• Published 19th Dec 2011
  • 838 Views, 12 Comments

After Discord - Faindragon



The Celestial Twins have defeated Discord, but Trotholm still needs to be cleared. That is up to me

  • ...
4
 12
 838

Chapter 22

A warm sleep.
In the presence.
The presence of goddesses.
With the truth revealed.
Of my future.
Of my soul.

Celestia’s celestial eye shone brightly through a multicolored window, its grace twisted in the multiple colors of the window as it embraced me, awoken me. I slowly blinked in the sudden light.

Where am I? Where is Honey? I had gone to sleep just next to her. Where was my daughter?

I looked around the room, tried to figure out where I was. And what is saw scared me. The floor never stopped, it stretched out in the distance until I could not see it anymore. No walls were to be seen, the sky with Celestia’s eye was the ceiling.

And then there was the window. A single window was in front of me, no walls held it up. It just... stood there, twisting Celestia’s grace as it shone through it. The window had a scenery in it, the scenery of the two goddesses sitting on one throne each, one of the thrones ornamented with a sun, the other with a crescent moon. A soft whisper drifted towards me, the voice as warm as the grace of Celestia’s eye in the sky.

“Are you ready?”

“Ready for what?” I asked.

“For understanding?” a second voice replied, this one as beautiful as the Luna’s mane during her late hours.

“Understand what?” I asked.

“Understand what is happening around you.” the first voice answered softly.

“Where am I?” I asked.

“You are in a dream.” the second replied.

“A dream?” I asked.

“A dream that we are in control over.” the first replied.

“Why am I here?”

“To find understanding.” the second replied.

Before I could ask any more did the first voice cut in.
“The time is short, step through the window. We will meet you on the other side.”

I looked dumbfound on the window. Should I... go through the window? But, who was I to ask a dream.

I trotted towards it; it felt as if the goddesses on the thrones followed me with their eyes.

I nudged the window with my muzzle, and to my surprise did it go through. The window seemed as solid as a regular window, no ripples spread on it from my muzzle. I braced myself, it was just a dream, and took a step through the window.

*^*

I found myself in the middle of a room, laying on a golden and blue carpet. Celestia’s celestial eye watched me from the left, Luna’s from the right. Their grace embraced me, warmed me. I looked around.

And my eyes directly landed on the thrones in front of me.
And on the goddesses sitting on them.
On Luna and Celestia.

I quickly dropped to my knees, knelt for the goddesses.

“Stand up.” they said in unison.

I rose to my hooves again, looked at them. They seemed... tired.

“You have been summoned to get guidance, guidance and answers.” Celestia said, her voice warm.

“Answers on what?” I asked, my voice weak in comparison for the goddess’s voice.

“Answers on whatever you want to ask.” Luna answered, her voice serene.

“Who are you?” I asked before I could stop myself.

Luna smiled at me, but it was Celestia who answered.
“We are the twin goddesses, the controllers of the sun and the moon, the rulers of life and death.”

“What is my place in all of this? Why have I been taken here?”

“You were the one who woke up us from the slumber that Discord placed us in, you was the one who gave us our power back.” Luna answered, smiling at me.

“But how could I, alone, give you the power you needed?”

“You did not give us the power we needed to defeat Discord, you gave us the power to manifest us here, on Equestria. From there could we interfere with more and more of the ponies of Equestria, and more and more followed us. Our power grew, but you are still the pillar of our power. You believed, not because you had seen us do, but because love of your grandfather. You believed his stories, you did not need proof. You believed.” Celestia said.

“But what about Trotholm? Why have you not done anything about that place?”

They looked sadly at each other, Celestia opened her mouth to speak, but Luna was the one who answered.
“We do not want to relive the moment of loss, the moment of destruction. We felt the death of each of the alicorns, felt their pain, their loss. That shook the foundation of our souls, we can not go back to that.” she hanged her head, tears dripping from her cheeks. “We can not do that.”

“That is why,” Celestia continued, sorrow in her voice. “We give the situation of Trotholm to you. We have observed you, you are the only one who can set things straight there.”

“Yea, that will be easy...” I sighed. “Are you sure that I’m the one you seek? If you have observed me, then you also know about my... troubles.”

And just like that were they beside me.
“We can not help you with everything, but accept this gift.” they said in unison, their illuminated horns touching the sides of my back.

The world disappeared in a bright light.

*^*

I heard my own voice, but it was not I who spoke.

An chaos reincarnated will be turned to stone.
Transformed by the power of balance.
By the power of harmony.
The celestial twins must stay on the soil of Equestria.
They must guide earth pony, pegasi and unicorn alike.
The fallen must not be reborn, the true alicorns have to rule.

But heed my warning, goddess of the yellow eye.
The chaos have touched your twin.
The corruption is spreading.
The balance will be contested.
When your twin eye’s refuse to set.
And the black night stand triumphant.
Search the answer within balance.
This has to be done, else Equestria will fall.
The being you attack is not your sister.
It is but a corrupted shell.

The power of balance has to be cleansed.
Goddess of the yellow eye.
Cleanse them when the time is right.
Under the watching eye of your twin.

And when the time is right will two foals be born.
Two foals destined to release your twin.
One I use to say these words.
The other you will find on her name.
Her name will be the name of the brightest part of your sister’s celestial masterpiece.

But beware.
The power of balance can not stay in the ownership of an eternal being.
Nor can it be with the ones destined to release your sister.
The life of six will change.
They will also fight chaos reincarnated.

When he is released from the stone prison by the crusaders.

*^*

I looked up at the goddesses who stood over me, concerned looks mirrored their faces.
“What happened?” I asked weakly.

“You passed out.” Luna said, her serene voice broken with... fear?

“I passed out within a dream?” I asked.

She looked away.
“Yes.” Celestia answered.

“What happened?”

“You gave us a lot to think about, that what was happened.” Luna said, still looking away.

“So I said all that? What does it mean?”

“The meaning of your words are hidden, and will take time to understand. However, it was not you that said it, it was another being that said it through your body.” Celestia answered.

“What being?”

“That, we do not know.” Luna answered. She still did not look at me.

“What will happen now?”

“Now?” Celestia smiled warmly at me. “Now, you wake up to your daughter and our gift.”

“What gift?”

They only smiled at me as the dream faded away.