• Published 4th Aug 2012
  • 14,459 Views, 169 Comments

Faithful - Togashi



Young Twilight's trials as she studies under Celestia.

  • ...
99
 169
 14,459
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 30 )

Holy shit it's alive. Praise be, I thought you might have dropped this one, glad you didn't- one of the better/best written dark fics. Looking forward to seeing how you continue it and how you are going to conclude it.

I didn't expect to ever see this one again, but I have to say it's not a bad surprise. I look forward to see where this goes! :twilightblush:

this has the potential to lead to a very positive ending, or a very dark ending, either of which may lead to us learning why Celestia has such...particular tastes, though they were obviously hinted at in this chapter.

Oh, it lives. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, I always imagined her friends' responses if they ever found out what Celestia did to her as a foal.

What a nice blast from the past. It's almost like a Christmas in the middle of the year.

(I miss days when Dark Equestria was in its glory)

You're back?, man, I remember reading this over a year ago.

I am hit with all sorts of amazing feelings on seeing this story updated. This is one of the most emotionally impactful tales on this site, and I love it.

It seems we now moving into Twilight's adulthood and her continuing relationship with Celestia, and I look forward to seeing it. We know she has grown into a strong, confident, resourceful mare, but her time with Celestia has made a mark on her. This should be fascinating.

“Unless you wanted to spend some time with me this afternoon. In private. I could tell them I'm...busy

This sentence may be pregnant because it did not get its period.:rainbowlaugh:

I sure missed this story. Honestly, when I started reading this chapter I thought you accidentally updated the wrong story. You fooled me with that dream sequence. I look forward to seeing what new directions you take this story in.

Here is to hoping it does not take another year and a half to update.

KBO.:twilightsmile:

Oh-so glad to see this back.

Maybe the story can actually stay alive this time!

Sooooo, another year before the next update?

4801478 Please don't tell me that means yes.
Or does it I hurt your feelings?

I don't know...:applejackunsure:

4801505 Nah, doesn't mean there won't be another update. I just am hoping I don't end up sitting on it for months again, I realize how irritating that is when you're reading something.

Oh dear lord, got halfway through the first chapter and had to walk away.

Can we have ... outright foalcon tags or something? Or just a warning in the preview other than/in addition to 'dark'?

That said, once I was able to sit down and force my way past Celestia's pedophilia, it seems there's a great deal of darkness behind the 'Sun', and possibly Night Moon isn't quite the villain here that she was in the series.

Going to be very interesting to see if Twilight is going to be able to fight her 'master' alongside the 'villain', Luna, or if Twilight will be crushed by her fear of her family being punished for her betrayal of the monster on the throne.

Celestia manages to horrify me a bit more each chapter (although the first chapter takes the cake, with her getting rid of student's families and seriously considering ripping Twilight's arm off). I lack the words to describe how unhealthy Twilight's affection for Celestia is, except to note that it isn't as unhealthy as Celestia's. Twilight's got a pretty strong dose of Stockholm Syndrome there.

I'm a bit surprised at Celestia's distaste for that dream. She was quite gentle and soft by her standards, and Luna much less resistant than the students she took were. Because it was what started to push Luna away, perhaps? If that's the case, it's a bit hard to understand why she continued that same behavior she claimed to regret, but to a much more drastic and emotionally manipulative manner, for the entire thousand years since the banishment. Is it because Luna didn't cry, but she could tell she wanted to? Is it because Luna didn't cry, but the other children she's taken advantage of have done so,

How did Twilight save Luna as the Element of Magic, if she never had her potential unlocked via Rainboom? Even Celestia admitted she was just a normal pony, and I don't think practice alone or a talent in magic (which, from what Celestia said in the first chapter, doesn't seem to be all that unusual) (does she even have a talent for magic, with her Cutie Mark effectively being Celestia's brand? Is it actually a Cutie Mark at all?) alone would be enough to qualify as the personification of magic. Unless friendship-as-magic supplants normal magic completely in regards to the Elements of Harmony?
(speaking of which, how did Celestia manage to wield Kindness against Nightmare Moon?)

What will Luna think when she discovers that Celestia has another thousand years of pedophilia and physical + emotional abuse notched on her belt? Or when she sees how much crueler Celestia's attentions have become? Or that the very mare that saved her was Celestia's latest conquest (unless Celestia's moved on to somepony else since Twilight grew past foalhood?)? It sounded like Celestia only started it after Luna's banishment, so I imagine she'd be at least a bit... surprised. I wonder if Twilight mentioning it to Luna is something Celestia wouldn't want, of if Twilight thinks she already knows, like Merriweather.

I'm a bit worried about Luna. She's currently reduced to a foal, and with Celestia manipulating and using up apprentices as she has it gives me concern about what she may do with Luna a nearly helpless filly and at her mercy... for the first time, actually weaker than Celestia. Sure, Celestia loves her, but... she seems to have used what she did to Luna as an excuse for destroying her student's families to preserve her image. There's a difference between a situation that forces one to take painful action, and something else entirely to keep creating that situation again and again.

I dislike these kinds of stories, but I still read them once I start to see how they end. Or even if I don't make it to the end, but just to see what the fallout is. Does Celestia get away entirely free? Does Twilight ever realize how misplaced her love for Celestia is (even if she does see-saw about her feelings about how she was treated)? Will she ever see that certain acts cannot be justified? Does Celestia even realize what she's doing is wrong, or does she really believe she is the end-all and be-all of morality? What do those close to the victimizer do when they find out what she's doing? What do those close to the victim feel when they learn what was done to her? Does Twilight ever realize that her good memories and Celestia's kind moments don't balance out against her molestations (even child-abusing parents or wifebeaters have close, emotional moments with their family, in between the violence. Continuing to feel affection even after horrible abuses is one of the reasons why so few people will try to break out of an abusive relationship without outside pushing, help, or advice)? Just what does the author actually perceive of the characters, and how well does he convey his vision of what the relationship between characters is, how it is expressed, and the feelings behind it? What does the author view as an appropriate response for the abuser's actions? If Celestia chose another filly, would Twilight stand by and let the Princess do as she wills to another child?

There's a billion questions to ask, and I don't expect you to sit down and dole out answers. I'm not good at reviewing, so leaving questions is the way I try to show that a story interests me. And sometimes, even if they never get answered, some questions just need to be asked, if only to satisfy the mind of the asker.

4817530 You say you aren't a good reviewer, but I think you've done a good job asking really honest questions that really make you rethink characters' motives.

To answer a few, the main reason Celestia is so troubled by the memories of Luna is that she is the very symbol of Celestia’s unhealthy desires. She is tremendously attracted to her, but disgusted with herself afterwards. Luna was Celestia’s first, and they share a sisterly bond, so they're stuck with each other, for better or for worse. This also troubles Celestia, since with her other students, they age quickly compared to her, so she never has to worry about dealing with them for long.
As for the cutie mark, it wasn't a brand per se. Celestia predestined the mark Twilight would receive. She infused the foal with some of her magic, making it impossible for her to fail the Magic school entrance test.
Regarding the people around Celestia, and her victims, let's just say that she chooses both carefully. You'll notice there are very few ponies that interact with the Princess on a regular basis besides Merriweather, and she puts her students into that same isolation. She targets very smart, yet socially awkward foals, and overwhelms them with her power and influence so they feel there is no option but to obey. It's also hinted that in the rare occurrence that a family does find out what happened to their child, they may be exiled from the kingdom, or worse.
Some of your other questions will be answered in subsequent chapters.

I absolutely love this story. I wouldn't mind if it were to update a little more often, but it is very good.:twilightsmile:

Oh wow, I did not expect this story to ever continue. Yay! it's one of my favourites :)

Lol I noticed this 41 weeks late so maybe a new chapter should be soon?

i usually dont like so much such dark stories but yours was oddly satisfying and im looking forward for more. hope ill see much more of weird fetishes and how luna will fit into it all

4801752

its really not that irritating overall, but it definitely is when you end up the last chapter like THAT

... is it dead? *pokes with stick*

This is another one of those interesting, rather dark twists on the Celestia/Twilight relationship. Quite chilling! I do hope you continue it! :twilightsmile:

Your Celestia is a masterpiece -- a powerful creature who seems weary of her own hungers even as she's driven so strongly by them, and still plausible take on the concept.

Seriously, when I saw this had a new chapter, I felt elation. Thank you.

4818691 so is this dead....or what?

Before I read this, what is the Dark tag for ?
And how bad does it get ?

8125985 There is some coercion, implied rape, BDSM, manipulation. It's technically rape but for the most part Twi goes along with it because of her age and position, and generally enjoys it in the end.

Ya know, I've read this a couple of times now, and only just realized it's marked 'incomplete'. Of all the old stories (anything before ~2016 when FimFic became a more popular phenomenon), this is hands down one of the very best. Shame it's over, there is a lot of potential for some side stories here.

Are you planning to finish this story anytime in the near future?

Login or register to comment