• Published 14th Aug 2012
  • 1,489 Views, 63 Comments

Phoenix blood - Mikoyose



A man with blood that could save mankind, finds himself in Equestria after a failed attempt to die.

  • ...
12
 63
 1,489

Departure

I wake up from my latest nightmare on a bed. This is not good. I thought as I examined the spot next to me, it was empty with no evidence of having been used at all. I sighed in relief and rolled off the bed, my hooves clopped on the floor, startling me slightly. I recovered when I remembered I was now a pegasus. I shook my head and stretched, my wings opening involuntarily. "I don't think I can get used to that anytime soon." I muttered as I examined the room. It was a large, probably expensive, room that had a single window, three doors, excluding the large double doors on the other side of the room. I looked at the walls, there were a few paintings of the princesses, and a stallion with a very long white beard. Wonder who that is. I thought as I opened one of the three doors, inside was a few empty shelves. On the second door, was the same thing, and in the last door was a bathroom.

I take the time to smell myself, coming to the conclusion that I needed a bath. I entered the tiled room and closed the door most of the way so I didn't have to bite the doorknob to open the door. I heard the double doors open, "James? Are you up yet?" I remembered the voice as the Doctor's new assistant, Ditzy. "James?" she asked again. I let her answer come from the bathtub's faucet, strangely similar to the ones on Earth four little handles sticking out the sides. "Oh you're taking a bath. Doctor wanted me to tell you to meet him in the kitchen. Oh and good morning!" she said before I heard her trot out. I sat in the bathtub and let the hot water cascade over me.

--------------------Meanwhile------------------

Shining armor was speaking with his sister Twilight on what she had done and seen in my memories of Isaac. "Twiley you shouldn't invade another's privacy, especially if they have as bad memories as him." the white stallion said to the lavender unicorn. She hung her head as he continued, "I mean from that one single dream he had, all that... that Death!" he spat out the last word. Twilight raised her head.

"But Shining I know why he's so angry and distant." She argued. He shook his head before answering.

"I don't care Twilight, as long as he doesn't hurt you or anypony else I don't care why he is like that. Please don't look into his memories again." Shining finished sternly. Twilight apologized and promised she wouldn't look at my memories. The captain of the royal guard thanked her and returned changed the subject.

The Doctor, at the moment, was in the throne room talking with Celestia about why I did what I did. Slaughtering hundreds of men just to keep myself out of their reach. He told her the reasons I gave him after killing a small squadron of fully armed soldiers outside of the TARDIS. "They are after him for his blood, they were going to put him in a machine, like you saw his brother in during his dream, and harvest the blood to sell to the wealthy. Those who actually needed it would die, scientists thought that his blood would regrow limbs. They have a large sum of money on his head so he's very distrusting of others. He even tried attacking me when we first met." he said laughing slightly at the memory. The doors opened and Ditzy flew in, "Ah Ditzy! How's James then?" the Doctor asked her.

She landed next to him before answering, "Well he's just taking a shower right now Doctor. He said he'd go when he was finished." she smiled at him, and he returned it.

"Brilliant. Well Ditzy let's go to the kitchen." he turned to the Princess and bowed, "And have a nice day Princess." he added, Ditzy bowed as well before following him out.

--------------------Guest room-------------------

I dried myself off the best I could, cursing my lack of fingers yet again. I looked at myself in the mirror, I was a tan pegasus, though I already knew that. The only thing about me that hadn't changed was my hair, it was still the same short cut I always had, that and my eye color, blue, but it looked a little lighter. I shook my head and left the bathroom only to be met with 'Dashie'. She was standing in the doorway, I gave her an icy look and she glared back. We might have had this stare down for hours if she hadn't looked away which surprised me. "Look I just came to apologize and leave." she said which, again, surprised me.

"How about you just skip the apology and leave." I said, never moving from my spot. She snarled, and I could tell that she was trying to calm herself down.

"Okay look. I'm sorry for what happened to your brother but you don't have to take the anger from your own mistake out on me." she said. I fought back every impulse I had to bash her skull i.

"You don't know anything." I said. I knew she could see the anger on my face. I regained my composure before I walked past her, again fighting my anger and stopping myself from breaking her wings and continued on towards the kitchen. I heard her hooves come closer before stopping and fading away. I calmed myself down as I continued to look for the kitchen.

Several minutes later I had found it and the Doctor was waiting there with his assistant. "Hello James." he greeted me as I entered.

"Hi Doctor. What did you want to talk about?" I asked.

"Ah yes, you see we're going to be returning to Ponyville today." he said.

"Isn't that a good thing?" I inquired, making the Doctor laugh nervously.

"Well I suppose, but unless you have money you're going to have to stay with one of the Elements of Harmony until you can get a paying job and your own home." he said.

"Wait the Elements of Harmony?" I asked

"Yes they are those six ponies you met, um Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy, and." he started.

"And it's Rainbow Dash isn't it?" I asked. He nodded and I sighed. "Can't I just stay in the TARDIS?" I asked, the brown stallion shook his head.

"No you can't stay in the TARDIS." I was about to say something but stopped as Ditzy spoke.

"And I don't want you to scare my little muffin with your dreams." I looked at the Doctor and he mouthed "Her daughter." I nodded and grabbed some food off of a plate as it went by, getting a glare from the one delivering the meal.

Well then thinking over what I've seen with each of them, i'm staying with Fluttershy. At least then I'd have some peace and quiet. I thought to myself as I walked into the throne room with the six ponies and the Princess. "James, I trust that the Doctor informed you of our predicament." the Princess said. I nodded in answer and she smiled.

"Well then have you decided?" she asked.

"Yes I have." I answered. The princess asked me to tell her who I wanted to stay with, I answered, "Fluttershy." the six mares stared at me, "What? She's quiet, so with her I'd be able to actually hear myself think." I said shooting a glance at Rainbow Dash. The mares huddled together, I guessed they were discussing my choice and I found I was correct. They pushed Fluttershy towards me, she looked at me and I gave her an emotionless look.

She turned away enough to have her mane shield her face. I cocked an eyebrow as she began speaking very softly, "Um I..." she trailed off as she spoke, I leaned closer to hear and she repeated what she said inaudibly.

"I can't hear you." I said. She turned to her friends and Rainbow Dash shook her head in frustration.

"She's saying she doesn't want you to stay with her." Oh well that makes things more difficult. I look at the other five,

"Well then I don't know who to stay with." I said before turning to Princess Celestia, "Can't you just give me the money to buy a house? Or just give me one?" I asked her and got cuffed by Twilight.

"You can't ask the Princess for money." the unicorn said sternly. I gave her the same emotionless look I gave Fluttershy.

"So? I can do anything and she can't stop me, neither can you. I. Can't. Die. Remember?" I said those three words slowly to emphasize them, shocking every pony in the room.

I looked back to Celestia, she was still as calm as she was when I spoke with her. "I'm sorry James, I would like to give you what you ask but it is out of my hooves. You still haven't payed for the damages you caused." she said. I snorted and turned to leave, being stopped by Shining's gold and purple armor.

"You will apologize to the Princess, my sister, and her friends." he commanded. I looked him dead in the eyes but said nothing.

"It's fine Captain Shining armor. Leave him be." Celestia said. The stallion begrudgingly moved and I left without another word with the Doctor and his assistant.

The three of us, The Doctor, Ditzy and I, were sitting at the train station while we waited for the others. "Um James. Is it true you can't die?" Ditzy asked me.

I nodded,"I've tried everything: hanging, electrocution, impalement, jumping off a high building. As you can see none of them worked." I spoke as if the topic was spoken about all over the world. My answer stunned her into silence, the Doctor leaned over to me and whispered.

"James, please don't speak like that to my assistant. The ponies here aren't use to death like we are." he smiled at his assistant and I decided to avoid the subject when it came up. We waited for a while longer before the others arrived and shortly after the train arrived. That was when I remembered I had wings I looked at them and made them unfurl and flap a few times before folding them away.

"I'm going to fly back. Less questions that way." I said glancing at the mares.

"I'll go with you to make sure you don't get lost." Rainbow dash said. I ignored her and began flying. She flew next to me. The ability to fly felt good, I have to admit. I felt like I could just stay up here forever and just forget everything that ever happened. Dashie had other plans though, "James I want to talk with you." she said, slowing down.

"Well I don't." I deadpanned, speeding up. She caught up easily.

"Come on, James. It's not like talking's going to kill you." she said but immediately regretted her wording as I sped up. "Look James, I'm sorry I remind you of your brother, and I know you regret not being able to help him." she continued, I tried to speed up to no avail since she always caught up. I was getting irritated.

"Well how the fuck would you feel if your family and friends were killed and it was all your fault!?" I yelled at her.

"I. I-I would feel horrible." she said slowing down slightly.

She sped up again and continued, "I'd still be able to get over it." my wings were getting tired of the constant flapping but I pushed them on.

"How would you get over it if every newspaper had your face on it with the headline: Murderer along with the pictures of your murdered family!?" I continued yelling, tears streaming down my cheeks. She slowed down more as what I said sunk in. I could feel that my wings were at their limit but I continued pumping the muscles.

"Hey I think we should stop you shouldn't overwork your wings like that." she said, concern lining her voice. I looked down and saw the forest I had been in, I didn't want to go back in there. I looked ahead and saw a town; we were close. But I had already surpassed my wings limit and knew I wouldn't make it.

I stopped flapping my wings and glided onto a cloud; she joined me. She was breathing heavily but not as heavily as I was. She was giving me a sympathetic look and I knew it was because I couldn't stop the tears from the memories she returned. "Look James I'm not trying to ruin your life, your brother and I may act the same but we are different beings. For one I'm a girl, and he isn't. I'm a pony and he isn't." she said. I wiped my eyes and took a few breaths to make sure my voice wasn't quavery.

"I know you aren't the same person. But I was the one who killed him." I said looking away.

"Well if I was in your position I would've done it too. I mean who would let him suffer, besides those jerks that put him there."

"Well how would you know what you would've done in my position? You weren't there and I never spoke about it." I said staring at her accusingly.

She laughed sheepishly, "Oh right, well um... I may have probably gotten Twilight to use a spell on you that showed us your memories."

I felt my eye twitch. "Why the hell would you invade someone else's privacy?" I asked, my voice surprisingly calm. The rainbow maned pegasus was stuttering, trying to find an excuse, but couldn't come up with one. Eventually she submitted.

"I invaded your privacy, but only because I thought I could find something that we could try to fix. I'm sorry okay?" I could see that she didn't like being wrong. Isaac would always tell me that being wrong was better than being right 'because you always learn something when you're wrong, but you never learn anything if you're right.' I didn't think they would see eye to eye on that.

"Look Dashie." I began she cut me off.

"My name's Rainbow Dash." my gaze never shifted.

"I'm trying to apologize for being an asshole but if you don't want me to call you that, I'm not going to say your full name." I said. She asked why and I answered simply, "Because it's too girly for me. How about I just call you Dash?" She sighed and reluctantly agreed.

We rested for a short while longer, the tension between us weakened. A whistle blew and I looked over the edge of the cloud, Strange I feel like jumping. I thought as the train passed by underneath us. "Well I think we've rested long enough don't you?" Dash said. I nodded and we flew off the cloud and towards the town in silence.