perhaps," Trixie said, "Should I return to the life stream now?"

"Actually, no. I rather enjoy your company. Perhaps you and I could even be... friends..."

"You know what All Mother, I'd like that a lot," Trixie said looking down at the planet Terra.

"Please, Azure Sky, call me Faust."

"Very well, Faust. You may call me Trixie then."

"Trixie..."

The two new friends continued to stare down at the planet, knowing that if they were to keep the planet as beautiful as it is now, they would have to act.


Upon waking up back in her room, Luna walked over to her sister's chambers. When she opened the door, she saw her older sister leaning over the balcony, crying tears of anguish.

"Tia, I tried to stop it... but in the end, she..."

"Worry not sister," Celestia sobbed, "I was well aware that things would play out like this."

Luna gritted her teeth and looked away, "I swear it, Celestia, I'll save you! Even if I have to go to the depths of Tartarus in order to do it!"

"Equestria... will be in... wonderful hooves... Stay close to Twilight... please... When it happens, she'll be..."

"I know, sister," Luna said, "I know all about you two. I'll keep her strong."

Luna looked down and shed a few silent tears herself as Celestia continued to sob loudly. There would be time for strength later. Right now, it was time to let one's sadness out.


So this was what her mother called rain?

She had been in Elysium for so long, she had never known what rain was or what it looked like. It was almost like the world was crying.

Vale looked forward and saw a village in the distance. That was what her mother called "Canter Village". The gates were closed for the night, so she'd have to wait until morning in order to see the inside.

Just when she was about to return to Elysium, she saw a filly outside the gate. She was a yellow Earth Pony, and had a red mane and tail. She looked close to Vale's age actually, if not a little younger. She was sitting down in front of the gate, and it looked like she was crying too.

Just like the world.

Vale trotted over to the filly and spread her wing out to shield her from the rain. The filly looked up at Vale surprised.

"What are you...?" she asked.

"I'm an alicorn. My mommy says I'm an angel. Why are you crying?" Vale asked.

"The gate's locked..." the little filly said, "Now I can't get home... It's raining... and my mommy is going to yell at me for staying out too late..."

"I'll stay with you," Vale said, surprising the filly.

"But won't your mommy yell at you for staying out too late?"

"Well, your mommy is going to be mad either way. I don't mind getting in trouble too. I'd feel bad leaving you out here alone. Let's find someplace to get out of the rain together."

The filly nodded and got up. The two of them ran deeper into the forest and found a small cave to rest in.

"I've never seen a pony with a horn and wings before," the little filly said.

"I've never seen a pony that didn't have wings or a horn before," Vale admitted.

"Where did you come from?"

"Elysium, it's a place in the sky. Up there, every pony looks like me."

"Wow, that's amazing," the filly shivered a bit and sat down. Vale sat next to her and wrapped a wing around her, "My name is Bayonet. What's yours?"

"Mommy calls me Vale, so I guess that's my name," Vale said.

Bayonet looked at Vale curiously, "You talk funny, but I like you. Want to be friends?"

"Friends? What's that?"

"It means you and can play together and have fun. I have another friend named Azure Sky, and she and I play everyday."

"Friend... play..." Vale thought about the new words she learned, and smiled, "I want to be friends with you, Bayonet."

"Good," Bayonet said yawning and leaning into Vale closing her eyes, "You and I are going to be... best friends... Vale..."

Friends... what did that mean? Why did she feel like smiling when she heard that word? All she knew, was that she liked Terra.

Mommy would be mad at her, but she'd come back here a lot. She wanted to... play... with her new... friend.


That was my first time here... wasn't it?

Vale materialized in Equestria again after apparently eons of sleep. So much had changed. She knew that this was the same spot she always came in from, but now there was a new village in the distance. That was Rarity's home, Ponyville.

"Rarity..." Vale said looking down and putting a hoof over her heart, "Thank you. I promise I will not use your life in vain," she looked up at the sky as the light faded, signalling the entrance to Elysium closing, "You're wrong though. Your story isn't over. Our story is just beginning."

Vale then began the long trek to the place she would call home from now on. She had a new mission, and this time she would not fail. She would protect Equestria herself, with her own hooves.

She was Guardian Vale. Angel Special Class S, under the direct command of Faust, also known as the All Mother. Her current designation was Guardian of Equestria.

That wasn't all though. A second life existed within her now as well.

You will not be forgotten...
The life you gave me I will cherish more than even my own...

I'll never forget your generosity...
Rarity...

Comments ( 32 )

3194913 Honey, Rarity's entire back story was inspired by Roxas. Thank you though. :twilightsmile:

The pieces have come together, there is darkness is on the horizon, one that could very well make what happen 11 years prior look insignificant. Will harmony be the light able to pierce the dark chaos coming or will it just be swallowed into nothingness?

So Vale is Sora now? Funny, because Sora's theme would never suit her. Feels more like Terra's would even they have like, nothing in common.

Also can I get a Deep Dive for Inner Demons 2 here? :trollestia:

It was almost like the world was crying.

Well I almost am too...

--------

Our story is just beginning.

Honestly, I'm so excited! Dayum! Someone knows how to write!

Sigh... This story was Roxas done right... Bravo...

3195539 But didn't Vale deserve to live as well?

Don't worry, I'm not done with Rarity in this series.

Dammit; these last two chapters have had me crying non-stop.:fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry:
I just....Anyway, this was a damn good story, and from the way it's written IT'S STILL NOT OVER!:pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:
i'M LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT STORY IN THE INNER DEMONS SAGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

If a previous story is necessary reading for this story then I suggest you link to the previous story in the story description.

>looks at cover
>fire ruby
>no spike tag

This was sad. The whole way across, something wasn't right. Hell, I'm not even a Rarity fan and I felt bad for her.

You wrote it all so well. I would have finished it last night if I didn't have to work. I am looking forward to see where you go next and I hope that no pony else has to die or vanish. But I also hope you get more into the ponies from the past. Vale, Azure Sky, Morgana (who is possibly based on Morgan le Fey?), Bayonet and of course Midnight.

YAY!! SOOOO GOOD!! I LOVED IT!

3207952 This story was inspired by Kingdom Hearts. Chain of Memories meets Birth by Sleep.

I loved it, and what I particularly enjoyed, it's that they both have the right to live, but only one can remain, really sad :fluttercry:

3224203 Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth for PSP.

There are also slight hints of Megaman Legends, but not too many.

3227518 Wow, that's a lot of feels...

Well it looks like this story has come to a end, we have come back to the same place "Inner Demons: 10 Years" ended and now we know how Vale has come back, i will have to wait a little while before i can start on "Inner Demons II" since there a lot of other Fan fiction's i need to catch up on but i will try to get to it soon, and i can hardly wait to read it.:twilightsmile:

I can totally see this as a video game.
you fight a bunch and the last one you fight has all of the powers of the ones before:yay:

I WANNA CRY why did Rarity had to sacrifice herself WHY :raritycry:

3600939
Interesting... I must have been on on mobile... and tired... yeh...

Oh my freaking Faust!

No honestly! Some higher being needs to get her story straight before she starts erasing ponies! Jesus freaking Christ! That b***ch is the freaking embodiment of the element of hubris!

And yes... I get that Rarity is the embodiment of the element of generosity... But come on! If you don't manage to pull a miracle out of your plot during Inner Demons 2.0 I'll flip my freaking burgers!

RAAAAAAAARITY!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Okay that's out of my system.... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Okay... now it's out of my system I think.

You do realize I've got to start reading Inner Demons II right away even though it's really late for me over here rite? I'm very much looking forward to see how you make Spike react to this... I mean he's going to hate Vale straight off the bat, that is pretty much the only plausible reaction he can have, she is the reason Rarity is 'gone/dead' so to speak. But at the same time Vale is the reason Rarity existed to begin with?!? Spike is so caught in a Catch-22 it's ridiculous! But no matter what he will probably go completely mental when Vale explains that Rarity is most likely gone for ever so she can exist in her place.

RAAAAAAAAAAARITY!!!!!! No, there was one more apparently....

Okay, have to go read now.... Great story by the way! Really love it... although that depends on what I read soon... might send you a very angry PM if thing doesn't work out the way I want them to... So there! I bet your trembling at your keyboard now!

In the meanwhile, have a nice one! :derpytongue2:

3613019 Oh no, I'm not trembling at my keyboard. Although I am always surprised by how much hatred Vale gets. Oh well...

Don't worry, I have the entire story planned out, and if you look at the character tags in Inner Demons II, one of them is Rarity.

Just sayin...

3613221

Oh, sorry, I'm not angry at Vale at all. Didn't mean to come out sounding like that. None of this is her fault after all.

No, I'm pisst at Faust and her holier than thou crap she's pulling when confronting Rarity. Okay Faust is pretty much God but... she is a really impotent God I must say. All that supposed power and still she can't sort out Rarity with a new body? I bet she hasn't even tried to do so because she didn't like the fact things didn't go according to her plans! B*****CH!!!

Also what I meant with spikes reaction to Vale is just how I would react in that situation myself. If someone came to me one day looking more or less exactly like my beloved with a few enhancements and said:

"Hi there, so yeah... sorry to say this, but the love of your life had to stop existing, or well... die basically, so that I could take her place and do my own thing. So yeah, sorry about that, no hard feelings right?" Vale say trying to soften the blow for the Dragon, but when she looks up she can see a completely crushed and crying Spike.

"Oh don't be like that, I'm sure you'll find someone else to bang eventually, she wasn't real to begin with after all... Okay just stop crying will you! It was my life to begin with! So it's only right things ended up like this... I think... hopefully. I didn't have a say in it anyway so it's not my fault! It was Faust okay! So yeah... have a nice day I guess." Vale says before turning around and slowly walking away while Spike's tear filled eyes follow her.

Might have been overstating a bit here but basically that's what will be explained to Spike when he finds out that Rarity is gone, and I just cant see any way Spike could possibly react in any other way but deep down inside blame Vale a little bit, and most definitely start cursing Faust name rather adamantly from now on.

So what do you think? Food for thought?
ps: Reading Inner Demons II right now and I cant wait to see Rarity again!
ps nr2: You better pull through on your promise with Rarity! Just saying... angry PM otherwise!

3613221

Also Sweetie Bell will probably react the same way as Spike! Forgot to mention that...

I've read Inner Demons and Inner Demon: 10 Years, and they where both great.
But this... this is... it's... wow. Shit. :fluttercry: Sorry I- I just... Shit.
10/:moustache: you magnificent basted!

(sigh)
Look, I'm sorry, really, I am... but I can't get behind how this story ended.
It's just... ...
(sigh)
...bring back Rarity in Inner Demons II?

3707770 Don't worry. Rarity plays a HUGE part in Inner Demons II.

3739706 Yes. This will actually shed light on some of the new characters appearing in Inner Demons II. It would be like playing Kingdom Hearts 2 without playing Chain of Memories. Seriously, me and my sister are still on a friend of ours for that.

:facehoof: He still hasn't played Chain of Memories...

4136999 That's where the inspiration for this story comes from. Also a bit of Birth by Sleep.

4476290 Couldn't find a pony related word.

I'm so glad I found you again, I read "Inner Demons" a long time ago and couldn't get it out of my head and spent a long time searching for it. Luckily I found it. I just reread Inner Demons, then ten years, and now this....Gosh dang it you amazing writer. I LOVE IT! I can't wait to read the next story.

6096277 I hope you enjoy it, and thanks. It's been a while since I updated Inner Demons 2, but I do plan on getting back to work on it.

6096571
Reading it right now, actually, and enjoying it a great deal! ^^

Login or register to comment