• Published 11th Sep 2020
  • 1,964 Views, 58 Comments

The Elemental Manipulation - GalaxyEmpire



There's a new member of the Sparkle Family and it can control type of elemental, but he is not a pony though.

  • ...
6
 58
 1,964

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 9: A Wilful Apple (S1E4)

A Wilful Apple


One Month Later, Sweet Apple Acres...


"Hold on in a minute, are you saying my mouth does make you promises my legs can't keep?" Applejack glared at her Big Brother.

"Eeyup." He simply said.

"Why balder..." She scoffed and stomp her hoof. "This is your sister Applejack remember! The Loyalist of friends and the most dependable of ponies!"

"But still only one pony and one pony plus hundreds of apple trees just doesn't add up."

"Don't you use your fancy mathematics to muddy the issue! I still I could handle this harvest and I'm gonna prove it to you. I'm gonna get every last Apple out of those trees this Applebuck season, all by myself!" She determined and look at a large number of Apple tree before she gulped.

Or maybe she has a second thought?

The red pony sighed. Of course, his sister wouldn't listen, she was the stubborn sort. Today is Applebuck season but supposedly he and Applejack should harvest the apple but thanks to his injury, he can't help which mean that leave to his sister only and not as if they could hire any real help either. Sweet Apple acres was notorious for not hiring temp workers as they could never afford it before. So when the season started most of the help that lived in Ponyville had left for greener and more profitable pastures for the season.

He could ask her friends except for Rarity, he expected they would all help out. Though He would prefer if Fluttershy didn't. Last time she helped, the critters she brought to assist ate half of the crop and tore up a few trees in the process. Granny still went for her gun the moment she even thought she saw a beaver.

They should take that old Minotaur blunderbuss from her, but no one was yet brave enough to try to take her pappy's gun away from Granny.

Getting Rainbow Dash to help wouldn't be easy either. That Pegasus was notoriously lazy, and he expected she had a bit of a thing for him. He didn't want to go down that route just in case she got it into her head to trade for a date... Not that she didn't look good, but there was only so much Wonderbolt talk he could take.

That left Pinkie Pie and that new mare, Twilight and her brothers. Twilight was the better one to ask, Pinkie was the sort who might blow every pony up or rub soup in every ponies' manes. It was always a toss-up.

Still, he wasn't sure how to approach Twilight and Spike, but Leo appears to be nice for the job since he told him he likes to help other and prove he's capable off but with Applejack stubbornness, he doesn't know if he wants to involve that young lion.

Big Mac snorted.

Eventually, she will ask some pony for help out on her own.


Ponyville...


Leo winced as he hit the floor, a whimper escaping his lips as he rubbed his eyes were dust has stuck on it. His ears perked as he heard the sound of books and other objects falling off the shelves upstairs and the yelling of Spike.

Dropping to all fours he started up the steps from him and Spike's shared room, which had been the library's basement. The place only had the one room upstairs and Twilight had claimed that given how high it was. Don't know why but Unicorn's seemed to need to live as high above everything else as possible, towers, multi-story houses, and so on, all with the bedrooms at the top.

The whole library was shaking by the time he got up the steps. Spike was vibrating around on the floor trying to gather up the books that kept falling off the shelves. The little drake was growling under his breath as he couldn't keep his feet.

“Are you alright, Bro?” Leo asked yawning.

“Leo! Bout time you got up, help me out here, please. We spent the last two weeks fixing the library's order and now everything's falling.” Spike snapped.

"Sure thing...hey Bro. Why is everything shaking just lately?"

"Sorry, Leo but I don't know what's going on.” Spike winced as a book fell and almost bounced off his head but got caught by his brother. "Thanks."

He nodded and give it to him before yawned and went up the stairs to the second-floor balcony to take a look over the town, a slight breeze blew through his navy fur making him sigh a little, feel good for the waker from sleepy. In the distance, he could see a cloud of dust rising from the other side of the river, though from here he couldn't tell what it was. Picking up library telescope as the shaking stopped, he angled it down to see what was going on before looking through it.

A few ponies were gathered by the bridge including the Mayor and Twilight. Applejack was on the other side of the river talking with a herd of cows. He didn't know what was being said, though the cows dispersed not long after Applejack spoke with them. Leo surprised, noting Winona, Applejack pet if what Applebloom said. He frowned of that dog after their first meeting, she had tried to bite his leg right after she barked at him. Maybe lion-like cat to her. But doesn't lion a cat?

The cub sighed turning to head back downstairs to help Spike. He'd ask Twilight about it later.


One Week Later...


The golden lion looked around the town rather impressed with the set up for the party. He had been surprised that the stampede had happened, let alone that it was a real threat. The bridge wasn't that big after all and probably would have fallen apart had the cows tried to cross it. So really Applejack had saved the cows and a bridge, not the town. He glad that his sister was alright.

His brother was here, sitting on his back while they staring at her on the stage to give a speech in front of every pony and not only that but she also helped set up the party. Whoa... They were seeing her levitate a few cue card to her, that's good to them--wait a minute...why does she have saddlebag for--oh wait...there's more of it...and in her other saddlebag as well... Leo swore that the crowd gonna be asleep by the time his sister was done.

Speaking of the crowd, He seems like he got used to this place now. Not only been a month but he already knows half of the ponies in Ponyville. Of course, with the help of his brother, they greet many ponies like Daisy, Roseluck and Lily who also called the trio flower pony. Derpy, the mailwoman who have weird eyes problem and Vinyl Scratch, the DJ pony who was wearing headphones with a mare playing a huge violin name Octavia.

The lion thought about this place. Every day from the past he explores this place and it would be seen that Ponyville wasn't very large compare to Canterlot. Looks to him that this will be taken in a couple of weeks to settle in without getting the phobia out. He likes that, but his stuff still left in their old home in the ivory tower, back to Canterlot. So it would seem that he need to get back to the place to gather all his stuff before settles down.

He also needs to take a visit to the Everfree Forest to meet with Zecora. Yes, that figure who helps him out of the forest. It looks like he will never find out who was that voice but his life is important right now and owns her for saving him.

"Leo!!"

SLAP!!

"Ouch?!"

The drake slaps his cheek with his both claw to bring him to reality. With a little bit of red from it and he looks at him with a confused face. "Are you, okay? You have been staring like a minute ago and the celebration was already over!"

"Huh?" Leo looks at the surrounding of them, yep, everypony was gone with only left their friends who cleaning up the place. "Sorry, Bro. Guess I been in my head for a second."

"Well then, you're lucky that Twilight doesn't need to make a speech 'cause her friends interrupted her every time she about to say anything."

Upon hearing it, he couldn't help but giggle as Spike joined in.

"That's good. So where's Applejack?" Leo said as the dragon pointed to the front to see her walking away to the Sweet Apple Acres while drug the golden trophy with an unrested eye. "Uh... Is she alright? Do you think we need to help her?"

"I don't know, but if you want, you can go to the farm to talk to Big Mac."

He sighed, he doesn't like to see one of his friends in trouble. He needs to do something and his brother suggestions were good for him. Spike also mentioned that their need to fix the library again for the help of getting to know ponies up close as they head back home.


Two Hour Later, Sweet Apple Acres, inside the house...


"So you saying that she's super stubborn and refused anyone offers of help? She's insisting that she can do it herself?" Leo said to the Stallion farmer, sitting on a couch.

"Eeyup."

"Why was that hard? I mean, she always there to help anypony in need but can't she put a little of her stubborn pride aside and allow us to help her?"

"Nope."

The cub sighed, not only learn about Applejack stubbornness and sleep deprivation but also the Applebuck season as well where the apple ponies need to buck all the apple tree. Furthermore, Big Mac told about his injured because of an accident involving a lost bet and a girdle, he was now a fairly injured pony. A few bruised ribs from that incident that he didn't care to think of were going to be keeping him out of the field for a while.

"Well then, that settle. I'm gonna help her harvest the apple." The lion got off of the couch only get halt by the bulky stallion.

"Hold on, if you go then she will chase you until you runoff from the farm."

"Don't worry, my bro said that she is helping Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy by right now so I'll use this as an opportunity to get all the apple."

"Well then, I don't see why not. She already used too much energy without rested a bit so I allowed you to do it." Big Mac said as he gestured to the apple tree from the window.

"Thanks, Big Mac!"

And with that, he of to buck some tree while the farm pony looks at him from the window before smiling. "I admit, he is very willing to help some creature."

The bandana lion ran as fast as he could, enter the entrance and see how many trees they have. He doesn't actually 'cause there was many of it of course so he does very similar like last time he helps.


ELEMENTAL...

TRIPLE...

SPLIT!!!


He leaps in airborne and claps both of his paws to perform the Elemental Splits. As soon, the circle appear as he went through to come out the trio of elements manipulate.

"Alright! Let's make this quick. Lightning, go and grab the bucket as many as possible while Wind and I harvested the apple." Earth said with full leadership he is.

"Got it!" He said and used Lightning Speed to go snap some bucket in the storage.

"Your ready, Wind?"

"Yeah!"

The blue lion flew through the air to get a better view from it and makes an 'X' sign with his paws as he directs all of the wind power to create a small sharp ring as it began to summon a Wind Spheres all surrounding of the caster.

Multi Wind Sphere!!!

He lunches to target the fruit on the trees, hitting it make the apple pulled off the stalk and hover inside the sphere as the balls come back to its owner.

Lightning then came back with a wooden bucket on his back and mouth as he put it down to get some more for it. Thanks to him, Wind put all the apples in the bucket together with Earth with his amazingly strong kicking, all the apple from one tree has fallen with just one kick like the rest of the Apple family.

Though there's no something to put in it so the apple all roll away to another but luckily the Electrokinesis reappear, brought more bucket and start gathering the fruit from where the brown cub kick from.

The trio was doing a great job collecting the apple for Applejack. They know this will make her mad but this is for her good for not taking asleep. Once Lightning back from the store he said that there is no more bucket since Applejack has been put in on somewhere else so Earth decide that he helping him collect the fallen apple on the ground.


Twenty Minutes Later...


"Uh... Guys? We have a problem!" The Aerokinesis shouted from the top to get attention from the other manipulate. "Applejack was on the way back!"

The Geokinesis gasp but quickly make an order. "Alright then. Wind, carry all of these buckets and put it near where Applejack was bucking. Lightning and I need to finish this last tree."

He nodded with a smile and toss a medium size of Wind Sphere to the bucket as it hovering in the air so he can bring so easily while the other finally finished the last of it with the help some speed thanks to Lightning.

With that, they did it. They've toked a shelter at the sun using the tree as they merge back into one, Leo quickly lay down with sweat coming from his body, drip to down they go, it was quite hard, to be honest, but he managed to do it. Not only that but he already sees Applejack walked up to the hill where there an apple tree actually on top of it. Gosh, does he never realised there is one LAST tree was there all along?

Doesn't manner anymore, he just relieved that she didn't realize that the other tree has no apple on it anymore. So she thinks that she has buck it already which make her smile a little. Leo then saw his sister coming toward her with a serious face, no so serious like Lightning though, but something must be going on in Ponyville.

He can't hear anything from here but looks to him that Twilight trying to do the same as he does but seeing Applejack does not react until her final buck, she cheered. She did the harvesting all the apple tree in Sweet Apple Acres! Apart for the help from him but she doesn't know about it, that is until Big Mac come to her side as he pointed his head to his right to see... half of the apple tree that hasn't been harvest yet! The lion couldn't see through his location right now but he could see Applejack fainted? Don't know what's going on up there, he just happy to help her even without her permission, he still wants to do it.

Lion giggled. "At least she learns her lessons..." He thought before yawned, closed his eyes to take some nap for his hard work.

Author's Note:

Episode 4. Done! Leo wants to give a hand to Applejack by harvested the apple while she out helping her friends.

PreviousChapters Next