• Published 16th Aug 2011
  • 1,583 Views, 8 Comments

The Six Senses - TheRealCelestia

  • ...
3
 8
 1,583

The Six Senses-Chapter 2

Princess Celestia was in her room as Luna wrecked the library, silently regretting over what she has done.She had searched all of her precious books for information about what is happening to Luna. Admittedly, she knew that she didnt have much to work with. She only knew two things, one:Its related to the Evergreen Forest. Two, whatever it is, it is slowly destroying Lunas mind. The Princess closed the book and sighed. “I could have found what I was looking for and not even realized it” she silently thought to herself. “I dont even know whats happening to her. Trying to look for things that I havent a clue about is just foalish. But... I...I need to help her in some way.”

Finally, Celestia's logical side won over her compassionate side and she slowly lowered the book down. Her horn glowed as she levitated it onto her small wooden shelf next to her bed. She got up, walked outside of her bright yellow room, and walked to the kitchen. She was so worried about Luna that she almost forgot lunch. As she walked past the library, Celestia saw fat globs of smoke slinking out of the library and she curiously sniffed the air. Immediately she caught the musky odor of burning oak. She quickly poked her head through the door. Celestias pupils grew 2 times bigger as she curiously opened the door of the library and peered inside.

It was a mess. Hundreds of books lay flaming on the ground, their pages torn and in pieces, and the antique book shelves were burning and cracking under their own weight. And in the center of the chaos, there was a large circular table that was cracked open. Celestia remembered that table. It was a gift from her father thousands of years ago. A large sun was supposed to be in the middle of the table. But now it was in pieces. It was clear to know who did this. Luna. Something in her snapped. Yet Celestia wasnt outraged or even sad. She was....scared. Scared for her sister. As she silently looked around the room she heard one of the royal guards scream for help.

Celestia quickly teleported to the source of the noise with her magic and looked in horror at the carnage around her. Dozens of guards were lying on the ground weak. They looked beaten. Covered with burns and their fur was wet with blood, the former strong,regal, and nobel soldier was reduced to a shivering body, clad in scratched armor. Hundreds more were crowded around something, Celestia guessed it was Luna, in the corner Out of the blue, one of the guards were knocked into her and knocked Celestia to the ground painfully.

Celestia quickly stood up, her left shoulder flooding with pain as her muscles tried to repair itself with magic. But her bone was broken, she needed to rest for this kind of repair. Walking around would make it worse and more painful. But she needed to stop this. As Celestia's vision blurred and faded, her horn glowed with a black tinge. She closed her eyes and lowered her head, all that was keeping her from slipping into sweet, peaceful sleep was the thought that hundreds will be massacred if she didn't do this. She licked her lips, put on a brave, peaceful smile and let her magic loose.

“Princess? Prince
ss?”
“Princess C-Celestia, please wake up..”
“ I..I need you....”
Celestia opened her eyes. Her vision was blurry, but she could see Twilight and her dragon, Spike looking at her with watery eyes. As her vision slowly improved, only Spike had watery eyes. Twilight had tears flowing down her cheeks as she gazed upon the pony she considered her role model and near-mother.

Celestia herself allowed a couple of tears to flow from her eyes as he pulled Twilight and Spike close to her warm body, and as her wings slowly folded over them, Twilight smiled. Celestia was going to be ok. Everything was going to be just fine. As both of them slowly slid out of each others embraced, Twilights curiosity took over.
“Princess...what happened that ended you up in here?”
Celestia bit her lip as she looked around. She was in the royal hospital, and her left front leg was in a cast, also, her horn was surrounded by a wet towel. Celestia gingerly touched her cast and her whole body shuddered with intense pain. Silently she wondered why her magic didn't heal her body instantly. But then her memories came flooding back to her. She remembered Luna, killing or injuring hundreds of guards. She knew she had to stop her. But what she did was unforgivable.
Celestia had used black magic against her sister.
A handful of people knew about black magic, and only half of those handful of ponies could even use it. Celestia was one of them. Her learning of black magic was accidental. As a filly, barely older then Applebloom, she went searching around in her teachers room for something to eat. As she was opening drawers in search for something to chew, she stumbled across an awfully dusty and old book. It was titled, “BM, The Complete Guide”. As the cover was adorned with mystic gems and trinkets, filly Celestia's curiosity got the best of her, and she slowly opened the cover. Not knowing what terrible, and dangerous the spells were, she looked a small incantation labled, “Door to the Netherworld”.

“Huh? W-what?”

“Shh, Spike. Nothing..Are you ok? Do you need anything?” Twilight said as she plastered on a smile.
Celestia herself smiled and slowly shook her head now. She curled up in a small, cushy chair and looked up at her.

“ So...If you wouldnt mind me asking again....What happened that ended you up in her?”
Celestia bit her lip and looked the other way.

“ Is-Is it because Spike is here? I could tell him to leave.”

“ Aw, c’mon, I should know too!”
As Twilight and Spike bickered, Celestia wondered what to do. Would Twilight loath her for actually using BLACK MAGIC against her sister? It doesn't matter, she had to tell somebody. Why not it be her faithful student?

“Twilight. Spike.”, Celestia mumbled.
The duo quickly stopped arguing for a second and looked at Celestia.
“Y-yes Princess?” Spike murmured.
“Please stop arguing for my sake. I...I’ll tell you what happened.”
Twilight stared at Celestia with eyes at big as plates, and turned her ears towards her, while Spike crawled up onto a small green chair in the room and look at her aswell.
Celestia bit her lip as she looked at the pupil and her assistant.
“ T-Twilight...I used Black Magic against Luna.”
Twilights face didnt change, and instead of her eyes flowing with terror and hate at her teacher, they were instead filled with curiosity.
“ Whats Black Magic anyway?”, both Twilight and Spike said to the hospitalized pony.
In her mind, Celestias sighed with relief. Twilight didnt know about Black Magic. If she did, Celestia would have nearly cried, knowing that her pupil experienced the horror's of what Celestia had seen in the book. As she thought about how to explain the terrible thing that is Black Magic, Celestias head flashed back about 1000 years ago.

Filly Celestia could barely contain her excitement. Just like Twilight, when Celestia was young, she had an intense thirst for knowledge. Finding a book that was full of shiny jewels and words that she had never laid her eyes upon, made her squeal. As she stared down the spell called, “Door To The Netherworld.” Unlike now, when she actually read the description of the spell to avoid disastrous results, she simply read the spell with some bumbling effort, and concentrated.
“Aloo, Dijina Lan Dor Ki-”, Celestia quietly mumbled to herself.
“ Uh...Princess?”, Spike called out too Celestia.
“Whu-what?”
“You were about to tell us what this “Black Magic” is.”, Twilight said to her. Celestia's pupil looked her teacher with sadness and terror. She silently wondered why Celestia kept blacking out like that while she was talking to them. Were her and Twilight stressing her out? Or was it a side effect of a few of the medicines of the medicines she was given? Twilight banished the thought from her mind, she knew it wasnt a good idea to stress her out, but the thought of not knowing something would drive her crazy.
“Oh...Yes...Black Magic. Terrible thing, it is.” Celestia mumbled.
Spike frowned and looked at Twilight. She just shrugged and decided that she couldnt tire out Celestia anymore. She could deal with her growing curiosity in the morning. As much as it hurt her, Twilight closed her eyes and mumbled a sleeping spell. As the purple magic began to envelope Celestias still body, she tried to say something, but the magic passed though her pelt, and she slept.
“What?? Aw, c’mon Twilight, she was just about to tell us what this, “Black Magic” stuff is all about!.” Spike said with an angry face.
“ Spike....Look at her! She kept on blacking out whenever she was talking to us, obviously she was in no condition to talk to us!”
Spikes face didnt grow any softer, but he didnt ask anymore. As they were walking out, a nurse pony bumped into Twilight, and both ponies went tumbling to the floor.
“Oh dear! I'm so sorry Twilight! I guess I should look up from my clipboard more!”, the earth pony said as she hopped around, gathering up her papers that were flying around everwhere.
“Oh no Crossbeat! It was my fault! I was just...thinking.”
“Oh really? About what, my dear?”
“Err.....What happened with Princess Celestia?”
Crossbeats smile faltered, and she bit her lip.
“I...I....Ok, fine. Come with me, quickly!”
Twilight simply followed without further question, and as Spike hopped onto her back, he attempted to ask why she was just following her blindly, but he never got an answer.

Crossbeat lead them into a dimly lit room, filled with mops and other janitorial devices. “Okay Twilight...You see...Luna went hydra-crazy today.” Crossbeat said with a grim face.
“Wait, what? What does that have to do with Celestia?” Spike said.
“Spike, let her finish the story..” Twilight said while looking at Spike.
“ Thank you Twilight. So, Luna completly DESTROYED the royal library, then just went on a complete rampage against the royal guards. Then while the guards were being tossed around like dolls, Celestia came in and-”
“WAIT! Why did she attack the library and guards for no reason?!?” Spike yelled out.
“Spike....she’s going to get to that..” Twilight said while face hoofing.
“Indeed I shall. So Celestia just walks in and....something strange happens here. You see, Celestia cast a spell, but it wasnt an ordinary spell. All the guards and even some in Ponyvile, reported coughing up blood, feeling naesous or just feeling an absolute dread in their hearts. Nobody even saw what she did, they just felt it. But whatever it was, it worked. The second she cast it, Luna just went unconscious. It was a good thing she came in at that time! She could have destroyed all of Canterlot if she didnt walk in at that time.
Both Twilight and Spike just stared at her as Crossbeat finished.
With a half-smile, Crossbeat said, “ Spike, you can ask questions now.”
“YES! Okay, okay. So why did Luna attack everybody and the library, and why is Celestia in the hospital?”
Crossbeat looked at Twilight, she asked if she had any questions. Twilight just shook her head, no.
“Okay Spike. We have tried to ask Luna why she attacked, but all she does when we ask, is just put her head down, and say, “ I dont want to hear that word anymore.”, and the reason Celestia is in the hospitle, is first off, because her left shoulder was broken. We dont know the cause yet, but that is the least of our
problems. Um....Celestia’s horn was shattered. Before you ask, no, we have no clue why it broke. But we DO have some hope in restoring it. But its going to take a while.”
“HER HORN IS BROKEN??” Twilight almost screamed.
“ Relax! Unicorns horn can crack open easily if they do a spell that is too hard for them, and we know a way to fix it. But...an ALICORNS horn...We’re testing ways to put it back together, but its going to take at the very least, a week. In the meantime, we can get the leg fixed by tomorrow. Thank goodness she didnt her horn didn't completely break. Fixing her leg would take months without a bit of her magic getting through.”
“I see.. Well, thanks for the information Crossbeat! Can I visit her tomorrow?”
“ Of course you can! She wants to see you anyway! Also, remember, you didn't hear that stuff from me, right?” Crossbeat said with a smile and a wink.”
“ Sure we didn't Crossbeat!” Spike and Twilight said with a smile.
As Twilight, Spike and Crossbeat left the room, Crossbeat muttered something something about doing a surgery on a Pegasus’s wing, and left Twilight and Spike.

“Its getting a little dark...Do you think we should go home?”Spike said to Twilight.

“ I guess so... Not much else for us to do around here. C’mon Spike. Its a long walk home.”
Celestia lay in bed, pain flooding into her left shoulder. In almost 1000 years she hadn't experienced pain, as she was an Alicorn, all injuries were healed before she could feel them. To a normal earth pony, this would be a dull throb. But to Celestia, it felt like molten lava was being poured into her shoulder. The combination of the pain and overall stress she felt, triggered another flashback.

“Aloo, Dijina Lan Dor Kirang Dau-Dan Kie Raun!” Filly Celestia said with joy. As she said the words, her horn began to glow even brighter. It was like a small sun was hiding inside her horn. The words were complex and long, but she continued saying it, with certainty that she was doing it right. The spell was nearly one page long, and the words were becoming harder...but regardless, she kept saying them. “Araongana, Ratenay Yognao. Trappre Gramdi Dei.” Celestia said with dread. She felt sad all of a sudden. And devoid of energy. But something was pushing her along to say those words. She no longer had a will. The words become even worse, and were incredibly hard to say now. “ Rangsantodao, Zrehya Den Tadonraya.” The words became ridiculous, becoming impossible for her to even say. All she could do is try. And she did, until she reached the end. At that point, she lay on the ground, exhausted, from saying the words and the feeling within her. But it was over now. Celestia’s face changed into a giggle, knowing that the worse part was over. It wasn't.
“Finally! We’re home. That walk really drained me. Im gonna go look in the kitchen for some gems. You go ahead and sleep Twilight! Im REALLY hungry.
“Uh..Ok Spike. Dont stay up too long!” Twilight said as she walked into her bed. The oddly comforting sound of Spike eating the gems noisily, and the wind softly blowing over her mane, led her to peaceful sleep.

Comments ( 5 )

I just want to read the next chapter already...

>>Thanks man :) It makes me feel good that at least some people like it. :rainbowlaugh: Also, anything I should change? The second chapter was ALL by me. The first one was a product of nearly 1 month of editing. And sorry, Its gonna be a while for the next one. School is really screwing things up.:fluttercry:

great story, you should take more time to describe the settings

#4 · Sep 12th, 2011 · · ·

4076 whoa, how do you find this? Ahaha, thanks! I really should. I actually have made alot of changes to try and submit to ED. Itll probably fail :)


Oh, and this is the author. I just don't want to login...

4340 Have a little faith, mate--no artist is ever satisfied with their work, but outright pessimism in the description and comments will drive away more viewers than it will attract sympathy.

Login or register to comment