• Published 26th Oct 2019
  • 831 Views, 64 Comments

The Clocktower - garatheauthor



The Clocktower Society's mission is to fulfill every kink, no matter how niche. What better way to tell their erotic story than through the eyes of those working in its offices, filling out forms, faxing forms, and most excitingly, signing forms?

Comments ( 20 )

Surely this can only end well.

Right...?

9968994
You are drastically overestimating my knowledge of the lore.

was this inspired by the reddit post about some guy's subs unionizing?

9969102
Wait what? Did that seriously happen? Can I get a link because damn that's waaay to much of a mindfuck for me not to delve into the deep end.

9973172
Fair enough, haven't read the original since the main story stopped advancing the story itself.

I used to be able to sort of justify this story as a sort of funny parody, but it isn't even in the realm of "funny" anymore. It's just kind of... making fun of something and insulting it. Between non-consensual hypnosis and the trans-women-in-tech-with-choker jokes that only kind of make sense to a tiny group of people, to the whole "CTS made a great new tech that could help people with trauma! So they're gonna be assholes and just use it for sex" thing... it's just a mockery. You claim yourself you didn't read much of the lore, and I'd have to agree.
The story could have humor and potential in it, if you did something other than removing the CONSENT part of CTS. This fic could be a fun idea, the whole office-behind-the-scenes thing, it just kind of sucks how it was handled here. The astounding lack of consent is the opposite of the core ideas behind CTS.

9974387
Alright i'll stop writing it then.

9974599
Feh on that! FEH I SAY! I for one have enjoyed this bout of sillyness. I don't even like the original watchtower series, and I still enjoyed this. It has a The Office sort of quality.


9974387
Oh, get over yourself!

...Okay, I was going to leave it at that, but really, I do get where you're coming from... But its the fucking Clock Tower! That sort of shit is par for the course, and the most ponies would be pissed about is somepony not taking pictures! If you're going to this sort of thing, consent is sort of a given:facehoof:

the trans-women-in-tech-with-choker

That chapter made me think this

And if you didn't have the same thought, you are just no fun

9992982
Dude probably not the greatest idea to use the word trap and trans woman in the same comment. :U

9993004
It was a joke! Good heavens. Also I'm bisexual. I thought I got a pass on these things.

Really though, I did that because that person aggravated me:twilightangry2:

9992982
I'm a moderator for both the main group and the discord, I've written stories in the Clocktower Society universe and have been a part of the community for a few years now. Heck, one of my stories is featured in the main story. I think I'm fairly qualified to know my share about the universe and what qualifies as consent in it. I understand the confusion, I do, but in any bdsm scenario, consent isn't assumed as a given. There's a reason theres a big focus on safewords.
As for the "get over yourself" bit... I respect that this may not be a topic close to your heart, and that your feelings and opinions are different than mine, but just because I have strong feelings on something doesn't mean I'm full of myself because of it.
9993008
And you dont get a pass cuz you're bi. That's not how that works...

9993186

And you dont get a pass cuz you're bi. That's not how that works...

I shouldn't need one at all, and whom, might I ask, are you to tell me anything?

And as I said, it was still a joke. Look, if you like, we can take this to pm. Let's not clutter up this fellows comments with this nonsenese.

9993973
Don't get me wrong i do appreciate you coming to my defense but the joke was still in poor taste and plays on some pretty harmful tropes about trans women.

9993982
The best jokes often are. Now, you do realize of course I had no malicious intent and I'm not standing on some soap box calling anyone names or anything like that. I made a joke. That's all.

And you wrote a story that got somebodies knickers in a twist.

My question is... so?

I'd love to see your take on an Equestrian Foundation.

9993989
Cmon, don't do that. If somebody says you're offensive, apologize and learn.

10345803
"A society where anyone can make jokes about anyone and everyone laughs is a truly tolerant society."
-Ben Croshaw

Login or register to comment