• Published 19th Dec 2011
  • 838 Views, 12 Comments

After Discord - Faindragon



The Celestial Twins have defeated Discord, but Trotholm still needs to be cleared. That is up to me

  • ...
4
 12
 838

Part 33 and Epilogue

To end a story.
Is to close a chapter.
But the ending of a story.
Is the beginning of the next.

Discord was fast, it was a miracle that I was able to dodge the first move. That and the fact that he tried to grip me with the talon that was a hoof and not a talon. I flapped my wings two times to put some distance between me and the raging god, but I realized that this office was to small for me to do anything in. Discord, however was a lot more flexible than I was, he could easily bend his long snake-like body in ways that let him dodge easily and attack at the same time. I realized that this battle could only end in one way.

But I was not on the way of giving up! Discord, easily dodged the hoof I tried to struck him with and knocked me over with his own hoof. I spun around in the air before I landed on the floor, my breath nearly knocked out of me. He laughed as he trotted towards me.
“Game. Over.” he said, his eyes burning with a flame that had not been there before, his facial expression was that of anger. “I thought you as a bigger match than this! How can you give in this easily?”

I coughed up blood, I hoped that that was only from a cracked lip, but still I smiled at him.
“Give in this easily?” it was my turn to laugh. To my horror did I realize that my laugh was that of Discord, not my own. “I will not give in easily!” I shouted the last word and heaved myself up, the lip had regenerated, no blood came from my mouth.

“Regeneration. What more did you get from me?”

“Your insanity.” I cackled as I galloped towards the window, jumping in the last second and protecting my wings from the thousands shards that would follow.

The sound of breaking glass was overwhelmed by the sound of the city bell that chimed once. The cleansing of the Trotholm had begun.

I could hear Discord laugh from behind me.
“I was never insane, Notharam. That is your own insanity.”

He was fast! I flapped my wings, tried to get higher attitude, to be above the god. I could clearly see how he staggered to the left with each wing beat, his pegasi wing not fully functional yet. Luna’s grace shone down on us as we fought to gain the higher altitude. Even if he had a bad wing was he a better and stronger flier than me, and it did not take long before Discord was higher up in the air than I was.

He turned around in the air, facing me directly. The hatred burned in his eyes, the anger on his face clear.
“This ends now!” he shouted, bringing his hoof down at me. I could feel the pain running through my body and the loud snap of my back breaking.

My wings froze mid air, paralyzed. I could not move anything below my neck. I let out a scream as I plunged towards the ground.

Then suddenly did everything slow down, a note of my screaming hanging in the air. And around that note did a voice start to sing.

Welcome to where time stands still
No one leaves and no one will
Moon is full, never seems to change

The song drifted around me, repeating over and over. I hanged suspended in the air, Discord looking down at me, his face frozen in a laugh. The crystal voice kept the song around me, and I saw something strange. Behind Discord did Luna’s celestial eye slowly open, open up until it was full, her faint silver eye looking at me.

And then, everything rushed back. The song shattered in a thousand fragments and Discords laughter replaced it. The only thing was that I did not fall. An obsidian aura surrounded me, halting my fall, slowly taking me down to the ground.

“Discord, this ends now!” I heard two voices shout out. Discord was as stunned as me at the two alicorns that suddenly hoovered in the air around him, each horn glowing. I felt how I touched ground and the aura around me disappeared.

“Notharam.” a stallion whispered in my ear. “Can you hear me?”

My eyes where fixated at the two alicorns and Discord, thunder had begun to form in thin air, striking at the veil of the twisted god.

“This is important, I want you to listen closely.”

I turned my head to the side. Beside me stood an old unicorn, his coat grey and a long beard hanging from his chin. His horn glowed with a faint white light, illuminating the knife he held in his magic.

“Who are you?” I whispered, my throat sore from the screaming.

“My name is Star Swirl.” he said and looked up at the battle in the sky. “I do not have long time. I’m here to kill you.”

I just stared at him.

“Listen, I do not want this but it is for the sake of Equestria. The goddesses do not know that I’m here. They are weakened for every second they stay here, they have to block out the aura from this city from their minds and fight Discord at the same time. It’s taking their toll on them.”

I coughed, before turning towards the sky again. The lightning still struck down on Discord, he was flying lower now and black blood dripped down on me from the heavens, burning like acid.
“Why?” was the only word I said.

“When they defeat the vessel of Discord up there will all his power go to the nearest vessel, or in this case the only. All his power will fly down to you, and I can promise you that you will not be able to resist it. He will come back, mightier than he is now, with a vessel that is exactly like his real body is. The goddesses would not be able to kill another draconequus as it is now. I’m sorry Notharam, I really am.”

“Do it.” I whispered, coughing directly thereafter.

“Are you sure?” he said, surprise clear in his facial expression.

I smiled at him.

“I promised,” I coughed again. “To cleanse this city. I knew that I would not be able to survive myself.” I coughed violently. “So end it, give Trotholm peace.”

He nodded once, and then his eyes went to the sky.
“I will have to do it at the same time as they defeat Discord.”

I looked at the battle above, I could see how the twin alicorns were fighting with the last of their powers, each of them starting to worn out. Then, in a giant explosion, did Discord vanish. I could see how something heeded towards me from where Discord had just been. It was the last thing I saw as the knife pierced my heart.

“Honey.” was the last thing I thought before the knife ended my life.

~Ten Years Later~

“Happy birthday!” the room shouted out. Honey was surprised by how much her friends had done to fix this party. Rainbow colored garlands hanged from the ceiling of the Carrot Mansion’s ball room, balloons floated freely in the air and a giant cake with eighteen candles stood int he middle of the room.

She could not help but smile ear to ear as she ran towards Carrotrose, hugging her tightly.
“Thanks mom, how could you fix all this in such a short time? I was not out for more than two hours!” she said with glee.

Carrotrose smiled down at her, returning the hug.
“I had some help from a couple of friends, and your Goldenheart was more than happy to help me.”

As if summoned did the golden coated young earth pony walk up behind them, a bright smile on his lips.
“Happy birthday Honey.” he said and nuzzled her at her neck. “I hope you were surprised. Here is your present from me.” He brought forth a little present and Honey quickly tore the paper away, showing the golden necklace that lay inside.

She hugged him tightly.
“Oh, you did not need to.” she said, resting her head against his neck. “Thank you.”

He blushed slightly.
“Here, let me help you get that around you neck.” he offered and released himself from the hug.

Honey smiled brightly at him.

*^*

The day had turned to night and the celebration was still going when Carrotrose took Honey to the side.
“Honey, it is something I want to give you.”

“What is it mom?” Honey happily asked.

Carrotrose lay a hoof around Honey’s neck, whispered to her.
“It is on the desk in the library. I will tell the rest that you will be back shortly. Take the time you need.”

*^*

Dear Honey. My dear dear foal. Firstly, if I know Carrotrose correctly, Happy Birtday.

When you read this will I be long since gone, I do not even think you will remember me at the time you read this, but I hope so. You deserve to know the truth. The truth about your father, the truth about everything around you. Do not think I liked to leave you behind, never believe that. I'm torn in this decision, but I have to put Trotholm, and in the end maybe even Equetria, before the happines of my daughter. That were words I hopped I would never say, or write. But before I will tell you the truth is there some things I want you to do for me.

Firstly, give Carrotrose my thanks for her hospitality. She always took care of me, and I believe she have been like a mother to you. If Carrotsword is still alive, which I hope, give him my thanks as well.

Secondly, an old friend of mine, Lightheart, lives in Trotholm, or at least I hope he survives what I'm about to do. If he still is alive, go to him and talk with him, let him know that he was a pillar in my life when my life was a hell. The only pillar in my life besides you. He have a son, Goldenheart, please let him know that I'm sorry I never got to know him.

To say this part fast; I'm a monster. The thing I will do is going to end the monster inside of me; it is going to set Trotholm free. If I could come back to you I would, but as it is now... I'm sorry, you never deserved this. I was injected by a corruption, it corrupted my mind and my heart. It was this or turn into a monster, slaughtering the town of Trotholm and Luna or Celestia knows more. Carrotsword have a journal and a letter. I'm sure you will be allowed to read them if you ask.

Also, tell Carrotsword that I'm sorry.

Do not cry for me Honey. I'm with your mother now, in a place where everything is happier. I will wait for you here.
Daddy

A tear dropped from Honey’s cheek as she read it. She re read it two times more before she lay it away and started to cry, the tears welling up as the memories returned. The memories of a happier time, of playing in a big castle garden under the watching eye of the sun.

Comments ( 1 )

so...beautiful...:pinkiesad2:

Login or register to comment