• Published 2nd Sep 2012
  • 728 Views, 1 Comments

Dr Whooves And The Mare Who Saw What Wasn't There. - Paganbrony



When ponies go missing and no one remembers them can Ditzy save the day or does she need a doctor?

  • ...
8
 1
 728

Part Eight: Mindstorm.

Part Eight: Mindstorm.

The Doctor crouched behind a rock at the rear of the trap as he awaited the beast’s appearance; the others were also ready spread out behind cover in front of him, a giant rock suspended above the door with magic.

Silence pervaded the cavern as the group waited for the moment of action.

Moments passed as they waited but nothing came forth, Ditzy and Zecora who were next to the Doctor gave him puzzled looks before a small sound behind them made them freeze.

Zecora spoke first…

“I do believe evil of the worst kind… Sits behind…”

The Doctor slowly turned a forced smile on his face as his eyes drew level with the beasts…

“…W…Welcome…D…Doctor…”

The voice echoed in their heads as the trio scrambled over the rock they were behind just as long red claws swiped at them, Ditzy tumbled on to the Doctor who called out as they fell.

“…CELESTIA!!!”

The royal princesses’ turned at the cry as did the rest to see a huge shape emerge from behind the rocks, tall and covered in slime and mud the beast opened it’s gigantic mouth exposing row after row of sharp teeth in a terrifying roar.

Luna Celestia and Twilight all screamed in unison as they sent the rock hanging in the air crashing down across the room a direct hit on the beast.

All was quiet for a moment as the sudden shock of the beasts appearance wore off, as the dust settled the assembled ponies slowly approached where the beast lay trapped underneath the giant rock.

Its mouth opened and closed it’s breathing erratic and its eye’s flicking back and forth wildly between the Doctor and the Princesses’.

“I knew you were… Here… Doctor… I… Feel… Your mind… …So… Old… …So… Much pain… D… Deli…cious…”

The Doctor narrowed his eyes as he drew closer…

“I can make this easier… For you…”

The creature laughed a choking rattling laugh filled with blood as it replied to the Doctor who stood with a blank soulless stare as he watched it.

“You intend… …To offer to take control of the mindscape… …To ease… My passing… And save my collection… Ah… So many minds… …So much POWER!!!”

The ponies all in a semi circle at this point were lifted off the ground and thrown backwards as the creature lifted the arm not trapped and roared again.

The Doctor hit the ground the same time as the others but springing to his hooves almost immediately he locked eyes with the creature and cried out as their minds met the creature attempting to mentally crush his.

All around the room the comatose ponies sat up as the field began to fluctuate, Ditzy ran to the Doctor as he called her name…

“D-Ditzy… Screw… …My Screwdriver!!!”

Ditzy looked around until she spotted it not too far away lying on a pile of stones.

She launched herself using her wings to help her glide to it but as she reached it the creature despite the Doctors best efforts hit her with a psychic wave.

Lifted once more from the ground she sailed through the air until she hit the wall knocked cold she tumbled to the ground the device clamped firmly in her jaws.

“Doctor… You cannot stop me… The field will… …Heal me… Even if I… Have to use them all!!!”

A mournful wail ripped from the still comatose ponies whose empty eyes snapped open as their bodies arched, their life force their mental power draining away.

“…NNNooo!!!”

The Doctor threw everything he had into breaking the beast’s control but the weight of years, knowledge, stolen memories... Everything taken from centuries of victims beat down on the Doctors mind.

“Do… You… Feel it Doctor… You cannot resist my mind…”

The wind in the cavern started howling even more as the creature intensified its attack but as it did a groaning, wheezing sound cut through the screams and the rushing wind.

“No!!! No!!! What is this!!! No!!! …STOP!!!”

In the center of the cavern fading in and out of reality itself was a giant blue box a blue light atop flashing slowly as the box materialized.

As the box finished its entrance its doors swung open and a golden pulse flowed outward which upon contact with the beast caused it to expand and then explode as the power of the field was reversed onto it.

With one final unified cry the comatose ponies collapsed backwards choking and crying out as they were awoken from the dream state.

the Doctor slumped down to the floor, lifting his head up he could see Ditzy groggily staring back from by the wall her eyes giving a comical slant to her dazed look.

Firmly held in her mouth was the Doctors screwdriver surrounded by a big smile that she held as she laughed the Doctor also joining in as he wiped bits of Silmeragan from himself.

“Doctor… Another minute and it would have been you that went BOOM not the monster in his DOOM.”

The Doctor sniffed as he ignored the jibe.

Zecora like the others were regaining their hooves and picking bits of monster from their manes and coats, the elements all cheered and celebrated as did Luna but Celestia with a nod for her guards to follow approached the Doctor who hadn’t moved.

“DOCTOR…”

“Hmmm…?”

“Leave… …NOW!!! Or be arrested.”

A loud gasp sounded as Luna stepped forward…

“Sister …please … I have questions for him…”

“Absolutely not, he is nothing but trouble and I want him gone from my lands.”

“YOUR lands…?”

“You know what I meant… Dear sister please understand something’s aren’t meant to be remembered…”

As the two sisters argued over what that meant the three guards all surrounded the Doctor, smiling nervously he waved to Zecora who ignored him and continued to help the newly awoken ponies who desperately needed a friendly face at this point.

The elements had joined Zecora in treating the ponies and as the effects of the field began to fade names were remembered ponies recognized tears shed and prayers given.

“…LUNA ENOUGH!!! We will discuss this later for now he has to leave… …This instant!!!”

Princess Celestia whirled back to the Doctor pointing a hoof as the three guards stepped forward to ‘assist’ him in leaving, crashing in a tangled heap the guards scrambled to their hooves as they recoiled in fear at passing right through him.

The image of the Doctor waved about slightly as he grinning childishly at the surprised look on Celestia’s face.

“H-How… What trickery is this…?”

“I’m over here…”

Celestia and the others turned to find the Doctor standing next to Ditzy as he retrieved his screwdriver.

“B-But how did…?”

I’m using what’s left of the residual energy in the cavern to project myself over there in your minds… Moved while you were distracted… Pretty nifty don’t you think…?”

The Doctor barely made it to the Tardis and through the door as Aquilinus Biggs and Wedge thudded into it as it closed.

Celestia howled in anger as her guards slid down the outside of the Tardis, but as it tapered off a small voice interrupted.

“…Doctor…”

Ditzy moved towards the still smiling image of the Doctor sat nearby while next to her pressed against her legs was the small filly the Doctor had found and next to her another young mare with a purplish coat.

The Doctor saw the upset look and teary eyes and hesitated unsure what to say…

“These are my daughters… This is Dinky… And this is Sparkler… I’m taking them home… I can’t… I can’t come with you… I’m sorry…”

“A-Another time perhaps…? I could always pop back in a couple of years…? It’d only take a minute…”

“S-Sure… I’ll be waiting… …Doctor.”

Escorting her daughters towards the center of the cavern with the rest of the ponies Ditzy gave the Doctor one last sorrowful look then turned away a tear in her eye.

Each of the elements waved their thanks to the Doctor as did Zecora, who when the Doctor motioned if she would like to join him shook her head smiling sadly.

Nodding the Doctor inside the Tardis watched on the monitor as the group was magically teleported away by the Princesses and Twilight leaving the Tardis alone in the cavern.

For just a moment the Doctor paused and considered how close he’d been to having a companion to travel with again… A ‘Doo’ to boot, laughing he shook his head remembering the last one…

Snorting the Doctor whistled absently as he prepared to set off, a bit too absently as it turned out because as he flipped a lever the whole Tardis lurched wildly as it entered the time stream.

Holding onto the control deck for dear life the Doctor managed to reach out and reverse the lever before crashing down to the floor as the Tardis stabilized once more.

Brushing off his ruffled jacket the Doctor was putting out the fire on the control panel when a knocking sound came from the direction of the door.

The Doctor blinked… That didn’t happen very often… Intrigued he made his way to the door and stopped before it he giggled as the sound came again.

Opening the door widely and sticking his head out with a beaming grin on his face the Doctor was spun around as he was hit squarely on the chin by what appeared to the Doctor as he keeled over backwards was a grey hoof!

Flat on his back the Doctor was wide eyed as a tall young looking grey mare with a black mane, a pink bow-tie with a white collar and an octave shaped cutie mark stood brandishing the remains of what looked like an instrument between her teeth as she spoke around it.

“WHO DEAR SIR MIGHT YOU BE??? AND WHAT DO YOU PROPOSE TO DO ABOUT MY INSTRUMENT!!!”

“What…?”

“ARE YOU DEAF!!!? I SAID…”

The Doctor panicked as the irate mare went into a diatribe about her instrument and how standards must be lacking if the Royal Canterlot opera house were hiring magicians…
…And how dare he be so inconsiderate as to practice his ‘tricks’ whilst she was preparing for her big unveiling into the world of classical performance!!!

Frowning the Doctor held up a hoof as the mare trailed off as she got a good look around the interior of the Tardis, the mare was open mouthed as she finally realized the problem with scale.

“W-Wait… B-But…”

Using her distraction the Doctor got to his hooves and poked his head out of the Tardis door, sure enough it was slap bang in the middle of the main stage of a rather new looking Canterlot Royal Opera house.

Muttering to himself the Doctor pondered why the Tardis stabilizers had just ‘hiccuped’, after all he’d been aiming for Ponyville plus a few years to find Ditzy and as he tasted the air he realized he was also a century or so backwards as well…

The scream was long and drawn out as it echoed through the newly opened opera house, the candles spread about illuminating the stage flickered as a chill wind blew past.

“I say was that a scream…?”

The grey mare barely had snapped out of her shock at the Tardis as she spun around to scan the room for the source of the disturbance.

“Shall we find out…?”

“Are you mad???”

“No… Why…?”

“You… You use your magic to bring your box thing down on my instrument during my break and then when you hear a bloodcurdling scream you expect me to go hoofing it into the dark with you…? A complete stranger to find out what’s going on…”

Another even more urgent sounding scream rang out as the grey mare pricked up her ears and danced a little on the spot before continuing.

“B-But… W-Well they might need help… A-and I suppose I should go with you…”

“…Safety in numbers and all that… But shouldn’t we fetch the Canterlot Royal Guards?”


“Nah we’ll be fine, besides they would take the fun out of it…”

The Doctor grinned as he stepped from the Tardis turning to her he offered his hoof and gave her a broad foalish grin.

Taken aback by his nonchalant behavior and strangely reassured by his lack of hesitation the mare placed the remains of her cello on the floor and bringing her head level with his she raised her foreleg.

Taking her by the hoof the Doctor beamed as he began running with her towards the sound…

As the pair ran deeper into the auditorium the candles continued to flicker as an unnatural howl rent the night.

THE END

DR WHOOVES WILL RETURN IN…

DR WHOOVES AND THE CLASSICAL MOON

Comments ( 1 )

i loved it, the words themselves weren't the best but the idea behind everything you wrote was lovely, it really made me feel like a doctor who episode- take or give. Hope you get better because it seems you already have a knack for this.

Login or register to comment