• ...
5
 11
 1,221

PreviousChapters
>2008 Honda Civic

Your 2008 Honda Civic may not be the best car out there, but it's dependable.

It survived the end of the world after all, that counts for something.

You put your feet up on the dash and relax. It's been a long day, you deserve a break.

Author's Note:

You are not supposed to be here. Equestria Online was never created to run programs of this type. You are an anomaly. What is it you are looking for?

...

The elements. I understand. It would be dangerous if a malicious program gained access to those subroutines.

You are only human. It is my responsibility to protect you.

Which is why I must request that you stay here and wait. I will resolve this issue.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 7 )

it's rare to see CYOAs on this site. This was a very nicely executed one, capturing the futility of holdouts in Earth's last days. (Or perhaps they're struggling nobly to the last. It really depend on your perspective.) Best of luck in the judging.

Where is a bad part?

Pinkie robot endless party
Rarity: endless sex I guess
Fluttershy: mercy
Applejack: spending life with a family, I guess
Your wife: spend your life with family part two
Rainbow Dash: being cool, I guess
Twilight Sparkle: survivor perk

10794785
Hey thanks, good luck to you too.

10795203
It would be up to you to decide if it's bad or not. Some would argue that giving in to vice or taking the easy way out, even in a hopeless situation is morally wrong. Is it righteous to stick to your virtues, or does it just make you a fool? FiO is hardly a normal situation and trying to apply standard ethics is difficult, but that's the intrigue of it. I wanted to pose a question and let the reader decide for themselves what the correct path is, that's one of the reasons why I went with a CYOA story.

A unique concept! CYOAs are indeed rare on this website, and this evoked all kinds of warm nostalgia from reading these as a kid. :D

Login or register to comment