• Published 21st Dec 2020
  • 357 Views, 60 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Soldier, Seeker, Eagle - Meep the Changeling



A group of three ponies embark on a quest to save the world... after it's allready been blown up.

  • ...
4
 60
 357
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 21 )

Reading this again because it's a great chapter.

That moment when the chapter ends and you're still gripping the edge of your seat :rainbowdetermined2:

Ah yes, the old "screwing physics though the life of your pilots." Because sometimes your engineer might not hate you, but the world does.
Ash does need his awesome entrance, doesn't he?

Those things should indeed be called Mountain Goats. Four hoof traction!

Nothing like shanking a tank to death then stealing it to kill the other!
Spartans must be crazy terrifying on the battlefield :twilightoops:

Aww, Mint has a crush! Let's hope it goes somewhere before they die they inevitable, painful and likely ultimately futile deaths.

Best soundtrack possible, that one! :rainbowlaugh:
Oh, that fall. Poor, poor Mint :fluttershbad:

The first one to fall. May the blood of 69 enemies pave your way to valhalla, Haybale :pinkiesad2:

Absolutely wonderful! I actually shed a tear when Hay bought the farm.

Hay WILL be avenged!

..right?

10681265 You did? I didn't think anyone would. I made it unexpected and kinda pointless on purpose to have a war is hell message and-- *abruptly remembers your a vet* Oh, right. Realistic death is realistic. Sorry if I made you remember a friend IRL :c

10681299
While I did lose some friends while in the service, it was never in combat. Car wreck, motorcycle wreck, two other motorcycle wrecks (those two lived), but do not blame yourself. It FIT the tale. Well done!

“Yeah,” Blue snorted dismissively. “But you can’t make a two meter jump in an actual ton of armor and half a ton of kit.”

“I’ll bet she could,” the Ranger called down. “She’s got great leg definition.”

Everypony got really quiet for a couple moments.

Haha! :raritywink: Such a connoisseur, our robocolt has become!

10608355
Alden, none of us EVER forget our Drill Instructors! (I know I never will. USMC '78 through '81).

10681326
You too? I lost all three of my barracks mates in accidents during a 'mock war'. Two died when an Amtrack overturned in the surf during an amphib landing. The other I watched from over a mile away, through sniper scope, as he unknowingly walked back into the exercise area, self navigating using only a compass and map, right into the back of a posted mine field. The only other time I've felt THAT helpless was when my best friend's wife gave birth in their car, on the freeway, with a paramedic thankfully... But I could only stand there and hear her pain, and could do nothing. There wasn't even room to fit in the car to help hold her hand. Whatever god(s) may exist, the girl survived her birth and last time I saw her (a decade ago) she was a bright, lovely, and voraciously intelligent 7 year old.

10691169
I know I can't forget mine. (USN Recruit company 78-135 Great Lakes, Illinois) PC1 Sanders and OS1 Martin. 42 years later and I still remember them. (Plus, I found my boot camp cruise book)

Okay I actually wrote quite a few comments (like i usually do) before this point but then I went to check how word was spelled by opening a new tab and when I came back the page refreshed and it was all gone and it's pretty late for me right now and I'm too tired to go back and remember most of them:trixieshiftleft:

“We’re gonna die…” Hay murmured quietly to himself.

That is statistically the most likely scenario yes :moustache:

Remembered this one though :eeyup:

Steth rolled his eyes. “In other words, if we don’t die we get to do even more reckless horseapples more often while sweating in a tin can.”

Sucks being the dependable ones :trixieshiftleft:

“Air conditioned Luna Titanium can,” Captain Shell corrected reflexively.

Oh well, never mind then, hurray for being dependable :trollestia:

10692023 I'm sorry that happened to you. I appreciate the comments :3

We'll make it sixty-nine.

Nice

Just read all the chapters not a bad story so far though I say maybe cut down on the techno dump if you have more in the future a lot of discussions on how to build Ash was getting a bit boring but glad I stuck through it can't wait to see what you have in the future.

10967866
Huh. I mean, I know a few of them were open-source, but there are also a few like GPT-3 that last I heard were still making everyone use an API rather than distribute the full model. Admittedly I haven't checked in a while since leaving college / starting work ate all my time so I may be wrong, but I kinda don't see this changing.

I'm also miffed that Nvidia has managed to make the tech stack for some GPU accelerators closed source as well, but that's a different topic.

Eh, I kinda figured that this was going to be something Lyra wasn't around for. Hopefully nothing precludes them being reunited years later after events in both stories have played out. Well, age might, admittedly, but hopefully she gets some sort of closure.

I'm somewhat curious why Starlight in particular bothers you, compared to other redeemed villains like, say, Discord (not denying she did some pretty terrible stuff, though!). And probably others since my knowledge of the show tapers off after a few seasons...

10967966 There are plenty of CPU onlyones if you want to wait like, days. *but* there's also plenty of open source ones that use NVIDA's CUDA software to use the GPU for this task. If you don't have an NVIDIA card... um well I cna't help you but also why? Creeper, better, longer lasting, and you can sue the AI cores.

I'm somewhat curious why Starlight in particular bothers you

Because unlike those villeins she's objectively evil and crossed the moral event horision and cannot be redeemed and must be killed for the safety of everyone. She took over a town through fear based tactics, forcing people into a cult against their will. The intention and focus of this cult was to destabilize the government, take over the nation, and push everyone into the same cult-based lifestyle.

A cult-based lifestyle, which, by the way, we directly see on screen involves taking out a piece of the victims souls, preventing them from doing anything at all unique. Pinkie, couldn't, make, jokes. AJ, couldn't speak, in, her, normal, accent. She used *mindcontrol* on many, many, many people for personal gain. Mindcontroll involving LOBOTOMIZING PEOPLE!

And after that was filed what's she do? SHE FUCKS WITH TIME! She induced apocalypses to try and get her way. And what's she do all of that for? One time when she was like 4, she lost a friend when they got sent to a boaring school. She's Joker Tier insane, and a HUGE THREAT to safety. She need sot DIE or be imprisoned and is she?

NO!

Starlight Glimmer is a pony who literally quotes Hitler (yes she DOES its in her first appearance and the quote is from Mine Kamph. I know. I had to read that in college as part of my history classes. She. Quotes. Hitler.), is Joker Tier insane where the *slightest* provocation can make her jump to mass torture, mutilation, and enthrallment. She has the same kind of mindset as Pol Pot, and if you know aything at all about Pol Pot then it's probably that there was a real life human who had a real throne made out of the very real skull sof the family members of political opponents, and also this man was alive in the late 1900s.

Starlight. Glimmer. Is. Too. Evil. For. How. The. Show. Treats. Her. It shattered my suspension of disbelief compleatly and has me *HATE* the canon cast because of how it paints them as either braindamaged morons, or religious zelots, because they are just OKAY with this irredeemable scum being with them without even so much as the Elements giving her an alignment change zap...

He’d be the one who would reattached those blown off limbs

reattach

and most Zzebrican arms

Zebrican

Red cleared his throat to try and hide a terrified whiny.

whinny

and steal intell on their missiles.

Usually spelled intel even if it's not the processors.

Like all good soldiers, he knew that whispers traveled further than normal speech.

I have never heard that one before!

“I’ll bet she could,” the Ranger called down. “She’s got great leg definition.”

Ah, good ol' "heard you the whole time" gag... :D

routed through the nearest layline to a MoA headquarters

leyline

“Uh, social pro-tip. Do not tell those ponies you eyeballed the AA gun.”

:rainbowlaugh:

Mint stared on, jaw agape. Never in her life had she seen anypony decide to take on any tank in melee, let alone appear to win.

Well, Ash is certainly in the right branch, then. Also, I don't think this is what most mean when they say "melee specialist." (I hope it ends up a running gag that he takes on increasingly improbable things in melee...)

Ashen commented with just a bit too much clam

calm

anywhere a zebra could have set up a portable motor launcher

mortar

"The purpose of the enemy, on the other hoof, is to die as we demand. I say Hay costs them about, oh... sixty. Sounds right?"

I had wondered where the punchline was. A bit bloodthirsty, but quite merited...

Your story's short description says "allready" instead of "already".

I didn't notice this the first time, that's on me.

4 - Bootcamp

talisman equipped loges.

lodges

Chapter 5...Where is chapter 5?

6 - Full Metal Ranger

his hot hit the cliff

shot

his dying from by the

form

The APC lurched, titled,

tilted

50 cal’s furry to Ash’s

fury

Just now got to it in my queue, I like it so far, is ch6 a typo or is there a chapter missing? Hope it's just missing as that'd be another chapter I could read and that was quite the time jump.

11328870 It appears to be a missing chapter. I'll check my google drive.

Login or register to comment