• Published 27th Jul 2019
  • 270 Views, 20 Comments

Mission to save ponies and stuff - emeraldhuskydragon0



A changeling oc brings bad ocs to rehab. Whether she is also one is up for debate.

  • ...
 20
 270

Star of the show

Author's Note:

guess who’s back and will probably disappear into the void again:
me! now with more sense and hopefully writing skill :yay:

Winter looked down at her hoof. Something felt off. Different. Wrong even. The world around her had taken to a differing quality, and it felt like two years had passed in a blink. This wasn’t normal, had the narrator done something while she wasn’t paying attention? She charged her horn with magic, and with a small flash of the stuff, teleported to the very office her adventure began.

Winter appeared in the narrator’s office. Nothing felt different, but the man was nowhere to be seen. It was rather dark, and surprisingly warm. She decided she wanted to leave as soon as possible.

“Hello? Narrator? Did you do this?” …No response. She walked behind the lone desk and looked under it, because maybe he would be under there for some reason. There was no such luck however. Only a small trash bin filled with crumpled paper and the emergency buttons on the underside of the desk.

“what are you doing in my office?” Winter jumped when she heard a decidedly not Narrator voice. She whipped around to find- a. Normal pony? Said pony was a slightly chubby white pegasus with a pink mane, and was wearing a simple black scarf. Her wings were covering her cutie mark, so Winter couldn’t really tell any more about her.

“Your office? Wh- This is the narrator’s office! Why would he give you his office?” Winter was confused. A normal pony! Where has she come from? Winter had thought this organization was normal pony free! Scratch that, there were some helping rehabilitate the mary sues. But then, why would a helper pony now supposedly own the narrator’s office. Winter took a defensive stance. “Who are you and what did you do to the narrator?” The other pony smiled wider than a pony ought to smile. It was then Winter realized this… ‘pony’ was speaking without moving her mouth.

“first question: you can call me star. second question: maybe you should go find him?” Winter looked at Star in horror. Star simply laughed. “the look on your face is priceless. actually, the narrator has his own office now, since this one was for whoever was running the story, and it wasn’t accurate for the narrator to be in the writer’s room.”

A look of fear and disgust shot across Winter’s face. Someone claiming to be the author. This was one of the most dangerous types of mary sues. She- She had to call lockdown or something! This could either be a highly delusional individual or a matter of national Equus security! She quickly pressed the ‘emergency lockdown’ button that was hidden under the desk and waited for the blaring red alarms. Nothing came, however. Winter frantically pressed the button repeatedly and looked up at Star.

“Why isn’t this working-!”

“well, probably because i disabled it” Star said matter-of-factly. “my existence changes nothing, though i would highly recommend getting out. i know you have a debilitating weakness of heat, wrote it myself, and i cranked the ac on max warmth for your arrival.” Sure enough, the room was getting unbearably warm. Winter felt like she was melting. She struggled on her hooves for a second, not wanting to go any closer to the white mare, yet unable to access enough magic due to the extreme heat. After a second of panic, she dashed past Star and out of the uncomfortably warm room.

Winter made it into the nicely cool air conditioned hallway as the door closed shut behind her. She breathed a sigh of relief, and turned to look back at the door. On the wall next to the door was one of those plaque things with a name on it. It read ‘Writer Stardust”. Winter shook her head and walked down the hallway to the front desk. There was the grey pony, as always, sitting on the chair. She turned and noticed Winter coming towards her.

“Hello Winter! What brings you here?” The grey pony asked.
“I um… Have a question about our leadership?”
“Go ahead!”
“When did the narrator get swapped out for some creepy white pegasus?” Winter looked back down the hallway.
“You mean Miss Stardust? She’s always been here.” The grey mare turned her head quizzically. “Don’t you remember her teleporting you into her office and assigning you to mary sue hunting?”

Winter froze. This concerned her greatly. The odd feeling of earlier must have been a retcon, and she hadn’t noticed it was a retcon. Should she play along or explain everything? Winter decided on the latter. Winter took a deep breath.

“It may be hard to explain this, but our universe just got retconned. I teleported into what I assumed to be the narrator’s office to find Star taking ownership of the narrative. I tried to call an emergency lockdown but it failed, and I think she could be the strongest mary sue we’ve encountered yet.”

The color, or lack thereof, drained from the grey mare’s face. “W-What are we going to do about this?”

“I don’t know. We should just wait and see if her intentions are to ruin this world or to just exist peacefully. I suppose I’ll continue my job like nothing happened?”

“T-That sounds like our best bet, um, good luck Winter!”

Winter nods and starts heading out, but notices something new on the reception desk.

“Mute Air?” The grey mare perks up.

“That’s my name! I got a name! Do you like it?” Mute smiles a real smile.

“It’s sorta sad, but it suits you.” Winter smiles back. It seems today won’t all be a horrible mess.