• Published 11th Sep 2020
  • 1,964 Views, 58 Comments

The Elemental Manipulation - GalaxyEmpire



There's a new member of the Sparkle Family and it can control type of elemental, but he is not a pony though.

  • ...
6
 58
 1,964

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 39: Worry for the Future (S2E20)

Worry for the Future

Sweet celestia...


After all those hard training...


Why didn't I just ask for his help?


And now...


...I did it


"I'M FLYING!" Screech from the orange sunray filly, she couldn't believe what she hardly witnesses. Her wings flapping as regular as they can, she is not upset because she still can't fly but as she said, she did it...with some assistance.

"Thank you, Leo!"

"That's what friends for!"

Today in the open field of Ponyville, Scootaloo agree to inquire help from the Elemental Manipulation for her flight training. The cub of course, happy to lend a paw but the filly not sure if he can help. He has no wing let alone doesn't haven't experienced it. However, the cub still insists to help her on his own way.

"Looking good, Scootaloo!" Applebloom are her too along with Sweetie Belle with a scooter next to her. "Nice move, Scoot!"

"Thanks, girls!"

Scootaloo we're not flying exactly but she does floating because there's a wind surrounding her to make the filly look like she can fly. Even though can't use her wing but she can pretend to fly and at least she floating from the ground. The cub also hovers close by.

The pegasus smirk as she uses her wings to do spins spiral as the wind follows her track. Keeping her stable and not fall from her doom as she shouts. "Now for the finished, the triple loop-the-loop!" With that, she speeds up to the skies before performing the drop first, then she pulls up a little as she spurts around to make the first loop.

"One!" The filly from the bottom counted.

Scootaloo does a second loop but she began to struggle a bit as the loop she makes is not a perfect one.

"Two!"

'Just one more...!' The ponies flyer muttered as she did the final loop only for her stop in loop upside down. She gasped as the wind around here are vanish before she drops for her doom now with her screaming.

"Scootaloo!" Applebloom and Sweetie shout in horror as Leo quickly twist his paw to create a sphere of the spiral.

Wind Spiral!

The aerokinesis lunches it away as it moves faster like a certain pegasus, but she faster too though. With it hit, Scootaloo now contains hover as the wind caught her spiral around her. She sighed in relief as do her friends. "Thanks, Leo..."

"Sorry, Scootaloo. Looks like I make the wind couldn't keep up the pace of your speed." He apologises, put her down on the grass with his ears fold back. He feeling upset only for the filly to hug him.

"Are you kidding?! That was the best my first ever flying trick I have ever done!" Scootaloo cries out of excitement. "Thank you so much, Leo! I should just ask you straight away when I saw your Elemental power!"

Leo chuckled happily. "Glad I could! Hope that's enough since my power carries you." She nodded satisfied with what she got.

The other crusader came in. "What other things you can do with your power, Leo?" Asked Sweetie Belle.

"Yeah! What about Earth Elemental? Ah' wanna see what it can do!" Applebloom suggested, she is an earth pony after all.

"Hmm..." Leo thought about the suggestion as he gasped at the idea.

ELEMENTAL POWER!

ELEMENT EARTH!

He switches to geokinesis power, with his mane, tail and bandana change. The brown lion turns to the filly with a gentle smile. "Now, girls. You may want to stand behind me for this."

Their nod as the Crusader rush and hide behind the manipulator, focusing the earth energy from his body to his paws. He used it to stomp the ground as hard he could.

Earth Skatepark!

The ground began to shake in front of them like some earth suck into the soil, the girls watch in awe as the lion moves his paws left to right and up and down to order the earth to follow what he's doing before grab his paws tightly. Upon finish, the Crusader gasped in shock, especially the pegasus filly.

"Sweet...mother...of...Celestia..."

You guessed it, in front of them was a standard skatepark itself! Although it only has a bowls field, you never see this in Ponyville at all! More, there's no skatepark in Ponyville. Until now!

The screeching of excitement can be heard as Scootaloo first to rushed ahead to see the park. "WOAH!!! I-I can believe it! A whole area for skating!" She looked back at the creator of it, who simply nodded at her as she goes back, then return while riding her scooter into the park.

"Best Day Ever!!!"

While she having fun skating around, Applebloom approaches the brown lion. "Wow, Leo. That must be the amazing thing ah ever saw!"

"Yeah! I mean, we didn't see this every day so often. This is a masterpiece!" Sweetie remarks almost like her sister.

Leo chuckled slightly. "Thanks girls. But now I need to ask Mayor Mare about this before anypony realise there's a Skatepark in the middle of nowhere."

"Oh yeah, imaging their face when they saw this!" Sweetie comments as they laugh together.

With everything has done, switch back to normal as Leo walk away to the Town Hall while the filly enjoying watching their friend's rocky those scooter.


Later...


"LEO!"

"Hm?"

The cub turned to see his brother waving at him and his concerned sister away from him. Though he plans to go home after telling the Mayor about a new structure that has been making in Ponyville and told her the one that made it is him but seeing his sister outside meaning something has up.

And also never know there's a big black three head "dog" appearing in the town.

"Hi, guys!" Leo said as he running towards them who standing in front of a weird tent. "What's up? And...What happens to your mane, Sis?"

The librarian with "Not. A. Word" face as the drake pointing at the unicorn. "We here because Twilight wants to see the future, so I brought her here."

The lion felt rather weary. "You mean..."

"Yep, Madame Pinkie's place."

"Madame Pinkie?" Twilight said.

"You can't be serious, bro..." Leo groaned. "If you don't mind, I'm staying out here. Fortune Telling makes me very uncomfortable. Besides, the one time the old group from Canterlot got me to try it out for fun. I got a frying pan to my head!"

"Alright, suit yourself," Spike said as he and Twilight headed inside.

"Come...Enter the chamber of Madame Pinkie Pie..." Said the pink pony, now dressed as a gipsy and using a spooky voice as she sat before a table with a crystal ball in the centre, "For the answers that you seek, let us consult the mystical orb of fate's destiny."

Then using her normal voice. "Do you like my mystical orb of fate's destiny? I just got it. Cool, huh?" Twilight and Spike blinked.

"Yeah uh...the best one I've seen."

"Look deep into the crystal ball...for it will reveal all! Ah, yes I see something...It is a vision of the future...I see...you, Twilight. You will get a cool birthday present next year..." Pinkie said. with her spooky voice

"Yes, and?" Twilight anxiously and excitedly as Spike smiled.

"That's it."

"Are you sure?"

"Yup, cool birthday present."

"Pinkie, I need your Pinkie Sense to tell me what the impending disaster that future Twilight was trying to warn me about!" Twilight snapped.

"Oh, my fortune-telling has nothing to do with my Pinkie sense," She said, "It's only good for vague and immediate events." It was just then Pinkie's tail twitched.

CRACK!

And a flower pot crashed on top of the unicorn head.

"Like that, see?" She said and then pondered, "Where did that even come from?" Then Pinkie got another tail twitch.

CLANG!

"OW! OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! I DIDN'T EVEN GO INSIDE THE TENT! PINKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE!" Pinkie cringed when she heard Leo angry shouting.

"I...think...Madame Pinkie is announcing her retirement," she said sheepishly with a chuckle, remember the Iron Will event and she really don't want to see his furious.

A few days later as the sun was setting in the sky and Pinkie had arrived outside the Library.

"Lalalalalalala, lalalala...Gosh, I haven't Twilight since the flower pot incident." She said to herself. "And the boys too, I hope Leo didn't mad about the incident."

She then let herself inside of the Library with dumbfounded after she looked inside. The main area was now loaded with various machines, blackboards with various graphs, telescopes, books, and lots and lots of paperwork. Twilight was running about from one object to the next as Leo and Spike just sat calmly in the corner of the room eating ice cream. Pinkie also took notice that Twilight had a bandage on her head and had dark circles under her eyes.

"Uh..."

"Off by point zero two from yesterday," said Twilight as she peeked through a telescope, checked a chart, and marked her notes down in a book, "Carry the fifteen...negative azimuth on the fourteenth moon."

"Hey, Pinkie!" Leo said as soon he saw her while his brother busy stuffing his face with more ice cream. The Laughter realizes there's a bandage covering his head.

"So...no hard feelings?" The cub warm smile as he shook, a sigh of relaxation from her. "Twilight's serious about finding out about that cool birthday present, isn't she?"

"Who cares?" Spike dismissively, "As long as I can keep eating ice cream. Sorry, future Spike." He then took another bite and hummed happily. Twilight just smiled as her tongue was sticking out from the corner of the mouth as she wrote some more notes.

"Are...you okay, Twilight?" Pinkie asked worriedly.

"Ah, Pinkie, I'm glad you're here," She pulled Pinkie over to one of the telescopes. "Can you help me recalibrate the apertures on the nine-and-quarter catadioptric telescopes?"

"Sure!"

The librarian continues as she walked over to another telescope, the one gift from her brothers. "So I was thinking after I came to see Madame Pinkie and the flower pot landed on my head-see the bandage? Just like the bandage from the future."

"Nice!"

"I had an epiphany after that flowerpot hit my head and the frying pan hit Leo's head. Doing things didn't work, not doing things didn't work, and we couldn't predict the future either, so we only had one other choice. Monitor everything." Twilight's eyes enlarged as her pupils shrank, making the red veins on her eyes visible as well as making her look slightly insane.

Pinkie uneasily with a smile since the lavender pony was sticking her face in hers. "Well, that makes sense to me."

"Uh, it's I and not we because you're the only who uncovering it, sis." Leo fixed it. "And we can just ask someone help-"

"Oh, hush you!" She rolled her eyes as she rushed to another telescope, her eye moving wildly from the top lens. "That way no matter what happens in the future, I'll be ready. I thought I saw something in the Horsehead nebula, but after staring at it for three straight hours, I was wrong!"

"Three hours?" said Pinkie in shock as she stood next to the boys, "when did you sleep?"

"None," Leo told her concern. "She has been like this since future Sis was here. Plus, being awake for like too long." The lion was told that his future sister comes to visit while he's out so he caught up with this mess.

"But tomorrow is Tuesday," Pinkie added, which make Twilight gasped before teleport to her telescopes.

"Pinkie, did you finish recalibrating the apertures on the nine-and-quarter-inch catadioptric telescopes?" She asked.

"I have no idea."

The unicorn continued to scope the sky when she accidentally looked directly at the sun. "Ah! My eye!"

"Sis!" Leo yelped as he rushed over to her.

"Don't worry Twilight, I have eye patches stashed all over Ponyville, in case of an eye patch emergency." Said Pinkie as she rushed over to the fireplace to grab something. "There! Now you look like a pirate! A sleepy pirate with a really weird mane cut."

Leo confused about why there are hidden eyes patches in the library as Pinkie pulled over a mirror. Twilight gasped.

"The eye patch...another sign! Nearly all the signs have come true! I haven't done a thing to prevent the catastrophe!"

"Sis, calm down!" Leo shout to his frustrated sister. "If you wanna, we could go to Canterlot and ask Celestia about it and-"

Got cut off by Twilight another gasped. "That's it! If Tuesday's tomorrow, and the disaster happens by Tuesday morning, then there's only one solution. I'll just have to stop time!"

"Pawesome! Let's go!" Leo exclaims as he pulled out four tickets from his bandana, showing them as the Magic stunned.

"Ticket to Canterlot?!" She shocked. "How'd you?"

"My Sis one-oh-one: always be prepared for her any eventuality."


At Night in Canterlot...


"I dunno why we have to wear these things either."

"Aren't we wearing them for fun?"

"I thought we play like a ninja or something?"

"Focus, guys!"

It was late at night by the time the train arrived at Canterlot station as the two ponies and two boys were now all dressed in black bodysuits with hoods. Twilight we're the only one taking this mission seriously even doing a somersaulted while others kept following at her own pace.

"Uhh...I don't think we need to be sneaking around, Twilight." said Spike as he held an ice cream cone in his hand, "It's not illegal to walk around Canterlot."

"Guard! C'mon on you guys!"

"Oh hey, that's Sir Night Shield!"

"Leo!" Twilight called to them as she posed next to a fountain statue. Pinkie, Spike and Leo then posed as well as Night Shield walked by. Twilight exhales loudly once the guard was gone. "That was close."

"You know Sis, we could just ask Night that-"

"No time! Let's move!" She cut him off again as she rushes off, sighed from the lion as the other follows the unicorn.

Now getting back on track, the unicorn had asked Leo to scope for a way into the tower while she did the same. As usual, Pinkie and Spike just stood back and watched. Twilight then came across a window that she was able to open from the outside.

"The coast is clear," She said as she looked around, "Now slowly lift me into the window so we can-AH!" Twilight was given a hard shove as she went flying inside. The other three just casually entered as the cub one help Twilight recollect herself.

"You know there's a chance we can just ask somepony to-"

"No."

"Or maybe-"

"Nope."

"But-"

"Nuh-uh."

"Sis-"

"Leo!"

"K'..."

Twilight sighed. "The sooner we finish, the better okay?" A slightly nodded from her brother.

She is back rather indignant. Twilight and then continued to sneak through a rather dark hallway. Pinkie and Spike follow, Leo however, just stood there smiling and wait...

Eventually, he saw his sister come back talking in a hushed tone as she moved forward while keeping low to the ground. "The Star Swirl the Bearded wing should be right...here."

"Hey, sis." Leo greeted her.

"Leo? Why didn't you follow me?"

"Why shouldn't I?" He confused as he points his paw to the open window...the window that their went in.

"Cool! Can we climb in the window again?" Pinkie asked excitedly from the back. "That was super fun!"

"I don't understand," said Twilight, "It's supposed to be here...How are we supposed to find it now?"

"Maybe we can ask somepony in the Star Swirl the Bearded wing?" Pinkie suggests as she pointed to an area that was locked up by an iron bar door as Twilight gasped.

"Huh? How'd we miss that?" The unicorn looked at the club who put up the "I'm been here you know" face and she just put up "oh really?" mean face.

Leo sheepishly giggled. "I told you you should stop reading and spend time with me in the past."

"Just...just quite, okay."

He only shrugged, as Twilight examine the place. "Look at all those priceless magic scrolls, there are more than I ever imagined!"

"Twilight, the guard!" Pinkie pointed out as a shadow approached the group.

"What are we gonna do, what are we gonna do?!" She began to panic and ran about the area before the locked door as the shadow approached the group. Twilight huddled close as she squatted on the ground, trembling fearfully as the guard walked up to her.

"Hey, Twilight, haven't seen you in a while," the guard cheerfully said. "Let me open that for ya."

With a loud squeak, the guard unlocked the door and opened it for the group. They were all stunned except Leo.

"Thanks," Twilight with a nervous chuckle.

"Hey, Night Shield!" Leo genuinely waves from the back. "I thought you patrolling the front yard?"

"I did, it just that I had to use a restroom for a bit." Night Shield said but got a stern look from the lion. "...Alright, I know I should stop drinking too much before start guarding but I learn my mistake okay!"

"Well, everyone made a mistake as it is, Night." Leo smiled and salute him as he did as well before moving on. The mares are stunned.

"Wowing! I never normally saw them like this!" Pinkie bounced unbelievable as Spike smirk crossing his arms.

"Yeah, every guard in Canterlot respect Leo after the battle against the previous Captain of the Royal Guard."

The Laughter we're about to ask but suddenly Magic interfere. "I get it, okay?! He wins the battle and earns the appreciation of the royal guard. Now can we finish our primary objective?!"

Later after they agreed to it, they went inside. Only for Twilight to gasped in horror as she went ahead to the mirror. "Oh no! Look, I look just like future Twilight... The last sign has come true!"

"But how can we find the time-stopping spell?" Spike asked worried, "There must be a million scrolls in here!"

"I. Don't. Know."

Seeing his sister panicked, Leo began to felt determined for helping her. "We will find it! Like dad always said: don't give up until it's over!"

The manipulator began to run about, searching through various books and scrolls at once. The rest of the group began to do the same. Twilight began to search some other shelves as Pinkie sat on top of one shelf checking and tossing away various types of scrolls. But their time was running out as the sky got lighter and birds began to sing outside. Spike was nearly about to fall asleep but managed to shake his head to wake up and was searching through books when he noticed how the sun was about to rise.

"Twilight, it's over!" He looked out the window, "It's officially Tuesday morning!"

"Ngh, no! Tuesday morning, the disaster!" said Twilight, "Incoming!"

She pushed Spike out of the way and ducked as she covered her head with her fore-hooves and trembled for...

...

...

...

...nothing?

"Uh, sis?" Leo poked the mare after he saw his sister take cover to see nothing catastrophic happen. "Nothing has to come about."

"Yeah, Twilight. It looks like a pretty nice day." Spike added as he removed the black hood from his head.

It was then a certain alicorn pass by.

"Good morning, Sparkle siblings," said Princess Celestia cheerfully, "Love the new hairstyle, Twilight. Well, happy Tuesday you three!"

The unicorn smiled as the Princess walked away, leaving her dumbfounded.

"Well, Celestia seemed...pretty upbeat...for an incoming disaster." Leo slowly said.

"Why isn't anypony surprised to see us sneaking around in here?!" Twilight snapped, "Is it possible there never was a disaster? That we've just been making ourselves frantic over nothing?!"

"So if future Twilight wasn't warning you about a disaster, then what was she trying to tell you?" Spike said as Twilight then giggled.

"I don't know, but do know one thing. I look ridiculous." The trio all laughed.

"Yes, you do!"

"Totally!"

"And this all happened because we couldn't stop worrying about the future and let the future handle itself! Well, not anymore! From now on, We're gonna solve problems as they come, and stop worrying about every little thing!"

"And...?" Spike seems like getting his hopes up.

"Yes, no more late-night pacing," Twilight giggled as she pointed at the giant sundial, "If only we had learned this lesson a week ago, we wouldn't have had to go through all this."

"Twilight, Twilight, I found something!" said Pinkie as she appeared from one side of the room with her hoodie now off, "It doesn't stop time, but it lets you go back in time. It says you can go back once, and it only lasts for a few moments. Does that help?"

"Pinkie, you're a genius!"

"Pawesome, Pinkie!" Leo applause.

"Woo-hoo!"

"Now I can go back and tell past Twilight and Mario that they don't need to go berserk with worry about a disaster that's never gonna come!" Said Twilight as she took a few steps forward and made her horn glow white. The intensity of the magic made a light whirlwind surround her before a bright light transported her exactly one week back in time. Leo, Spike and Pinkie watched in awe as the unicorn disappeared.

"So, back to our conversation." Pinkie turned to the boys.

Spike lead the talk. "Well, it all started when we bumped into-" Only be interrupted by a flash of light.

"-waste your time...worrying...about..." Twilight soon realized that she was back at the present with Mario, Pinkie, and Spike and face-hoofed herself, "UGH! I can't believe I just did that!"

"Huh, guess time travel doesn't follow our current time," Leo said with Pinkie nodding.

Twilight announced. "Remember last week when future Twilight came to warn me about something? That was me trying to warn myself not to worry so much! Now I am gonna spend the next week freaking out about a disaster that doesn't even exist! Ugh!" She groaned loudly as she sat down with a sad and frustrated look on her face.

It was then her lion brother hugs her tightly. "Uh, Leo...?"

"Don't be like that." He said in a sad tone. "I'm sure everything will be fine in the future, and if don't...then we have each other, through friends, siblings and family. After all, your not alone."

This makes Twilight cheerfully giggles. "That's the same things you say back when we looking for the Elements. But yeah, thanks, Leo."

"And I wouldn't worry about the time travel failure, it's a past Twilight problem now," Pinkie added which made Twilight giggle again.

"I guess you're right, Pinkie." Then Spike drew their attention by letting out a loud groan.

"Ohhh...my stomach... I...I think it's all that ice cream...I thought the stomach ache would be the future Spike's problem, but now I am future Spike. Ohh..."

"I already told you to eat once per day, bro." Leo sigh but then chuckled loudly. "Being grumpy dragon again and that's your punishment!"

The mares laugh at Twilight as she used her magic to put the drake onto her back. "Come on, future Spike. Let's get you home."

Author's Note:

Wow! Almost 4000 words?!

So the time is near, I adding the skatepark just because there isn't one for Ponyville and helping Scootaloo flying. I just want to make her feel happy since she never flies on her own in the entire series.

On to the next one!!!

PreviousChapters Next