• Published 29th Oct 2020
  • 936 Views, 31 Comments

blue wallflower - Mica



Wallflower has a list of tasks for you to do before you both commit suicide together.

  • ...
3
 31
 936

Task 10: my only friend is me

You have completed all the tasks.

Congratulations. You have experienced everything I have experienced. You have felt everything I have felt.

You are the only who understands me.

You could even say you are now me. In every possible way.

So won’t me join me?

My shadow will fit perfectly next to mine.

Come and join me.

Underneath the shadow of the Singing Tree.

















.

Author's Note:

my only friend is me.

this was catharsis writing. may delete this story later. i'm sorry.

Comments ( 14 )

Woah. For a story this sad, I actually liked it!

Damn.

this was catharsis writing. may delete this story later. i'm sorry.

Also, please don't.

This was weirdly beautiful for me. It certainly inspired me to write something.
Thank you for making this.

This is really something special.

Write more Wally pls, you're really good at it 🙏🙏🙏

10509354
You thought I wouldn't notice a SadWally story this good? This is my domain, y'all. I'm always on the lookout for more quality Wally \o/.

also this is doing things to my ego lulz

This was quite haunting.

Didn’t really understand what happened.

Great little story. I've always been a fan of the pseudo-fourth-wall-breaking style in storytelling, and you pull off that slightly off-putting feeling with the style of Wallflower's narration beautifully.

The images in the author's note added another layer too, turning Wallflower from coming across as creepy to seeming flat-out unhinged (though I couldn't help but laugh a bit at her... It seems a bit generous to call it a poem).

Telling a story through instructions on how to repeat that character's journey is a great way of making it stand out, and you did a fantastic job of it!

If you don't write more stuff with Wallflower I will fill a water balloon with expired chicken noodle soup and throw it at your window.

Damn.

I avoid stories with the Second Person tag for a reason. Almost all of them on this site are just awful, to put it mildly. This story is an example of how to do such stories right. How to immerse the reader while advancing the story and characters at the same time.

Great tone, pacing, and characterization. Formatting this story as a list of tasks, along with their "completions" in the Author's Notes, is something I legitimately haven't seen before. (The closest would be something like a CYOA story, but this is in a category of its own.) The repeated imagery of the blue whale was a stroke of genius, especially because it wasn't real. But something not being real doesn't mean it's any less meaningful. Like stories in general.

Excellent work. I hope writing this cathartic exercise helped you in some way.

This is exceedingly fucked up. I love it.

the comma at the end of the Author's Note in the previous chapter haunts me. just excellently done.

this was catharsis writing. may delete this story later. i'm sorry.

for what it's worth, i'm glad you didn't, and that i got to read this. i've read few things so immersive into a descent like this. thank you

Login or register to comment