• Published 19th Dec 2011
  • 838 Views, 12 Comments

After Discord - Faindragon



The Celestial Twins have defeated Discord, but Trotholm still needs to be cleared. That is up to me

  • ...
4
 12
 838

Chapter 26

I might not know.
What hides in my past.
But the truth have been promised.
And I pray that it will come.

I had killed Carrotshield. Who else had I killed? How many times had Discord taken controll over my body and murdered somepony?
“Oh, to many times.” Discord said with a chuckle. “We resisted us far to good in the start, we recall that the meaning was that the subjects should know what happened when we gave them our power.”

I had to get out of here. I needed air. I turned to leave, but my right wing showed down the book from the desk. I gently picked it up and laid it on the desk again. I turned again to leave, but I caught something in the corner of my eye. A letter laid where the book had landed.

And it was addressed to Subject Pegasus 20. Addressed to me. THIS was strange. I took it up, gently opened it and started to read.

*^*

If you are reading this, Subject Pegasus 20, then that means that you killed me. Oh, I’m not surprised really, you have killed every other one in here and Warden ordered me to kill me. That fucker knew I would meet my death by your hooves. Would you mind kill him if you get the opportunity? Anyway, I’m dead when you read this, and rightfully so. What I did. I was blind. And there is things you have to know.

Firstly, your unborn daughter. Honey... How old is she when you read this letter? Five? Six? She is not born when I write this, nor will she be for a while. How I know? Buck do I know. The subjects are not the only ones who hear voices. I have had these... twins... whispering inside my head for a while now. They had nothing to do with Project Discord. At least I hope they did not, I do not want to figure out that they have meddling with my mind. But they speak with me... about you, Pegasus 20. You had a name once, and a crime. I erased them both, it would be to dangerous to let you know, to let the being inside of you know. The name will come in good time thou, I’m sure that Warden knows it.

What I did... Sixty subjects, I killed fifty nine of them. Their blood is on my hooves, not yours. I did not even gave them a chance. WE did not give them a chance. Lightheart. I do not know his motives, but he is a good buck. Please, do not hurt him. He might have some answers to this, but when you read this will he have a colt himself. A colt just a year older than Honey. Oh, he is happy, every day does he smile.

That is, until he see the Subjects. He hates this, he want you all dead and Project Discord abandoned. And he gotten his will through. I will now go in to open your cage, Pegasus 20. It will be my death, I can already hear you from inside there, growling at something I can not see, smirking at me as I cross outside your cage.

But I have already accepted my fate, I will meet my death at your hooves tonight, a death that will set you free.

And, if I should listen to the twins, will my death lead to this town being a better place. I can only hope so. For your Honey, for Lighthearts colt Goldenheart, for my own Carrotrose. For all of the foals of Trotholm. They deserve a better future than this. They deserve a brighter world.

And I can not give that to them. But you can. Trust Corelight, he will not betray you, neither will my husband. He hates you, I can feel that. You have never met before a couple of days ago, and still he hates you with his whole heart. But his hate weights over by his love of Carrotrose. And she trusts you. I want you to show my husband this letter when you have read it, but do not let my daughter see it. I do not want her to meet her end knowing what horrors I did in my life.

Pegasus 20, I do not blame you for killing me, so do not blame yourself. Kill that fucker Warden if you get the chance. And make Trotholm better, for the foals of this filthy city.

Carrotsword, this part is for you.
My beloved husband. Pegasus 20 have not done anything wrong, the fault lies with me. I will always love you, remember that. Let go of the hate you feel, let the love for your daughter overcome the hate. And do not let her know what I have done. Let her live without it.

Burn this letter after you have read it, my husband, and know that my love will always burn for you. Until we meet again.

Carrotshield.

*^*

I re-read the letter five times before I laid it away.

She had known. And accepted it. She had opened my cell, knowing that I would kill her. Had she been armed? Had she begged for a quick death? Had I given her one?

“Do we want to know?” Discord asked me. “Can we handle the truth?”

“What did you do Discord?” I snarled at him.

“We?” He chuckled. “We did not do anything. We gave our power. Then we killed that filthy creature that had trapped us inside of us.”

“You killed her quickly I hope?” I could not stop the question.

“Do we want to know?” He sounded hopeful. “I can show us.”

I did not want to see it. But I had to, did I not? What had happened to me? How could I control it?

“We give in, let the power run freely, our power. Let it embrace you, let it guide you. Then and only then will you be able to control it.” Discord said. I could feel how he smirked at me, even if he was inside of my head.

And that scared me.

I took up the letter, decided that I should go and search up Carrotsword. I owed his late wife this, Carrotshield had asked me to give this to her husband. He wanted to know the truth, this was as close to the truth that it would come.

*^*

I trotted through the hallway, Celestia’s eye glanced at me through a window, her grace illuminating my surrounding. It did not take long before I found myself outside Carrotsword’s bedroom. For once had I actually found my way somewhere and not getting lost. I knocked three times at the door, and was rewarded by the sound of hooves getting closer. Carrotsword opened the door, his eyes had tears in them. I realized that he must have been crying.

This was awkward.

“Yes?” he asked me.

“I’m sorry to interrupt, but this felt out of the journal.” I showed him the letter. ”I thought you wanted to see it, your wife asked me to give it to you.”

“What are you talking about?”

I did not answer. Something budged against my mind. I could hear Discord laugh inside of my head.

The last thing I felt was that my head hitting the floor, then it all went black.