• Published 10th Sep 2012
  • 5,480 Views, 149 Comments

Equestria Noir Case 8 "Scoots and Murders" - Jacoboby1



a kidnapping mystery in ponyville, tells of scoot's past

  • ...
3
 149
 5,480

Epilogue

Case 8

Epilogue

Tailspin’s eyes scanned the panel in front of him. After careful debate in his head he finally nodded on his decision “Cloud 18!”

“Darn it!” Pipsqueak said as he tossed a piece off his board. “You zapped my weather pony!”

“That means I win!” Tailspin exclaimed raising his hooves in victory. They have been playing three straight games and so far Tailspin had won all of them.

“I was only going easy on you!” Pipsqueak retorted trying to save whatever pride he had left.

Tailspin laughed at his pinto friend. The two colts had been the best of friends since Tailspin had arrived at Ponyville. Pipsqueak was also from out of town, Trottingham to be exact, and the two bonded well.

Dinky who was reading nearby raised her periwinkle head at the two colts playing. “You’ll beat him next time Pip”

Pip sighed a little “Tailspin is just way too good at this game”

Tailspin suddenly smirked “Well, maybe we could provide incentive for you to win next round”

“What do you mean?” Pip said with a raised eyebrow

Tailspin laughed a little “Winner gets to kiss Dinky on the cheek”

Pip suddenly turned bright red as Tailspin burst into laughter “Tailspin!”

Dinky covered her mouth with her book to hide her own giggling. Then she looked over at Tailspin disapprovingly “You shouldn’t embarrass Pip like that”

“Yes you three should be doing something else…”

All three of the foals looked up as I entered the living room. They tried to hide the game and book that they had behind them. They gave innocent smiles at me but I could see past the smiles. “Do you three have your homework done?”

All three of them gave guilty looks. Tailspin was the first to speak up “We uh…we’re almost done Private”

I shook my head “I let you three come here because I expected you three to actually get your homework done together”

Pipsqueak looked at me apologetically “Sorry Mr. Eye. It was my idea to play the game and well…one thing led to another”

I sighed “Just get your homework done and then you three can play”

“Yes Mr. Eye” Dinky said with a nod of her head. The three foals went into the kitchen to finish up their work.

I shook my head bemused. I sounded stern but I was actually glad that Tailspin had found friends. Those three always got into trouble together. Tailspin was the ringleader, always coming up with this plan or that. Pip was the right hand pony. The little pinto always stood by Tailspin in whatever adventure they planned. Dinky was the brains of the outfit, she’s usually the voice of reason with her two friends.

So far the three have been a constant presence in my house. I never really had foals in a house I’ve owned before. My apartment was usually empty as Tailspin was usually at the hospital. Nowadays I was lucky if I had at least a few moments of quiet. But, at least it was enjoyable loudness.

I went into my room and used my magic to turn the radio on. A female voice spoke over the small radio.

“Goood Evening Equestria! This is DJ-Pon3 here to bring all the news your little hearts can handle!”

I laughed as DJ-Pon3 spoke so happily over the radio. Her real name was Vinyl Scratch and she ran the radio station known simply as “The Vinyl Scratch” along with her co host Octavia. Funny…I keep hearing of this Octavia, I wonder if I met her somewhere before?

My thoughts were interrupted by Vinyl going on. “We got word from Ponyville that that awesome detective Private Eye, has done it again. Solving a case going all the way into Canterlot nobility itself, a massive conspiracy all centered around the abduction of one little filly” She laughed a little “And I thought my family was crazy”

I shook my head and removed my trench coat and hat. I sat on my bed flat on my belly. It felt good to relax after such a case as this one. I shook out my brown mane and levitated the paper in front of me. I looked over the headlines and saw my picture in the paper alongside Rainbow and Twilight.

That’s when I noticed my answering machine…I completely forgot to check my messages when I got home. I shut off Vinyl who was about to go into a rock anthem for the whole night. I walked to my answering machine and pushed the button.

You have one unheard message a digitized voice spoke to me.

A small beep occurred and I heard a male voice…a male voice that belonged to my father.

“Preventus, it’s me your father I tried to call you sooner but it took me ages to find your new number. How are…*sigh* let’s just spare the formalities. Preventus…I want to just say I’m sorry…”

I wanted to stop the message. He was trying to apologize after what he did?! All that he’s done! All that he’s not done!? I should just delete the message and…

“I’ll admit I was wrong to cast you and Tailspin out of my home…”

He…called Tailspin by name…he never did that.

“It was my fault…I couldn’t accept that you were doing something I didn’t approve of. It was my own selfish greed that drove me to do what I did. I should never have had your mother take Mandrake! I would have both of my sons and my wife if I just let Tailspin come naturally…”

I felt something touch my cheek…

“I don’t blame you if you’ll never forgive me for what I did. I have yet to forgive myself for what I did. But when I saw you getting attacked today…I realized what I was about to lose. I saved you because I love you Preventus…you’re still my son regardless of what happened ten years ago”

Another thing was running down my cheek…

“I realize now I’ve missed so much of your life…your graduation at high school…your first love affair…you becoming a stallion…I look back on my life with nothing but regret over what happened”

Stop it…stop falling!

“When I saw your picture in the papers I was so proud…you were doing something good with your life. You were helping Ponies that others would turn away. I don’t know of any way you could make me more proud of you Preventus. I hope one day you can find it in your heart to forgive me…I don’t deserve it but I can still hope”

You didn’t…damn it! Stop falling! Stop it!

“I love you Preventus…you and Tailspin…I haven’t met Tailspin yet…I hope to remedy that some day…”

You don’t! You don’t deserve to go near him…damn it! Stop falling!!

“Goodbye Preventus…I love you…*click*”

I knocked the answering machine off my night stand. I fell to the floor and just wiped my eyes. Why couldn’t I stop crying!? This man didn’t deserve to be forgiven! All he’s done is ruin mine and Tailspin’s lives! He killed mom! No…did he really?

I crawled onto the bed and pressed my face to a pillow. No…Dad didn’t really kill mom…he was only making up for me wanting to be a detective…

Dad was only doing what he thought was right…He held no animosity towards me and Tailspin…he loved us…

Dad…I’m sorry…

Comments ( 25 )

Aww, Privates emotions will be conflicting a bit in the next case I guess.

Another case closed, job well done!

Also, I now cant help thinking of Tailspin as Michael Corleone, Pip as Fredo Corleone and Dinky as Tom Hagen after you described them.

1292931I was expecting somepony to make a Harry Potter reference not a Godfather reference..:rainbowhuh:

An amazing conclusion to an amazing case, but I was wondering something.

First Private, then Tailspin, and now Raiden. Is it possible that a certain accordion playing pony could move to Ponyville in the near future, presumably with his sister? Of course, an unfortunate something would probably have to happen to their pizzeria for such a change to occur. *wink wink*

1293694You just want the meme to be born!

1293921
I'll admit I do, but that isn't a bad thing, is it? To be perfectly honest, I find Potso hilarious, and would like to see more of him for his character...

Oh, who am I kidding! Must. Have! ACCORDION!

1294030I might have the bitalion pony show up in Ponyville. If I feel he's necessary for the story I'll bring him in. And when he does...there...will...be...ACCORDIONS!!!!!:flutterrage:

1298721Ladies and gentlemen, my critic...I'll see about fixing it soon

1795212I've done a good many things my man, can you be specific?

1795294
A Goofy Movie reference in a MLP fanfic.

1795645Believe me, that's not the craziest reference I've ever made, wait till you get to case 13

dash.ponychan.net/chan/files/src/133546243038.jpg

Almost happened. If i get another ending like that from you then i might shed some. Till then I wait. ALLONS~Y!

2572619 Oh, that Raiden. I completely forgot about him.:twilightsheepish:

2925389This story along with many others have yet to be edited

Wow...another dramatic fic. I can't believe how far racists are willing to go to do such things...especially someone who is incestuously in love with her brother. I'm glad that everything turned out okay in the end. :eeyup:

3418723Hooves don't leave behind smudges like human fingers, so there's a lot I can get away with.

4233703 Okay, I'm going to say out front that I didn't get an editor on board until later in the series, so don't bother pointing out mistakes I made a year ago.

Sweet Celestia this series is Awesome!!!!!

“Goood Evening Equestria! This is DJ-Pon3 here to bring all the news your little hearts can handle!”

Requiescant in pace, Robin Williams:fluttercry:

Have you ever considered working for DHX as a writer?:pinkiehappy:

1292948 wanna know what I see?
Pip: Ed does the dirty work
Dinky: Edd the logical one
Tailspin: Eddy the colt with the plan

7486835 That is a nasty habit of mine I'm trying to iron out, I think it gets better as it goes on but then again it has been a while since I read my own work in great detail. So, all I can say is it's a number of writing issues I've been working on.

3419940
I have to ask, why wasn't Scootaloo phased by her father's death? I know they were poor, but they must loved each other.

8278041
Frankly I believe the real reason is because I was still an amateur, but another potential reason is that they had grown so far apart and Scootaloo so used to hardship in her life that maybe she buried her real feelings on the matter.

Login or register to comment