• Published 14th Aug 2012
  • 1,489 Views, 63 Comments

Phoenix blood - Mikoyose



A man with blood that could save mankind, finds himself in Equestria after a failed attempt to die.

  • ...
12
 63
 1,489

Cloudsdale and a drink

I'm halfway to Cloudsdale now, my gut is telling me to turn around and go back and I ignore it like I have been the entire way there. Paranoia began to slowly set in, making me think that I was leaving Ponyville and into the hands of the 'vampires'. I shook those thoughts away and flew faster. I approached the cloud city fast, slowing down to land on it. Few ponies greeted me, and I just gave a small nod in return. Not a single pony questioned me though some began talking to each other about my 'cutiemark', they were curious as to what it meant. I ignored them and avoided any questions about it. I was already being left to my own affairs; I preferred this over Ponyville. Nopony cared about me and I didn't care about them, it seemed perfect for me. I trotted around the city, the clouds sinking slightly with each step but managing to keep every single pony on it.

I wasn't very surprised since I had slept on one before, when Twilight read my mind. I scowled, a few ponies glanced at me, I didn't like my privacy being invaded; especially about my memories. I trotted up to a random blue pegasus, "Excuse me, I need to know where I go to get a house." He turned around and smiled.

"You're James right?" he asked.

"Yes I am, why?" I was wondering how he knew me.

"I'm Soarin, I'm one of the wonderbolts." Soarin said. I heard that name before and gave him a curious look. "You know, the wonderbolts? We chased you from Canterlot that one time." Ah I remembered now, the tights wearing pegasi. I nodded and he smiled, "What are you doing here and Cloudsdale?"

"I'm moving here." I answered.

"Didn't like Ponyville?"

"No I didn't."

"Really? I heard that place was great."

"It's not what I'm used to."

"I see, hey why don't I show you around?" I gave him an blank look. "It's no problem I was just visiting my parents. My mom makes the best pies." he smiles, remembering the pie she had made for him earlier that day, starting to drool.

"You really like pie don't you?" I asked, closing his mouth.

"Of course! It's amazing!" he said, I nodded and asked him if we can start the tour. He shook his head clear of the thoughts of pie and showed me around. It was like any city; a post office, several stores, plenty of apartments and a few homes, some restaurants, a cloud coliseum where they hold events like the best young fliers competition, and the weather factory on the edge of the city, a rainbow waterfall displayed for all to see. The tour ended at the center of the city, a building nearby said, 'Cloudsdale real estate.' I thanked Soarin and walked to it. He stopped me, "Hey James if you're not busy want to get a drink?"

"A drink?" I asked and he nodded, "Does Equestria have alcohol?" I hoped they did. To my surprise, and delight, he nodded and I smiled, "Lead the way Soarin." He returned the smile and led me to a bar, the Sky barrel. It was a cloud in the shape of a barrel... Ignore it, I told myself, there's a lot you can do with clouds. I changed my thought and entered the bar after Soarin. The bar was pretty empty, a griffon working behind the counter along with a few other griffons scattered around. I scanned the room, a few pegasi were sitting around, not many customers were here though. I'm guessing that the ponies weren't much of drinkers. Either that or we were just too early. Looking out a hole it seemed like it wasn't much later than 6 p.m. back home there wouldn't be much people in the bars and pubs either. I sat next to him at the counter, the bartender stared at us

"What can I get you two?" he asked with a voice that sounded better than I thought it would, less gruff and throaty.

"Plain whiskey for me." Soarin said.

"Vodka, leave the bottle." I answered. The griffon nodded, putting two glasses down in front of us and pouring our drinks simultaneously. We took our drinks and he left the vodka bottle in front of me. Soarin put a few bits on the counter and the griffon snatched them up and left to tend to his other customers. I downed the glass as quick as I could, relishing the taste and setting the glass down. Sighing, "I haven't had a drink in so long... hate the taste again." I chuckled Soarin looked at me as he drank his.

"Hey James could I have some of that? Especially since I'm paying for it?" Soarin asked.

"You still haven't finished yours." I poured myself more and drank it, getting used to the taste. Several minutes of heavy drinking later I had finished a bottle and a half, being immortal didn't stop me from being a lightweight when it came to alcohol. My face was more flushed here than it would be on earth... I think. The bright side and downside of being drunk, having a fuzzy mind. Can't think things through clearly but being able to have a fun time. I pushed the bottle towards Soarin, "You can have tha res'." I slurred, "Ah'm... done." I chuckled. He laughed, being able to handle his alchohol.

"At least you know how much you can handle." He smiled, "Tell me, is there any special pony in your life?"

That's another downside, it stopped me from realizing what seemed like a question that could be used against me. Being drunk as I was at the time, I told him everything about Rosemary; somehow forgetting to state that she was human. He smiled and listened intently before saying that he had to go, I followed him out, actually he helped carry me out, and I said bye to him and he flew away. After swaying on the edge of the cloud city, I felt like finding a few people, I mean ponies, to talk to. The first thing that popped into my head was the party they were hosting for Pinkie. I couldn't remember what it was about so I took off wobbly and did my best to fly back to Ponyville, occasionally forgetting to flap one of my wings or flapping one faster than the other and nearly going into a nosedive several times. Eventually I managed to get to the edge of the town, botching the landing and rolling across a field, breaking my wings, ribs, and my leg.

I felt a dull pain as they fixed themselves, somehow I was still drunk.I probably shouldn't have drank that much... My mind wandered for a second, trying to remember why I came here. I stumbled towards Sugarcube corner as I remembered I was going to a party. I pushed the door open, a little too hard since it hit the wall; all eyes turned to me, I smiled and waved, "Hello ponies." they waved and greeted me. Twilight looking at me nervously. I turned and walked towards Pinkie, apologizing anyone I bumped into, seeing that her mane had deflated and was perfectly straight. Her friends stood beside her in case I came to yell at her, especially while I was drunk. Instead I apologized to the best of my abilities, "Pinkie ah'm very sorry fer, fer yelling at you. I... uh..." I burped loudly, Rarity gave me a disgusted look and Pinkie hugged me tightly before I could finish my explanation.

"I'm so, so, so, so sorry for making you mad, I just wanted you to smile." I pulled her hooves off from around me, she looked up at me with eyes that were too big for her head, I stared at them and laughed, pulling her into a hug, Her mane poofed up again and she returned the hug. The guests cheered and the party continued, I can only remember pieces of it, chatting with a few of the mares, sharing muffins with Derpy and the Doctor, he and I got into a game of trying to pick up objects for a short time. Promising Twilight I'd have a chat with her about my blood, getting into a drinking contest with Rainbow... I don't know who won. Also I vaguely remember playing spin-the-bottle. I woke up with a massive hangover in my bed at Lyra and Bon bon's with a small pile of papers that had names and addresses on it. Now I remembered why I stopped drinking.

Author's Note:

Well I'm going to be ending this in a few more chapters. Hope you all enjoyed