• Published 19th Aug 2012
  • 2,077 Views, 27 Comments

Shiny wants A Sammich! - bronypanda



Caddie? How bout one of them Sammiches??

  • ...
1
 27
 2,077

One great Sammich

Author's Note: Hey every pony! Its your favorite panda brony bronypanda! this little short story was inspired by a certain friend of mine in the army when we were having a conversation about mares. Hope you guys enjoy it! This story is a kinda sequel to "One Night NOT to Forget.




Shiny wants a sammich!



(perspective Shining Armor)

"Om nom nom...(gulp)...(burp)... whew".

Nothing like the satisfaction of a gentlcolt's game of hoofball, ice cold cider.....and a sammich! And no mare makes em' better than my Caddie. Princess of love, plus sammich master. If there is anything that I love the most about my princess......its that she knows how to construct a divine meal. Don't get the wrong idea, I love my wife, she's beautiful, compassionate, brilliant and perfect. But CELESTIA, the first time she made me a sammich, NEVER would I let her out of my life. Now this magnificant piece of heaven before me is my wife's custom Shining Sandwhich! Made for and only for me. We have 2 thick, soft but crunchy pieces of white bread encasing crisp lettuce, fresh tomatos, delectable onions, perfectly melted cheese, dancing with juicy olives, decorated with just a pinch of salt and pepper, all combined with love and mayo...lots and lots of mayo.

Never before has Equestria witnessed the glory of the Shining Sammich, rival only to the legendary cakes designed and spawned for her majesty. Celestia HERSELF envies this immaculate pillar of sustinance, brought into creation by her own niece, only to please me alone. Sometimes when I eat one, I feel the planet under my hooves shake in anger and jealousy. But...I enjoy either way. Now I'm always grateful to Cadence for her thoughtfulness and I always return the favor, giggity. I don't think I would survive a day without the taste of the Shining Sammich. Without it, the foundation of my existence would end. I don't want to sound like some fatflank or a husband that only loves my wife for her food, I love Cadence for Cadence, but its just conveniant that shes a god of sammiches. Same time everyday, 12:25, Cadence walks into my office with the small bag holding the SS. If it's my day off, I relax on the couch and she would bring it to me. Before I eat, I make sure that everytime I give her a big smooch as a trade, and everytime, I get that perky adorble giggle. Besides the sammich, hearing that giggle brings joy to me. When the feast begins, the first bite is savored as it travels to my stomach. As I lick my lips, Cadence always watches me, revealing in my satisfaction or her creation, I will never know. 2nd, 3rd, 7th aaaaaaand...it's gone. Another mission completed and another sammich for my belly, washed down with Apple family cider. Perfect day.

She's made it for me for almost a year now everyday. Except for this one time when she had royal buisness in Trottingham. I took a leave of absence that day. If you heard that there is one thing that stops me from work, you have been lied to. There are TWO things that defeat me when it comes to work. Those two things are Cadence, the Shining Sammich and the Shinning Sammich. It was all over the news. Oh Celestia you should have seen it. "Royal Canterlot Captain Shining Armor on lockdown inside home for unkown reasons, fellow guards try to reason with the Captain only to be stopped by a shield barrier. Wait, wait, whats this? Princess Mi Amore Cadenza is entering the house! Perhaps she can reason with Captain Armor! More at 11". Without Cadence and the SS, I seem to break down for some odd reason, but ehhh nevermind that. It's just a really really AWESOME sammich. (Burp) Hey Caddie? How bout' another?


(perspective Cadence)

Comin' right up Shiny! Ahh, all in a day's work. This is pretty much what I do from 12 to 1. Kitchen duty. Yeah yeah I'm a princess but I'm also a wife which means gotta make a sandwhich for my hubby. Apparently it's some kinda rule. I mean, don't get the wrong idea, I love watching Shining's face as he takes that first bite, it makes me feel happy so I like making them for him. So just to be clear ladies, I'm not some slave mare, but I just enjoy my husband's satisfaction. He can be a little too depenedent on it though. This one day, I went grocery shopping for Shining Armor's sandwhich. As you can see, the sandwhich is premade and Shining has a sorta internal "sammich" clock and if he has it too early, he goes crazy. So you can probably guess what happened. I got home after an hour, to find pegasy flying around, royal guards trying to get passed my husband's shield spell, and a bunch of news reporters. Took one step inside my house to find Shining Armor licking a plate in the corner of the living room. He looked towards me, and trotted away like a startled baby bunny. That ended well. Had to set up a trap to get him to hold still. Soooo yeah, after he had another sandwich he went back to normal and the guards and news reporters went away.

Honestly I dont get what the big deal is. It's not that great. One day he was hungry so I slapped together some veggies, added mayo, and boom he fell in love with it. I don't know if he REALLY loves it or if he's just happy that I make him something every day. He can get too grateful sometimes. Not that anything's wrong with gratefulness (giggle). After he finishes the sandwhich he'll, well I shouldn't get into it. Lets just say he can really make me giggle.

Honestly, he takes pride in this sandwich more than he does his job. There was this really embarrassing time we had lunch with my aunt Celestia.... She had taken alot of time to set everything up, displayed alot of delicious foods but the only thing Shining had on his plate, 20 sandwhiches that I call Shinning Sandwiches. He absorbed each one like oxygen. My aunt got a little curious by the time he had 6 left, and asked to have a bite to see how great this "Shinning Sammich" really is.
She chewed slowly with a raised eyebrow. She looked towards me with a puzzled look that said, "This tastes like any other sandwich out there". Before she could say what I knew she would say, I coughed and pointed my pupils in Shinning's direction and winked. He just sat there, overly enjoyin' em, completely oblivious. She got the hint and played along, finishing the rest of the sandwich ferociously making Shining Armor gasp in horror.

"You said just a bite"! He yelled before covering his mouth with his hooves.

My aunt smiled a wicked grin as I realized that she had found a new way to mess with Shining. She belched very unlady like, stunning everypony and yelled back, "How could I just have ONE bite of this sandwich! I must have more"!!!

Hearing her words, Shining Armor quickly gathered his remaining sandwiches in his hooves and made a run for it, my aunt chasing him laughing meniacally, but before she left the room, she glanced back at me and winked. My aunt Luna merely facehoofed and we both laughed. All that just to protect his pride and his sandwiches . (chuckle) Here ya go Shiny! One fresh Shining San-whoops!


(3rd person)

"Whoops"! Cadence yelped as she slipped on an applecider puddle, sending the Shining sandwich in the air.

Tears and a look of terror was glued onto Shining Armor's face as his favorite meal was mere inches away from landing on his wife. As Cadence and the sandwich made contact, the sound of the mayo made a splat sound making Shining Armor wince in pain. As he rushed over to the scene, Cadence extened her hoof, hoping that her beloved husband would be worried and tend to her, only to be met by Shining Armor reaching for the many food items all over her chest.

"Typical". She thought with a smile, whiping lettuce and olives off her clean coat.

Shining Armor stuffed as much as he could into his mouth before he finished hyperventilating.

"Oh come on Shining Armor". Cadence snapped with a bit of annoyance. "It's just a sandwich".

"Just a sandwich"? He glared at her with hurt in his tone. "Just a sandwich? JUST A SANDWICH???" now getting angry. "........Huh, just a sandwich". He whispered sadly.

" Oh Shiny, I'm soo sorry, I'll make you another one". Cadence said trying to cheer him up, while extending her hoof. Shining Armor met her hoof half way and stopped her.

"No, it's alright. It's just a sandwich". He said confidentally.

"Are you sure"? Cadence asked, "You know I don't mind".

Shining Armor looked at Cadence who still had mayo and olives on her and had a sly idea.

"I have a better idea". He whispered before leaning in and licking mayo off of Cadence's neck.

"Oh-OH, ehehe SHINY"? Cadence moaned.

"How about I have my sammich AND hear that giggle"? Shining Armor grinned before lifting her up to their bedroom.


Ooooooooooo

Shining Armor shook his head snapping out of his daydream and stared at the small applecider puddle on the floor where Cadence was about to step. He raised a hoof to stop her but a second too late.

"Here ya go Shiny! One fresh Shining San-whoops"!

(CRASH, SPLAT)

"MY SAMMICH"!






Author's note: There you go guys, tell me what you think down in the comments, hope this didn't offend anypony. Anyway, still working on my other stories so look forward to that. Until then,

CIAO

Comments ( 26 )

I wonder if it's funny.

Hmm... Not half bad. Gave me a few good chuckles. I noticed a few missing apostrophes throughout the story... Otherwise, not half bad. Well deserving of a rate up, I suppose.

Damn that must be one good sammich

Never stand between a Stallion, and his Sammich.

LOL! I loved every word of this. You definitely get a favorite and a thumb up.

heavy, how do i make sandvich?
all you have to is take a cup of flower, add it to the mix!
next take a little something sweet not sour, add it quick just a pinch,
making these treats is such a cinch just add a teaspoon of balonay!
all you have to do is count to four and you never get your filla!
sandvich!
so moist and delicious,
sandvich!
im coming for you!
sandvich!
sandvich sandvich sandvich!
:pinkiecrazy:

First thought: Lol, pony sexism.

It's a cute little story. Keep at it, man.

"Get Back in the Kitchen!"

*sad music as Cadence sulks to kitchen*

Revelling not revealing
pegasi not pegasy
and wiping not whiping

Otherwise a great little one shot. Just how it should be, short and sweet. :pinkiehappy:

Amusing. Would benefit from proofreading, though. Way too many "Shinning"s.

1113655>>1113620
Ehh true and thanks:twilightblush:

heavy, how do i make sandvich?
all you have to is take a cup of flower, add it to the mix!
next take a little something sweet not sour, a bit of salt, just a pinch,
making these treats is such a sinch just add a teaspoon of balonay!
all you have to do is count to four and you never get your filling!
sandvich!
so moist and delicious,
sandvich!
im coming for you!
sandvich!
sandvich sandvich sandvich!
And thats how you do it this is an edit of someone elses who did it wrong ._.

Scratch that >:3
Cadence, how do i make sandvich?
all you have to is take a cup of flower, add it to the mix!
next take a little something sweet not sour, a bit of salt, just a pinch,
making these treats is such a sinch just add a teaspoon of balonay!
all you have to do is count to four and you never get your filling!
sandvich!
so moist and delicious,
sandvich!
im coming for you!
sandvich!
sandvich sandvich sandvich!

Like a startled baby bunny?:rainbowhuh:

OH how the great fall SO hard!:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

1114009\thank you for the corection :rainbowkiss: i knew i did something wrong

masterpice :')

Huh, not nearly as crackfic-y as I thought it was gonna be. Still nice though.

My god this was so cheesy! You've made giggling painful!

Loads of grammatical errors though. You need the assistance of a proofreader.

this made me hungry

Me while reading this fic:

Honestly, he takes pride in this sandwich more than he does his job. There was this really embarrassing time we had lunch with my aunt Celestia.... She had taken alot of time to set everything up, displayed alot of delicious foods but the only thing Shining had on his plate, 20 sandwhiches that I call Shinning Sandwiches. He absorbed each one like oxygen. My aunt got a little curious by the time he had 6 left, and asked to have a bite to see how great this "Shinning Sammich" really is.

She chewed slowly with a raised eyebrow. She looked towards me with a puzzled look that said, "This tastes like any other sandwich out there". Before she could say what I knew she would say, I coughed and pointed my pupils in Shinning's direction and winked. He just sat there, overly enjoyin' em, completely oblivious. She got the hint and played along, finishing the rest of the sandwich ferociously making Shining Armor gasp in horror.

"You said just a bite"! He yelled before covering his mouth with his hooves.

My aunt smiled a wicked grin as I realized that she had found a new way to mess with Shining. She belched very unlady like, stunning everypony and yelled back, "How could I just have ONE bite of this sandwich! I must have more"!!!

Hearing her words, Shining Armor quickly gathered his remaining sandwiches in his hooves and made a run for it, my aunt chasing him laughing meniacally, but before she left the room, she glanced back at me and winked. My aunt Luna merely facehoofed and we both laughed. All that just to protect his pride and his sandwiches . (chuckle) Here ya go Shiny! One fresh Shining San-whoops!

Poor Shining XD :trollestia:

I WANT SOME OF THEM TAAAAAAAAAASTAYS!

Please allow yourself to have a cookie if you understood this reference.

Login or register to comment